What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Summer Reading Smokey Reports

G

While at the last 420 I had the grand opportunity to smoke various different strains. Some samples I was given to report here and some I bought and and would like to report here.I have not grown any of the strains in this report so I don't know any of the growing data. The only criteria of these reports are that I smoked an entire joint and I kept notes that I am writing these reports from. (They are short hand notes) :smile: Also it will take a while(a week) to post the reports that I have so continue to some back. We got all summer right? :D Feel free to comment and add your thoughts comments or any growing data you may have for the strains I write about.

First up DNA’s Chocolate Thai :joint:

These buds were an exocite mix of green and brown. They have a very mouthwatering appearance, if I had to choose between this and ten other strains on appearance I'd choose this one.
The taste and smell is Very very peppery spice. With a nice hit of funk when you break it up.

It is very smooth smoke with an above average high. The high is heady that’s mildly destructive with no body. That makes this good daytime weed

Last edited:
G

Steve's Nevil's Haze

Steve's Nevil's Haze

My buddy Steve whom lives in Amsterdam has a cutting of Nevil's own original mom. Not only that but he belives in proper drying and curing of anything he smokes. These buds have been curing for two years and are well mantained. Thanks Steve for bring out such heirloom strain for me to taste.

These buds are very brown due to the long cure but has maintained a few green bud leaves.
The smell was also very earthy and another peppery smelling strain.

The taste is as you expect was smooth as silk, with a real spicy exhale. It left many wonderful flavors on my tounge. Ever gone into a spice shop and took a deep inhale, that's it.

The high is superb, Soaring, uplifting and in total control of your mind and body. I smoked this in Fat City the venue of the 420 cup and I was totally oblivous to everyone around me. I was in my own world, reaching for the stars. It might have been better than my second place winning Sour Diesel (Damm) :mad:

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
holy shit curing 2 yrs i have a hard time with 2 weeks but if ya got alot of stash
what the hell right
nice pic's and reports SMOKEY

nycnoob

yeah seriously holy shit...2 years...that sounds really good.. I didnt think that it would still be potent..but hell would i know about 2 year cure buds im too needy.. We will be waiting on more reports.

G

hey smoky good report.
dna stuff is defenetly great,i just came back from the dam about a month ago
and their canalope haze i smoked in dampkrig was deff the best smoke i had out of about 10 strains of ganja and 2 types of bubble in the 9 hours i had(flight connection from india).
about the nevile it is the most superb high there is piriod.im still looking for someone that will capture this high in a faster strain.
also if you dont mind how much do u put inside a spliff? the reason i ask is so many people smoke in diffrent ways it would give a better idea of your expirience.
peace.

G

Thanks all!

Thanks all!

Hello Chuck, Yes I believe it's over two years old. Steve doesn't smoke anything with under a six month cure. He doesn't want to smoke it as an everyday weed only special occations, it's that damm strong.

Zep hello, the whole experiance of 420 was full of taste treats.More to come. Thanks for the props.

Nycnoob, Thanks for the reply. Yes it's still very potent. Steve is a pot snob(like me) after he cures it for a few months he vaccum seals the pot in the jars. Therefore no air exchange occurs and the bud mantains its potence without degregation. Even though it seems hard to do I am smoking some
Sour Bubble from last October. 8 months it's still kicking ass.

kanebosem, Thanks! The real Nevils Haze is all of that. It's the closest thing to a tab of acid. A weak minded person could really trip out on this stuff. You do have to watch out as some coffeeshops do not have Nevills cutting. Well in Amsterdam we don't roll small joints. So I'd say 3/4 to a gram in each joint.

G

looks like a couple tastey treats , have both in my collection... currently workin on some nevilles .... hope they come out like your pics there!

good show smokey, as always!

THC

G

Soma's Amnesia Haze.

Soma's Amnesia Haze.

I had a whole five gram bag of this straight from Soma so no coffeeshop or grower buds of this.

It is neon green with brown pistols and is certainly a pleasure to look at. The taste and smell is fruity like a bowl of fresh fruit. If you go into a large fruit stand and take a deep breath all those flavors come rushing at you but you can't pick one out, thats Amnesia Haze.

The taste is smooth semi-sweet and like fruity semi dry champange. Matter of fact this goes quite right with it.

The high is quite strong, euphofic and visuall. Your perception of colors and distances is distorted. Because of the headyness this strain produces. It doesn't soar like the Nevils Haze but is a deep thought producing strain with no paranoia. This very strain won the first place pize in the breeders division. It's a well liked and a balanced rounded smoking experiance...

G

SPDemon420, Yes a lot of it was very special weed. some like the DNA strains and a lot of the growers strains were given to me to smoke for this report. Your not gonna give me swaag to tell the whole world about. Thanks for stoping by.

Thceasar, Tasty is the word. I didn't want to start my reports on a negitive note. I hope that your two strains were simular to the reports I posted. Thanks!

G

TFD's Pot of Gold.

TFD's Pot of Gold.

I have not smoked many Flying Dutchman strains. I hear that they are first rate in every strain. They have taken the time to stabilize their strains and from what I could tell they've succeeded.

POG is very light green with light brown hues. She’s super resinous and sticky. The smell is WAY skunky and somewhat spicy. It is a totally pleasure to smell as it hits all you smell conductors.

POG is very tasty and favorable, sweet spices come to mind. The high is a 90% sativa high. That's nicely balanced between mostly head with a hint of body. It's very uplifting and a fulfilling smoke. You don't need to ask for more anytime soon. The high is steady, lasts a long time and very potent.

G

nice smokey, and yes the POG is some very good weed, i did a run my first grow and thought damn, and its gonna get better, hasnt gotton much better, Ive always said it has been one of the best ive grown.

CBF

G

hey smokey those strains bring back some stoney cup memories for me, i really loved the amnesia haze that mrs soma had, as u said its balance is its strength and it tasted so rich, i think because he uses guano to feed. I'm using only guano for the most part in my current grow up to this point and am excited to see how they taste...

ur report on the neville's haze was great, i want to try some very badly now u blue-lunged me with all this talk of tripping out while smoking :yummy: going forward i would really like to try some long-term cures, up til now i haven't had a big enough setup to grow enough at once to do that...

don't mean to hijack ur thread but thought u might dig some nug shotz...
First up is my Flu strain, original seeds came from a super dank quap...

taste is fruity and thick, maybe a little candy-like. very crystally strain, makes for some great trim... the high is very strong, close to the strongest i've ever grown. it will put u down for the night for sure, i don't make plans for after i puff it...smokin' some right now...

Next up is a shot of Aghani, unsure which bank but its a great strain...

very spicy strain, good high but not as strong as flu... i find it to be very tasty and fun to roll joints out of...

finally is a very tempermental strain i have called Rescue Me...

extremely nute sensitive til they get pretty big, doesn't stretch much in flower and makes the puffiest calyxes i've ever seen which turn purple at the top...excellent trim plant and it is probably my favorite strain. the taste is light and fruity but the stone is borderline psychedelic has unnerved some friends of mine...improves dramatically when i managed to cure some for a month...i'm going to pick a couple of studly BOG males out from my current BOGglegum/SC99 grow and pollinate her and see if we can make her a little more resilient and easier to grow...

lookin' forward to seeing the hard copy on ur promiscuous indulgence in dank buds, keep it green :canabis:

peace,
phatdaddy :lurk:

G

Onward!!

Onward!!

Hi CBF, thanks for stoping by and giving your imput on POG. I certainly found it one of the best and it gave me much interest in TFD seeds.

Phatdaddy, those strains sound like the bomb. The name Flu is wild, Flu, Flu I got the Flu. Please Rescue Me. I've been smoking too much tonight.

G

DNA's LA Confidential

DNA's LA Confidential

Hello all the guys at DNA gave me some more samples this is one of them. I wish i knew more about it's hertage, but this is what it smoked like.....

Small green bud leaves infused with neon brown pistols. This strain imho has the best smell of all of DNA's strains.(at least the ones they brought). It smells of sweet pine. Like the lightest aroma from a pine cone.

The taste is wonderfully sweet, light and smooth. Like it smells, lite sweet pine.
The high is very potent, with a heady,strong up and lively high. Its very mind numbing. This is certainly one of Amsterdams finest smokes. It's sold in a few Coffeeshops and is one of the most popular strains.

G

Skunk#1 Basic 5.

Skunk#1 Basic 5.

I want to interrupt this thread with a smoke report from something that I didn't smoke in Amsterdam but am smoking right now! Four weeks ago Rez gifted me a nice size branch from his clone Sk#1 Basic 5, or M39. The branch was just cut so it was still wet and needed to be cured. Now after four week it is not only cured but also almost gone.

As you may have heard this is an "old school" strain. Sooo the appearance is very appealing big skunk looking buds. Lots of green and brown leafy (calyx) smoking material. Bag appeal is high.
The smell is again deep funk skunk. Break it open and smells from twenty years ago comes forth. I never thought I'd smell that smell again.

The taste is very refined and smooth and again what comes to mind Skunk. But this is not fruity or sweet or earthy like some skunks. But is very hard to describe. It leaves a slight aftertaste that needs mints and a case of cotton mouth. (Now that's old school isn't it?)

The high is polished well rounded but mostly in the head. It does not have an abundance of body. The high is steady though provoking and somewhat stoney. But doesn't take you out of your comfort zone. Therefore this makes for an excellent daytime weed. I can smoke this all day and not suffer from any cumulative effects.

G

Space Queen

Space Queen

This strain grown by Sativa cup winner Jimmynitz. He brought this to the 420 for us to test out and we certainly did.

It appears light green with strikingly brown pistols.
It smells sweet and citrusy, and very exocite.
Tastes like orange juice. And really light and smooth.

The high is first rate and them some. The high is very ceberal, uplifting and does so with the utmost of power. Most people that smoked it said it was the best smoke in Amsterdam bar none. Me? I happen to think so too. This topped them all and I'll sign my name to that. Look out for this will be the next hype. My next report is of the most potent Indica I smoked in Amsterdam. (What would that be?) Stay tuned...............

G

MK Ultra.

MK Ultra.

I bought this from the coffeeshop Amnesia. I heard so much about it and have interest in growing it. So it was a pleasure to find it on a coffeeshops menu.

MK Ultra is a neon leon green color and not much of any other color. Very delish looking, mucho bag appeal. MK has a slight earthy, musky smell. But it is not overpowering.

The taste again is smooth and very refined. You can smoke this all day and not have the flavor shift or change on you. The high is a very potent indica type that's distracting, enveloping and grabs you by the head for witch you have no defense. But the high is neither narcartic or heavy. It's very much fine smoking weed. My notes tell me it was the best Indica I smoked in Amsterdam in smokability and refinement of the high. There is no dulling or noding effects just a fine long lasting envelopment into your own world.

The famous Dawg is next...........