What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Vintage Cannabis photography

four seasons

Veteran
This beautiful book was published in 1976.
Ill try and post some or all of the 100 pages.
I need to find a better way to photo the pages without bending the binder when I put it under a scanner.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

album.php
picture.php

Cool we have this same catalogue :D

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannaboy's old UK Cultivation manual:

picture.php

the price on the back cover is 1.00 (one pound) :D

,, obviously good people made this edition available :canabis:

F

feral

my only 2 both written by Dr. Alexander Sumach THC
Grow your own stone is from '73
A treasury of Hashish is from '76

four seasons

Veteran
Docleaf and Feral you have some nice rare books. Very nice. I wish I had them in my collection. Thanks for sharing.
Feral I have never seen the Hashish book you posted . Can you please describe the Hashish book. Where was it published? Any photos?

These are the oldest photos of Cannabis I can find. I have researched evrywhere ,found many lithographs and prints but no photos older than these.
Ill post more of the Semsimellia book soon.
Thanks all

1907,1919 and 1931

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice ^^ fs,Doc,feral :yes:
This drawing must be quite old... :)

002-13.jpg

F

feral

heres the info on the hashish book.
A Treasury of Hashish by Dr. Alexander Sumach THC
first printing 1976 by Stoneworks publishing company in Toronto.
Now for some photos of the inside, Enjoy!!! (click on each image to enlarge)

F

feral

four seasons, I got this off of Amazon.com. I saw a few others on their as well. I was able to snag this for 15.00 usd and its the first printing. I saw a couple on there go as high as 80 some dollars. I esp. want to hit some old bookstores and see what I might find. Looking for the first 2-3 years of High Times when I started smoking and buying the mag. Those were the days.

Raco is that Clarkes Hashish book? I have that as well.Read bits and pieces and want to do a cover to cover read in the cold winter months when I can curl up with a good bowl of weed and my cat and enjoy it.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice, everyone! :D:yes:

Here's an old one that has no info on it. What's #1 & 2? :confused:

It was the only MJ photo in 'The Cultivator's Handbook of Marijuana' by Bill Drake, 1970. Everything else was illustrated.

picture.php

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
feral,
yes,Hashish!...enjoy,I purchased it in 1999

Highlighter,
"hemp" female and male ,if I don´t remember bad :D

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would certainly appear so Raco! :biglaugh: Would like to know the date is all. EDITlol, I was just thumbing through an old 'Sinsemillia Tips' and came across it! Pictured is Lyster Hoxie Dewey, Beltsville Maryland, taken for the 1913 USDA Yearbook.

That photo would appear a yr. later, 1971, in William Daniel Drake Jr's 'The Connoisseur's Handbook of Marijuana.'
Yes, the same author, but w/ a big-time publisher.
Here's a few pics from that:
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
F

feral

hmmmm...........seems that Drake, and Sumach used a lot of the same pics back then which is understandable since there was no internet/google. Wonder where they got them from (?).

F

feral

Pictured is Lyser Hoxie Dewey, Beltsville Maryland, taken for the 1913 USDA Yearbook.
that explains a lot for me. I grew up about a stones throw from there. It sits right outside the U of Md. College Park campus and there was a LOT of wooded areas back then when we were teens and occasionally we would come across a couple patches in the deep woods that we referred to as ditch weed. Looked good but never got ya high just gave ya a serious headache.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, ferel! :D

Lyster Hoxie Dewey (1865–1944) was an American botanist, born in Cambridge, Michigan In 1888, he graduated from Michigan Agricultural College where, for the next two years, he taught botany. He was an assistant botanist of the United States Department of Agriculture from 1890 to 1902 and thereafter botanist in charge of fibre investigations. In 1911, he was the U.S. representative to the International Fibre Congress in Surabaya, Java. His publications comprised bulletins of the United States Department of Agriculture on the production of fibre from flax, hemp, sisal, and manila plants; on the classification and origin of the varieties of cotton; and also investigations on grasses and troublesome weeds.