What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Independent Test: 126W LED Bloom Cabinet

LEDGirl

Veteran
A customer of mine on 420Magazine recently asked me to post his grow journal online as he did not want to be "connected" to the content. Since I had the pictures already and am getting updates weekly, I thought, "why not share it with the guys on IC?"

I won't be good at answering questions about this grow, so if you have any please keep them simple. I am in no way connected to this grow other than the fact that it is using my light, so understand this is a true 3rd party demonstration. In fact, I don't even know where this grow is taking place (state, city, etc...). Here is the starting information from the grower:

"This is a cabinet I bought from Wal-mart, I modified it a bit to make it taller.

It is 30" wide by 20" deep and 76" tall.

the lowest 14" inches has a 20" Gal fish tank in it haha! It holds WAY more nutes then my old 5 gal bucket setup.

then I make custom tops to fit the netpots I need. Right now its fitting 2 5 Gal bucket lid netpots, but next time I'm going to 6" net pots

It has a water pump in there for flushing you can see the hose come out the top.

It also has a 24" foam airstone.

theres also are 2 5" fans in there pulling air from the back bottom of the cabinet and pushing it up into the flower chamber.

Flower area is only 37" tall, thats including the space my 126 Penatrator needs. I had to cut down the straps it came with and make my own lower profile hangers, I use grow yo's

The last 21" or whatever is where I keep a mother. Also I have made the worlds smallest EZ-cloner for up there. then when clones are done I have 2 very short pots I veg in for a week or so. then there ready to replace the ones below...

General Hydro nutes
Strain: Dutch Passion Oasis
6" carbon filter, its behind the veg area "the veg areas only 12" wide"

These images were sent to me on 10-23-09:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 38

LEDGirl

Veteran
More pictures:

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 41

LEDGirl

Veteran
I was told that the plants are in their mid second week for these pictures, but I don't know the exact day. For where they are at, the plants seem to be stretching nicely and forming pretty little flower clusters.

These images were sent to me 10-31-09:

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 39

LEDGirl

Veteran
More Images:

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 46
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 40

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
All looks good to me.....seems amazing what you can do with L.E.D's these days........

...a belated welcome to the ICM forums LEDGirl.....

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
good to see you back on the forums, but why did you need a new account?

Also, congrats on being an official vendor now, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

LEDGirl

Veteran
good to see you back on the forums, but why did you need a new account?

Also, congrats on being an official vendor now, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Almost everyone on just about every forum and thread automatically assumed I was a man and addressed me as such. I got tired of correcting people after a while, so I wanted to come up with a screen name that would prevent the issue. LEDGirl was simple and to the point, so I began using it when I signed up for new forums. Since I'm back, I figured it's best to use the name that prevents a bunch of extra posts from taking place on threads so there would be less editing. Plus, I like LEDGirl better :witch:

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
Almost everyone on just about every forum and thread automatically assumed I was a man and addressed me as such. I got tired of correcting people after a while, so I wanted to come up with a screen name that would prevent the issue. LEDGirl was simple and to the point, so I began using it when I signed up for new forums. Since I'm back, I figured it's best to use the name that prevents a bunch of extra posts from taking place on threads so there would be less editing. Plus, I like LEDGirl better :witch:

that's what I had thought, and I agree it is better.

R

Ronley

I love the name LEDGirl. I am Looking at great interest at your product.
Fantastic that you can be an official vendor here. As for years it was a nig NO NO.

LEDGirl

Veteran
Here are some update pictures I received today: 11-6-09

Attachments

• F3-4.JPG
    F3-4.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 43
  • F3-3.JPG
    F3-3.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 36
  • F3-2.JPG
    F3-2.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 43
  • F3-1.JPG
    F3-1.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 40

LEDGirl

Veteran
more pix:

Attachments

• LED Grow Light 1.JPG
    LED Grow Light 1.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 39
  • LED Grow Light 2.JPG
    LED Grow Light 2.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 38
  • LED Grow Light 3.JPG
    LED Grow Light 3.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 40
  • LED Grow Light 4.JPG
    LED Grow Light 4.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 40

LEDGirl

Veteran
Updates 11-13-09:

Attachments

• 4-3.jpg
    4-3.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 4-2.jpg
    4-2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 4-1.jpg
    4-1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 4-9-9.jpg
    4-9-9.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 36

LEDGirl

Veteran
more pix:

Attachments

• 4-4.jpg
    4-4.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 4-5.jpg
    4-5.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 4-6.jpg
    4-6.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 38
  • 4-8.jpg
    4-8.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 37

The builder

WOW, they grew an amazing amount in 21 days. They look delicious. By far, your LED lights are the best on the market, hands down. I need to upgrade from the 63watt to the 126 watt. Awesome!!

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
very interesting LEDgirl! i'll be following along for sure! look at those buds!

ArcticBlast

nephrosis

GREAT grow!!! I love to see if you could possibly make a 30 picture post, with each picture is 1 day, And maybe you could do it for the flowering stage too?

I am going to have to try to use this method! I cant wait to use LEDs, Less power, MORE/faster plant growth!!! especially if you use the 630 NM red spec LEDS!

TY for this

Helis

This has been good to watch... I am very excited on your 126w panel and I will likely order one in the new-year (not overkill for 1.5" x 2" footprint is it?)... Very excited someone based in America (or at least closer to home & closer to the cause than China) is developing this technology for us, and from everything I've read they really do look the best.
Excited to see more!

LEDGirl

Veteran
Is That an additional MH Bulb? i can't believe thats coming from the lead itself..

Huh? Where are you seeing a metal halide? The customer who is doing the grow and sending me the photos, put some CFL's in at one point solely for photographs, but otherwise this test is only running a single 126W LED.

LEDGirl

Veteran
GREAT grow!!! I love to see if you could possibly make a 30 picture post, with each picture is 1 day, And maybe you could do it for the flowering stage too?

I am going to have to try to use this method! I cant wait to use LEDs, Less power, MORE/faster plant growth!!! especially if you use the 630 NM red spec LEDS!

Our LED lights do not use 630nm, they use 640nm which is much more closely matched to the chlorophyll absorption peak. Aside from that, 660nm-670nm is what you need for flowering...

As per the 30 picture request, you can feel free to browse the pictures as you like that have already been posted.