What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w Equivalent Club

grouchy

How about another friendly challenge for the micro section?

This will be a contest aimed at helping people dial in their micro growing skills. The goal is to dream, design, engineer, and build some extremely efficient grow rooms on a micro scale. I know many of us have these bulbs laying around from previous projects or can get them for cheap locally.

41uIZDvDsvL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I know that the bulbs are only rated at 42w but how cool would that club name sound :D

Rules

Lighting:

Max - one 150w equivalent CFL bulb or two 75w equivalent CFL bulbs

Grow room:

No size limit
No other light can be visible to the plants

Grow method
:

You can grow the plant however you would like as long as it is one time veg, one time harvest

Proof:

Please provide pics and details of the cab and pics of the final yield.

Time limit:

No time limit. The contest will be ongoing

Current Best Yield
:

I will update and keep this current as soon as we have a new high yield

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions I may have missed.

:D

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hey grouchy, sadly I can't take part just yet, but I wanted to mention that the only larger watt bulbs like this that you can buy easily in Oz, and other places I may imagine, are 48w. So there's a chance you may have 0.0000000002% less participation rate due to that. Not sure their equivalency.

Last edited:

grouchy

give me till monday and ill have a single clone going into flower under a single 42w cfl :kos:ill list details and pics on monday

Wow, there is a good chance that you will get your name on the high yield board just for being the first one done.

I am just in the planning stages of mine and will hopefully have a growing model by the beginning of December.

grouchy

I made some progress on my challenge entry. I am going to use the mother and clone room from my micro ngb box. This is really not a big area and will just barely fit the container and screen I made. I plan on using a variation of the hempy bucket with 100% perlite on the bottom up to the drain and soil on the top. I thought about using coco to separate the two mediums until I ran across a thread that suggested using polyfill in between. I will not be able to begin this grow until early to mid December but it is going to happen.

picture.php

grouchy

What did you make that screen out of? I've been trying to figure out what to use as a screen in my PC.

1" square fencing. I believe they sell it at home depot. I had to buy a whole roll but I might try to build a compost area in my garden with the rest of it.

You know what grouchy I might be down for this... Guess i'll run a test drive with one CFL and tube. Orginally i was going to do my vert set up with 2-3 bulbs with two tubes. But i think i want see what i can come up with. Maybe do some dumpster diving for some containers, or just use a rubbermaid

grouchy

I was originally going to run mine in a 5 gallon bucket but ran into problems trying to make it stealth. I bet if we get typn in here he will whip all our butts.

virago420

Awesome!

Awesome!

What a great idea for a competition there grouchy! I dont have the means just yet to participate but as soon as my flower cab is done I will be entering the competition. Well that is if a 42W bulb fits into my speaker box. Cant wait to see the results of the competition folks. Peace

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I made some progress on my challenge entry. I am going to use the mother and clone room from my micro ngb box. This is really not a big area and will just barely fit the container and screen I made. I plan on using a variation of the hempy bucket with 100% perlite on the bottom up to the drain and soil on the top. I thought about using coco to separate the two mediums until I ran across a thread that suggested using polyfill in between. I will not be able to begin this grow until early to mid December but it is going to happen.

picture.php

grouchy, I've used those cans and easily harvested an ounce or more with small HID lighting. With the screen, you may yield better with 1/3 the energy. I like it! Will the cab hold two of those? If not, maybe you'd consider making the screen dimensions larger. More rectangular like the cab. I'm sure the bulb and can would support it.

If the screen already fills the space, disregard the above. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Latest posts