What's new

strip exif data

darkhollo

There are some solutions/tweaks for making sure all jpgs that are uploaded are stripped of all exif data. This topic comes up quite often in the security forum and I was wondering what if anything could be done about it.

I have looked on google and there are others talking about it using vBulletin so it's possible. Just an idea to throw out there. I know all users are the main defense in personal security, but it might not be bad to have a small safety net.

Especially with all these cell phones that are geotagging pics. Holy shit is that scary. "hey my grow is RIGHT HERE, x marks the spot"

--dh

darkhollo

Well that's a good one to know. I just have seen the topic so often in the Security&Legal forum I assumed (like others) that it isn't stripped.

I will bring this up / inform others as well. But better safe than sorry with your personal pics.

Thanks.
--dh

Skip

Veteran
I did follow this up as someone reported exif still exists in the Old Gallery on the images themselves (but not in our database). So ppl should check their images. You can download them and see if the exif info is still there, then load it back to our forum albums to strip it out.

Note: You will lose any images in posts that you move!

You might also check your camera(s) to see what info is recorded there. You should delete any personal info unless you worry about losing the camera. Then you should resize images in a program that strips out the exif info.

Latest posts

Latest posts