What's new

160w pl-l autoflower grow

Daffy420

Hi guys !

Well about 5 weeks ago i started my grow with a lot of seeds, Auto ak47,
White shark, diesel ryders and some Lowryders 2.

The diesel and shark seeds i got from someone private but all of them didn't sprout.

The ak47 was also not a succes all male (10 out of 10).

So i have 3 lowryders 3 ladies, one is 5,5 weeks the other 4,5.

The other 2 in the front are 1 unkown and one snow white.

I am growing them under a 2 x 80W (2100K) pll lights from duo fluor in a home box XS. Ik use a 120mm outtake PC fan and a 120mm PC fan with a airbeam cover. (thnx to scrubninja for the tip)

The ladies are in Plagron Batmix, and got a tiny bit of Biobizz last night.

Could someone tell me how high the lights should be from the tops ? now i
have the lights at 4 inch from the tops, is this ok ?? The temperature is
27C and Humidity of 42 %

I am wondering would i get bigger buds with a 150W HPS ?? I ask because
i find the buds small for 160W fluorescent.

Ok here are some pics, let me know what you guys think.

p1070188medium.jpg

p1070190medium.jpg

p1070194medium.jpg

p1070191medium.jpg

p1070196medium.jpg

p1070197medium.jpg

p1070200medium.jpg

p1070201medium.jpg

p1070204medium.jpg

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Far out, nice cab, man. :yes: Does the air beam thing actually work like it says?

Is that an automatic fire extinguisher? Daaamn, I really like this cab. I'm still getting used to PLLs so I can't really help! Still, great job man.

Daffy420

@ Scrubninja
Yes it works really like it says ! no question about it.

Yes it is an automatic, it helps me sleep better ;)

For the rest the pll's i hope the buds are going to fatten the next weeks, or next round
1 smash a 150W hps in it.

DKBuddy

i THINK the hps gives more lumen. then it will give u more bud..
but let an expert answer this also hehe

ScrubNinja

Veteran
The HPS would give you way more bud I reckon. That'll kick ass for sure. I say cooltube the 150 and have PLLs on either side :tongue: Very cool about the fan thing - I'll be picking a couple up, cheers.

I dunno if it would help much this late but I would tie wire near the tops and bend them over gently so you can get more of the bud near the lights. LST in other words. Maybe angle the pots as well. If you look in Aerohead's thread I remember some good closeups showing buds + light distance close to his last harvest. I think it was less than 4 inches but check it out to be sure. There would be some pics in D.i.Try's thread too I'm certain.

Daffy420

I wass wondering could i run the 150W hps just like i run the pll's ?

So a 125mm pc fan for outlet ?

I really have no idea about the heat from a 150w hps

ScrubNinja

Veteran
I haven't used HPS but computer fans would totally do the job. I think what you should look at is getting a cooltube for the 150. You have that on it's own path, and then there is a seperate fan/flow to exhaust the grow area (with a carbon filter if needed on this bit). All the heat gets sucked out the glass tube and out before it can penetrate the glass tube. This air doesn't mingle with the smelly grow air, so it doesn't need to be filtered. It's just a big open rush of air right over the bulb. I've felt 400 and 600w cooltubes and they're almost stone cold.

Just FYI, 120mm is the usual pc fan size. :) If you don't know, 150mm round ducting will actually stretch nicely over a 120mm fan once you square it out a bit. Very quick easy ventillation! Just get decent fans.

Leviathan

those plants look a little small but id shoot for ten weeks, i just pulled a low 2 at 68 due to weather and it needed over nine weeks and probally could have used 10+.. so what im saying is your half way done and they might get fatt..good luck

Daffy420

So sorry for the late update.

It has gone great the last week, the oldest lowryder #2 has one week to go
the other 2 weeks.

They smell great !

p1070255.jpg

p1070261.jpg

Daffy420

Harvest

Harvest

So today it wass harvest time :woohoo:. The Lowryders #2 look great and you can really smell the santa maria.

These Pll's really are great for micro so i upgraded the 2 x 80W to a 4 x55w
starlite, really brite :yoinks:.

Next my last LR #2 seeds and some Lowlife AK47.

p1070270medium.jpg

These lights are great, a bit warm but manageable.

Here some pics of the Harvest. :canabis:

p1070279medium.jpg

p1070284medium.jpg

p1070294medium.jpg

gr2b.jpg

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Wow those are some nice colas, looks like PL-L's do penetrate a good bit more than I originally expected. This is good, I am trying for taller colas this round and you just proved it can be done... Thanks, nice work, those buds look top grade!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts