Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > My attic buildout

Thread Title Search
My attic buildout Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2009, 07:26 PM #1
SpasticGramps
Don't Drone Me, Bro!

SpasticGramps has disabled reputation
My Attic Buildout

The attic is a real pain to get dialed in I think unless you build the house yourself. Which just happens to be my case! Below are some pics of the buildout. The ENTIRE house was framed in with Tech Shield. It's a radiant barrier that radiates 85% of the suns heat. I then blew foam in throughout the ceiling in the attic. This all equals to R60 in the attic and R24 throughout the rest of the house. I live in the deep south and it can be 100 degrees outside and it doesn't get above 80 in the attic with NO A/C yet!! It's beyond awesome. And I'm suspecting that FLIR will have a tough time picking up anything. Here are the pics.

This is a picture from when you walk into the attic door. There are two large rooms. The bathroom, the dry and cure room, and in the back is the veg room.

Picture in the second large room. Bathroom is to the right. To the immediate left is the dry and cure room, and that entry way in the back is the veg room.

The veg room. Notice the dummy walls. It says cool in there too! I could only get half of it in the picture.

Insulation in the dummy walls.

I'll post some more pictures tonight. The sheet rock is up and getting floated and the ventilation system is in.

Attic Buildout
"You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew."
Albert Einstien

"WAR IS A RACKET"
US Marine Corp Major General Smedley Butler
(July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940) Most Decorated Marine at the Time of his Death

Last edited by SpasticGramps; 02-03-2010 at 09:42 AM..
SpasticGramps is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:22 PM #2
PharmaCan

PharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the rough
Damn, Gramps, nice looking set-up!

PC
PharmaCan is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 PM #3
Sam the Caveman
Pimpin witch hoes

Sam the Caveman is a name known to allSam the Caveman is a name known to allSam the Caveman is a name known to allSam the Caveman is a name known to allSam the Caveman is a name known to allSam the Caveman is a name known to allSam the Caveman is a name known to allSam the Caveman is a name known to allSam the Caveman is a name known to allSam the Caveman is a name known to allSam the Caveman is a name known to all
Wow, thats going to be super!

Talk about spending money, dam.
Sam the Caveman is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2009, 08:31 PM #4
Dank-j

Dank-j will become famous soon enoughDank-j will become famous soon enough
No doubt, probably the most thought out attic setup I've seen thus far.

How much was it for that blow-in insulation?
Dank-j is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2009, 09:12 PM #5
Marlo
Wall of Famer

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
TAGGED

Very nice. 80F temps in the summer sounds great for an attic.
Good Luck.

MARLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSPB View Post
The purpose was to metaphorically stack the deck with the best possible hand in the plants corner, so when we simply mimic rain, the plant can go all in.

NSPB Full Life Formula

Marlo is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 PM #6
Spacecadet01

Spacecadet01 will become famous soon enough
thats tight work...ive pulled up a chair for this one!
Spacecadet01 is offline Quote

Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 PM #7
cellardweller

extremely well thought out, Gramps..taggin up for this thread fer certain!
strains, lights, medium?? whatchoo gonna do??

Old 10-14-2009, 11:17 PM #8
madpenguin

madpenguin has a spectacular aura aboutmadpenguin has a spectacular aura aboutmadpenguin has a spectacular aura aboutmadpenguin has a spectacular aura aboutmadpenguin has a spectacular aura about
That is a very nice space you have. I love attic grows. Far superior to anything else as long as you have the money and the know how. That area is going to be oh so easy to control climate in. I envy you.

I rent and already had a finished attic but insulation is poor and it's all plaster and lathing to boot. Must have been fun to do all that from scratch.

That is going to be one bad ass space to grow in.
madpenguin is offline Quote

Old 10-15-2009, 04:42 AM #9
FunkBomb
Power Armor rules

FunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to all
That's starting to look like one great attic for growing. Keep up the good work

-Funk

Bertrand Russell
FunkBomb is offline Quote

Old 10-15-2009, 05:23 AM #10
PharmaCan

PharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the roughPharmaCan is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpenguin View Post
That is a very nice space you have. I love attic grows. Far superior to anything else as long as you have the money and the know how. That area is going to be oh so easy to control climate in. I envy you.

I rent and already had a finished attic but insulation is poor and it's all plaster and lathing to boot. Must have been fun to do all that from scratch.

That is going to be one bad ass space to grow in.
Have you ever thought of lining it with rigid insulation? It wouldn't be all that hard to do and you could take the insulation with you when you leave.

PC
PharmaCan is offline Quote