What's new

SG's Hempy Grow Show - Satori, Double Bubble, PRxPK, Skunk #1

Hey everyone! :wave:

Welcome to my Hempy Grow Show. This is a place for positive vibes, good friends and most of all, great nugs! Please feel free to speak on any positive topic and post any pictures relevent to the conversation.

Anyways, onto the diary! Here is a list of what I've got going on:

Gear:
2'x 3' area
600W HPS for flower @ 91,000 lumens (yes, I know, that's about 15K lumens per square foot, :yoinks:)
250W CFLs for veg (still working on that)
Yield Master II air cooled reflector
1.5 Gallon Hempy Buckets with about 4 parts perlite and 1 part vermiculite

Stains:
White Label Double Bubble
Mandala Satori
G-13 Labs Skunk #1 Fem (I'll get to this breeder in a bit)
Killa's Purple Rhino x Purple Kush (Private Breeder)

Nutes:
Entire Fox Farm's Hydro Line Up
Liquid Light on occasion
I have some other stuff that I will note when/if I use it.

So that is the breakdown of what I have going on. I have been documenting the grow as we go along and we are about 1 week away from flipping the lights. Right before flipping the lights I will be taking 2 clones from each plant and putting them into the bubble cloner. Once sex has been determined I will cull the males and flower out the rest of the girls. BUT, I will be keeping the male clones for breeding purposes in the future. A lot of Killa's work as well as some influence from WhiskeyTango has encouraged me to give breeding a try on my own. We'll see how that goes.

As of today I have a few things to report / lessons learned:

1. The Double Bubble is a confirmed female, an aggressive one at that.
2. It is possible the light is too intense, it sometimes appears that I am burning them. The glass is at about 24" from the canopy.
3. I applied Liquid Light without penetrator and definitely burned some plants, in combination with the light being a little close. Learning as I go along.
4. I suck at starting seeds. :fsu: It has been over a year since I last started some and I went through my minimal stock pretty quickly. Luckily I came out with some decent looking plants after all was said and done.
5. G-13 Labs is a sketchy breeder. :noway: They are only offered from Attitude and they make up a bunch of BS like having "Pineapple Express" as well as offering NO information on any of the history of their lines. That being said, I'm not sure as to the validity or quality of their "Skunk #1"
6. All the plants have been topped to encourage lower branch growth.

I'll post pics of the flower room when it is completely finished. I am getting my panda 6mil panda film on Tuesday and that is when I will seal everything up. Well, that about covers all I can think of at the moment ... feel free to post with suggestions or comments! I will be checking things everyday and updating as I see fit.

Stay safe everyone,
-sg

Here is a little tour of what has happened so far ...

The seeds starting. All 5 varieties from the GH Color Coded Packs did not make it. Some my fault, others just shitty luck.
picture.php

The entrance to the grow space
picture.php

The temp grow box I rigged together while I was waiting on some supplies
picture.php

The flower area
picture.php

First to pop, straight in the hempy as well!
picture.php

All 7 before transplant (I don't usually transplant in hempy, but I was limited on space at the beginning)
picture.php

Some of the roots ... looking good
picture.php

And here are all the ladies on 10.18:
skunk#1
picture.php

double bubble lady
picture.php

PRxPK 1 - pretty sensitive to light / nutes
picture.php

PRxPK 2 - same as above
picture.php

satori 1 - very short and stout
picture.php

satori 2
picture.php

satori 3 - very sativa looking
picture.php

And here are group shots on time lapse ...
Day 1 under HPS 10.8:
picture.php

10.10:
picture.php

10.12:
picture.php

10.18:
picture.php

a6grow

props! lookin good bro, i am a fellow hempy supporter. i was wondering, how long did u veg, and the bottom pics are at how many days already?

props! lookin good bro, i am a fellow hempy supporter. i was wondering, how long did u veg, and the bottom pics are at how many days already?

hey a6grow, thanks! it's tough to tell the veg time since I was popping seeds over a 1.5 week period. On average, I'd say they are at about 18 days veg, with some probably 14 days and the double bubble at maybe 25 days?

Hope that helps. They have another 5-6 days under HPS then FLOWER TIME!
:woohoo:

peace,
-sg

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Big O! Glad to see you're back up again. They look great but that double bubble looks awesome! Best wishes on this run.

Big O! Glad to see you're back up again. They look great but that double bubble looks awesome! Best wishes on this run.

hey dubwise! thanks for stoppin in ... hopefully this will be a good show ... they are getting real big, REAL fast ... debating flipping on Thursday instead, we shall see!

stay tuned it should get interesting ...

peace,
sg

killa12345

babies are looking good....nice to see ya in dem hempy's too....good luck bro, hope you like them.....the f2 that you got have a real grapy smell to them....at least EVERY single one ive seen from me and my friends! Grabin a seat, blunt, some bubble and we are here for the ride! who wants a hit?
Stay Safe!
Killa

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how its going osecretgardeno ,

Looking good so far, i've been reading a lot of hempy thread lately and i love the simplicity they create when growing.

I'll deff checking back to learn a thing or 2 from you and other people, hempy is in my book for the next op.

Good vibes.

Very cool grow I like it.....:joint:

glad you like it bud ... stay tuned we are going to have a great time here :woohoo:
peace -sg

babies are looking good....nice to see ya in dem hempy's too....good luck bro, hope you like them.....the f2 that you got have a real grapy smell to them....at least EVERY single one ive seen from me and my friends! Grabin a seat, blunt, some bubble and we are here for the ride! who wants a hit?
Stay Safe!
Killa

killa! my man. helpin make it all possible here.glad to see you on here, about to hop over to your thread. girls are looking good so far ... lets see what they can do! ill be lookin for the grapy smell for sure.

sounds like you are strapped in for the ride! pass that shit bro ...

peace -sg

how its going osecretgardeno ,

Looking good so far, i've been reading a lot of hempy thread lately and i love the simplicity they create when growing.

I'll deff checking back to learn a thing or 2 from you and other people, hempy is in my book for the next op.

Good vibes.

yea man, learn all you can ... hempys are simple and proven VERY successful ... any questions you have feel free to ask.
peace-sg

just rollin through here, thought i'd drop some pics. I thought this comparison was pretty cool ... the power of hempys and a 600watter for veg!

12 day difference

before:

picture.php

and after:

picture.php

They are all going lights out tomorrow morning, 7:30 am. The timer is up and running strong and i prefer they be in the dark during the day (personal / security reasons). Clones will be taken within the next week.

Hey, question, what do people consider the first day of real FLOWER. Some say first day of 12/12, others say first evidence of flowering ... what do people think??

Most have alternating nodes and are showing some evidence of sex. I am seeing about a 4:3, chick:dude ratio ...

that's my "professional opinion"

:laughing:

peace,
sg

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
sup s to the g! unbelievable growth with that 600 watter. good deal. To answer your question, I start counting when i flip to 12/12.
looks good my man.

yea, dubwise, that's what i'm thinkin too. easier to just count from there.

tonight i got all the pH and PPM meters calibrated and got my nutes to about. also turns out my tap is like 210ppm. looks like i'll be checkin out those RO systems. anyways i fed at like 750 ppm and 5.8-5.9 pH. I went light on the nutes because i'd rather them be asking for more than me giving them too much, right?

peace
sg

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Absolutely...I thought I was screwing up b/c my girls could never get over 50% nutrient strength...and they grow much better when they're not trying to overcompinsate by too much nutrient....I belive that's when lockout occurs and those wonderfull plants start to head to the infirmary. Keep it light and work up.

yea dubwise, my goal this run is to really read the plants and let them tell me what the need ... i realized my other runs i was just following directions on the bottle and probably doing more hurt than good :fsu:

these ladies are loving flower so far. just a couple of days in and what a difference!

peace
sg

I just got finished installing the new Panda film and zipper entrance and now everything is light / smell tight. A very nice feeling to say the least. :yes:

Only day 3 from 12/12 switch and this is what we have for males / females:

The 3 Satoris I am almost 100% sure are boys :wallbash: ... oh well, I'm just going to choose my favorite one (I think the very sativa dominant boy) and take clones off him, then flower those clones and store / use a bunch of pollen for my own crosses :D

The Double Bubble is a strong female.

The Skunk #1 if fem, I don't really need to explain that.

The PRxPK is the slowest to show sex, but so far I am pretty sure we have 1 female, it's possible two. So if that is a girl, that will satisfy the 4:3 chick:dude ratio I thought it was.

Here are some pics good vibes,
peace sg

picture.php

the burns on the bottom leaves are from my little Liquid Light issue. Everything looks great now
picture.php

picture.php

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
hey man, glad to see things are good. I was about to pick up one of those tarp zippers...do you like it? I need to create an opening for a hoop house we put up last week. Do you think it would work okay outside? thanks.peace.

hey man, glad to see things are good. I was about to pick up one of those tarp zippers...do you like it? I need to create an opening for a hoop house we put up last week. Do you think it would work okay outside? thanks.peace.

yup, so far so good. not exactly "light proof" but whatever, it's close enough. also helps keep the stink in for sure, i can already tell a big difference. still have the carbon filter on the way just in case.

should work great outside, might want to see if you can get one that is rust/corrosion proof, just in case.

peace,sg

IS this how you are supposed to pay for your vacation around here! some three month plan to buy a plane ticket back to Cuba!

or what!

Latest posts

Latest posts