What's new

G13 Ice Hash

R

Ronley

I just had to make ICE HASH. I have these 2 trees that were growing and growing, and the bottom branches were all harvested, but the upper branches just Strrretched more and more and the buds were not filling out.
As I needed the space and the plants were not improving - I decided to cut them down and make Ice hash.

I remained with 3 large full shoe boxes of Trim, and put that into a bucket, filled the bucket with water and ice and started to mix.
In the picture is just 1 box.

In the begining the mixer kept on getting stuck because the trim kept on getting scaught up in it. But I devised a method with a wooden spoon to keep all the trim leaves away from the mixer

the surface of the water gets very frothy and the hash particles can be seen floating in th froth.

After 45 min of mixing I strained it through a sieve. the Yellow smaller sieve has bigger holes and so the water strained through quickly.

The liquid after being strained

The red strainer has very fine holes. And is actually used for flour, but I found out that it works extremely well making ICE HASH.

I then straind the remaining liquid again this time I used coffee filter bags.

And now I have a wonderful big almost golf sized ball of hash.
It is still wet and I am quite anxious to try it out.
It has a very mild smell that improve in aroma as it dries, but it reminds me of freshly cut grass with a hint of hash smell.

R

Ronley

It is a pity to waste all the trim. It is amazing how much hash you can make from all that trim.

The process is simple enough, requires about an hour. Lots of ice. I used 3 ice trays and 3 plastic ice bags, ( the kind where youfill up this plastic bag with water, it is seperated into little compartments and then you tie the ends shut)
Mix alot, and a fine sieve/gauze to strain the stuff through,
Its a waste not to!!!

R

Ronley

Oh by the way I tried some, Its EXTREMELY good. It was still a bit wet, but i succeeded to get it to burn after a few tries.
In one of the posts someone posted how to dry the stuff quickly. (I need to look at it again.)

UnderTheSun

Hi Ronley

this is one great explanation for how to make ice hash. top class pictures !

I really should start making ice hash from all the unused trim.I think everyone should.

G

Ronley,
you grind it to a powder and re-dry on cardboard/brown paper bag's, right?

that will alleviate the wet'ness and allow for a much better smoke,
not to mention it'll fight mold much betta....'

btw, great method, awesome pictures, top notch thread :D

R

Ronley

Hey Baron, thanks for the tip. And kind words about my method. I will try that next time. alo thanks UTS for stopping by and your kind words also.

Now that it is all dry, it quite hard. Not soft and gooey, or sticky.
If I press it hard then it will crumble into pieces. Should it be like this?

Looking at other peoples ice hash thiers all look soft and sticky. Is hard and crumbly how itusually turns out or is it specific perhaps the strain. Or perhaps my method or that i dod not pop into the mix a bud. I used mainly the leaves and strtchy parts of the buds stems where buds should have formed.

Its effect when smoked is excellent. I just had some and i quite stonned and very light headed.

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
This method is like Bubblebags..just not as refined..but I got to admit a cheap way of doing it...

I find that the higher the contaminant content the less the glands want to bond together...on this run 120 screen and above won't compress and stay together the 45 is like a Tootsie Roll :yummy:

R

Ronley

Ahh I see. I am begining to understand the differences.
What consistancy is the 45? It is soft and gooey or a hard rock that can crumble easily like the 120?

nycnoob

looks great everybody..pack was it after be reruned or you did use the same screen through out...sorry if i dont make sense..like did you do the 73 then reran it with 45 then reran it 25 to get those results..or you did the 73 with just 73 and the 45 with just 45..hope i cleared it up..sorry if i didnt

packn2puff

Veteran
Actually the 25 and 73 were very hard, but compressable..the 45 I compressed about 10hrs earlier then the other stuff...at room temp 75F it is soft and sticky like fresh taffy...the 25 is the hardest and 73 2nd...>120 powdery but not compressable...under the microscope you can really see the difference in quality...the lower three are very clean. :wave:

packn2puff

Veteran
Missed your post nynoob...I made that run with all 7 bags and pulled them out 1 at a time and collected off each screen...I did a second run with just the 220, 160, 120 & 25...which produced another decent yield on the 25..

Here you can see some of the strings from the other bags hanging out...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Those sizes everone talks about, are they holes per square inches or threads ?

R

Ronley

I understand that its the size of the holes, in Micro somethings.
The smaller the no. the smaller the size hole.

Thanks Hoipoi, Its really an easy thing to make. its also fun. The hash is excellent!!!

mauiwowie

Mesh sizes are in microns or micrometers, 1micron = 0.000001 cm (maybe another 0)

I have seive pans with a 25, 75, 100 and 120 micron meshes that I use to make bubble. The 120 and 100 are quite planty and take alot to press. The 25 and 75 are proper full melt bubble and are quite extrodinary.

Although I have to say for yeild/quality to effort ratio making Iso oil is both easier and just as nice. You also get much more of it as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts