What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what parts of my male do i use to make cannabutter

Smiler

None, males are only useful for making beans or torturing, you could try it, you may get a little buzz but it may not be worth all that effort.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Male cannabis plants don't contain THC. If you could get THC from male plants, people would be smoking their male plants . . .

0p0rat0r

I've made it using the whole plant, except for the roots, just in case there was any thc and other compounds in it. Can't hurt.

spencer77804

thanks 0p0rator... how did you go about breaking down the stalks an such. obviously this is my first time doing this, just trying to figure out how im going to do this before i chop the plant down ya know.

spencer77804

all this negotivity is making me question if i should even make cannabutter. obviously a female would have more thc! the question at hand is,, will my cannabutter from a male get me high?

GrüneErd

man i've smoked my males before and it was severely disappointing and not worth the trimming/drying time. i'm refering to the clusters of pollen sacks and stems thereabouts.

yes it'll get you high.
but not like weed. more like you smoked a cigarette/black and mild too fast.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
I don't think anyone in the world can answer that, without knowing more about you and your tolerances and biological makeup.

I'm gonna go with No, it won't get you high, but the processing and making of it will probably kill some time till you can grow some girls or buy some green. Seriously though, I know people who've smoked male plants, lol, and they got headaches without a buzz . . .

How old is this male plant of yours?

Yes, you can do it.

A more mature male and a good strain are going to make a more potent batch than a younger or lesser quality male but why not try rather than just throw it away?

I have never made butter from a male but I have made ISO extractions that did get me high when I had no other medicine.

I chop a couple inches above the soil and use everything.

Just do it.

MMAJAY

all this negotivity is making me question if i should even make cannabutter. obviously a female would have more thc! the question at hand is,, will my cannabutter from a male get me high?
Unless you have a pound of male plant , i seriously doubt you will catch a buzz on some brownies. Smoke it and see what happens. If you think the buzz was suficient for you go ahead and make butter. I dont want to sound negative but really unless you have some trim you were going to use anyways i would say add it because you have nothing to loose. In this case you will lose your time and butter. Once every blue moon do you find a male worth smokeing or makeing edibles.

0p0rat0r

I would go ahead and try it. You've got nothing to lose but you could gain a nice batch of butter. Just break the plant apart any way you want to. It doesn't even need to be chopped up fine or anything although it may be better absorbed if you spend some time cutting it up. Throw it all in the pot cook it for a couple hours and try it.

I've smoked males before and they gave me a buzz. It's not anywhere near as good as smoking females at least the males I've tried but they did have some effects on me. The thing is with butter when you extract from a male what was not very powerful to smoke gets concentrated in making the butter provided you've got things in proportion. I've made butter from material most people would throw out and it gets me plenty high.

Actually I'll even add something else to this, I've made very potent butter from using just vegging females fan leaves. There were barely any visible trichomes. I wasn't expecting much so I tried to use alot of plant material in a smaller amount of butter. I made them into cookies and let me tell you they were very strong. I think this is the fastest way to get high if you're in a rush for some reason.

spencer77804

iight perfect thanx guys. im gunna make it sunday. and ill take pics of the process and let everyone know how it went. i am very optomistic so wish me luck!

L

LolaGal

It ain't gonna do ya no good to try it.

If you must, leave off the stems and just use the leaves.

There ain't no use using the stems. No THC in the stems of a male plant fo sho!

0p0rat0r

I don't want to ruffle any feathers here but of those who are nay sayers I'm curious how many of you have actually tried it?

thunderpig

I recently made butter with about 4 males. I took my fingers and stripped all of the leaves/pollensacks off of every branch just used those in my butter.

Ended up with about two pounds (wet) of plant material. Threw a pound of it in a double boiler for 2 hrs with four sticks of butter. Strained with cheesecloth and threw it in the fridge.

I made about a dozen and a half cookies from one stick of the butter. End product was weak (expected) but there was a slight buzz felt. More of a prolonging buzz if anything. Smoke a jay then eat a cookie or two for a pleasant evening. The cookies seem to prolong/deepen the smoke's high.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I have tried this, years ago, not worth the time mostly. However, some males can get you quite high, breeding quality males should have a good kick, or else why would you use them. If you heat it to 325 for five minutes, before you do the butter, your results could be significantly better.

Latest posts

Latest posts