What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Humboldtlocals Greenhouses

H

humboldtlocal

Here are my green houses.
This one is 24x40 and has 15 OG clones. They are planted in holes in the ground. Most are 2-3 pounders.

This is another 24x40. It has 14 plants in beds.
All seed strains. Mostly PTWxVIP, HK/BBxGF/P, PTW/GFxGF/P

I do some of my walls with shade cloth to allow more air flow.

I have one more that I still need to take pics of so check back soon.:joint:

zenoonez

Veteran
This is another 24x40. It has 14 plants in beds.
All seed strains. Mostly PTWxVIP, HK/BBxGF/P, PTW/GFxGF/P

Please translate that into english for those of us who still live in places where you go to jail for longer on an ounce than if you beat your wife. I am a newb extraordinaire and trying to understand that is like :wallbash:. Lol. Looks great anyways :) Maybe one day I can run something like that. How in the world do you keep thieves away from something like that? In my neck of the woods they would rip that open and you wouldn't have any plants left lol.

T

tonto

thanks for the greenhouse thread, your other outdoor one was really good and i wanted to know more about your greenhouse.
thanks

H

humboldtlocal

Please translate that into english for those of us who still live in places where you go to jail for longer on an ounce than if you beat your wife. I am a newb extraordinaire and trying to understand that is like :wallbash:. Lol. Looks great anyways :) Maybe one day I can run something like that. How in the world do you keep thieves away from something like that? In my neck of the woods they would rip that open and you wouldn't have any plants left lol.

PTWxVIP is Purple Train Wreck x Vancouver Island Purple
HK/BB x GF/P is Hindu Kush/Blueberry x Garpefruit/Purple
PTW/GF x GF/P is Purple Train Wreck x Grapefruit/Purple

As far as rippers, I don't exactly live down town.

bigbag

Veteran
nice show!im from Van isl,never heard of VIP?heard of purps,purple sk and purple kush.grapefruit does well in ghouses

zenoonez

Veteran
PTWxVIP is Purple Train Wreck x Vancouver Island Purple
HK/BB x GF/P is Hindu Kush/Blueberry x Garpefruit/Purple
PTW/GF x GF/P is Purple Train Wreck x Grapefruit/Purple

As far as rippers, I don't exactly live down town.

Thanks for spelling it out for me :) Well as far as rippers go, rippers are everywhere so just be careful man. Great work and I look forward to seeing more pictures from your program.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
yo humboldt local whats up man.... i have seen your youtube, my youtube is norcalbudz420 i think you've been to my channel too. anyway good work, nice nugs, and stay green bro.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
They look really nice. Nice work for sure. Looking forward to having an outside space myself one day.

I'm not really familiar with greenhouses. Could you tell me what the roof is made of. It looks like some sort of clear/white plastic.

Are they just in long beds? Also do you reuse the soil or swap it out every year. If so what do you do with all the soil. Do you try and reinvigorate it etc...

Might seem like silly questions but I really don't know where to start and this is something I'd like to learn more about.

Also what sort of feedings are you giving them?

Thanks for any questions you can answer and for sharing.

H

humboldtlocal

yo humboldt local whats up man.... i have seen your youtube, my youtube is norcalbudz420 i think you've been to my channel too. anyway good work, nice nugs, and stay green bro.

That is not me on youtube. I have been shooting some video of us trimming with the Twister and I will be posting it soon but it will be under the name humboldtcountylocal. Look for it soon.

I'm not really familiar with greenhouses. Could you tell me what the roof is made of. It looks like some sort of clear/white plastic.

Are they just in long beds? Also do you reuse the soil or swap it out every year. If so what do you do with all the soil. Do you try and reinvigorate it etc...

Also what sort of feedings are you giving them?

The plastic on the roofs is woven poly geenhouse plastic. You can't see through it and it is very strong and can last several years. I like to use this solid white stuff on the walls. It is almost like a plastic milk carton. It comes in 4' wide rolls.
One of my greenhouses has holes in the ground, one has raised beds and one has long trenches.
I feed once a week and water every other day. I try to foliar spray at least 2-3 times a week.

H

headfortrinity

Nice greenhouses you have there, Humboldtlocal and real nice plants. Have you ran any hydro setups in those houses? I'm wanting to try my DIY ebb and grow setup next year but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra trouble when you can get such good results from soil setups.

H

humboldtlocal

Nice greenhouses you have there, Humboldtlocal and real nice plants. Have you ran any hydro setups in those houses? I'm wanting to try my DIY ebb and grow setup next year but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra trouble when you can get such good results from soil setups.

I have never done hydro outside. I used to do a lot of hydro indoor. Rockwool hugos in 4x8 tables. If I was going to do indoor again I would just use dirt. If you are planning a greenhouse dirt is the way to go. Much more forgiving if there is a mistake. I like to keep things simple. I am sold on those smart pots after seeing grows from Butte, Fisher15, Nomaad, Tom Hill. I will be adding a lot of em to my gardens next year. Will probably be building them like Tom and Fisher.