What's new

Sativa research

four seasons

Veteran
I put a few of these on another thread but figured it would probably also be suited here.
Ive collected Cannabis publications sinse my first High Times in 1978.
Some of these are from L. Cherniaks; Book of Cannabis vol2
and Sinse Tips, High Life and High Times.
published in the 1970s.
The Third pictures show a few goodies including the first published picture and report of the true Haze brothers Purple Haze (1977) .

The Trans High Report is from 1975

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice, its like going in a time machine and looking at weeds. thanks for the old school lesson on buds.. good to see the origins

F

feral

the trans high market quotations. Love it. I lived off of High Times ever since I bought my first issue was issue #2. Now days the mag sucks in my opinion.

OrganicMeds

Yeah.....

"White Blotter Acid (Very Potent, Rare) $75 - $125 per 100", WOW, Now where did I put that dam Time Machine!!!!!!!!

four seasons

Veteran
I made this point on another thread.
If you look back and think about it and compare with today you would have to agree that cannabis has become too commercial, sterial and bland. Where is the variety , what happened?
I guess this shift represents the American culture...

C

charlie garcia

thats some of the most beautiful collection of pics of sativas I've ever seen. Thx so much amigo and thx so much for contributing spreading sativa info around. I always felt I was missing lots of interesting sativas which never arrived here. You know first time I knew about seed banks in holland always asked for them and wondered where the sativas had gone. Is been long since then. I never smoke indicas so this is the sweetest view to me

Thanks for enriching this room and showing info about sativas
Wish wish wish ;)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank for that! Might spur me to go up in the attic and go thru my own collection!
But nah, you got us covered, nice job!

I haven't bought a HT's in yr's. For about 10 yrs. I only bought the Cannabis Cup issue, til that became a complete farce. :frown:

After Operation Green Merchant, they were never the same. I kept supporting them, but once these canna internet sites took off, it was "see ya later"!

four seasons

Veteran
Through these market reports from around 78 through 89 you can see the fall of the "top shelf" exotic import market and the rise of the domestic market side by side.

Through these market reports from around 78 through 89 you can see the fall of the "top shelf" exotic import market and the rise of the domestic market side by side.
In 1992 after Operation Green Merchant, The American Cannabis market slowly evolved into a more controlled three grade market tier.
With the change of the markets came changes in the venacular and the way the culture is identified.
The old terms like Sensi,Chiba, Columbo, Reds,Gold ,Stick,etc... coined in the sixties and seventies by a loose generation gave way to terms coined by the next generation.

1 "REGS" or "regular" bottom barrel mass produced Mexican or Columbian,produced for a mass market. Usually of decent sativa stock which is usually poorly grown and handled. This mass produced smoke is usualy not properly dried or cured.This is then followed by compression for shiping and then stored for who knows how long under what kind of conditions. (not the Medicine I want)

2 "MIDS" or Middle grade. Usually poorly selected Indica dominate Indica Sativa hybrids that are probably most likely grown in greenhouses. These bland nugs are usually dried, shipped and stored with better care. This Greenhouse Industry is huge in Mexico right now trying to compete with the Canadian so called BC bud market . The Mexican Cartels are Pumping out tons of these Greenhouse mids filling the American demand for bland buds that might look and maybe, but not always, smoke a little better then Regs.

3"KIND" Killer, Chronic, etc.... Thousands of names and strains for this one. Basicaly high grade domestic This market is growing but may never dominate because it is cost prohibitive. If the prices stay at 250 - 500 $ per ounce then it will never dominate the market.
We will always have poor regs and bland mids as the dominate force in the market if Prohibition stays afloat.

Peace

four seasons

Veteran
I realize I have double posted this thread and I hope there is no problem with that. I know this is a huge website with so many places to navigate. Thought I would try and share with as many as possible.
Peace

Ganja baba

Veteran
great thread here , i am buzzing from these pictures , i would give any thing to have these strains again ,

just a thought , if you have the means my friend , could you scan the whole book and turn it into a file we can look through , i would even buy a copy from you my friend , or give you free sonic seeds as a trade , of course i am not open trading i would send them to admin first ,

these books are great treasures , i would love to see a section on icmag where people have scanned there old books and we coul;d look through them like a library ....

again thanks for the pics ...

sonic

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
I understand the reasoning behind it, but find it very funny every generation has the best weed ever and if you weren't there you just don't get it.

Great little read, even if they were hating on California's first sensi batches. I love me some sativa goodness.

ʇǝɥodɹPuʍouʞuU

four seasons

Veteran
Ganga Baba, I am sorry but I think that might be considered copyright infringement.
It would be great but Im not sure.
Thanks