Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > SOIL vs COCO?

Thread Title Search
Click for Perfect Grower Nutrients
SOIL vs COCO? Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 04:32 AM #31

What do you guys think would be the ideal coco mix?? Sorry so many questions...Peace

F1

Old 09-12-2005, 04:53 AM #32
Mercer
HBizzle!...Kushaholics Anonymous!

Mercer is on a distinguished road
Coco sounds pretty nifty.

If it's mixed with hydroton how often should you be watering?

I was reading up on the krusty bucket system and krusty said that he is going to go to a coco/hydroton mix and will be flooding 2/3 times a day.

Coco coir sounds great though, I think I'm going to give it a try myself and see, that's the only real way to find out anyways.

Thanks for the info, keep it coming. ciao
Mercer is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 AM #33
melon
Banned

melon is on a distinguished road
Hello, how often would you say to water the plants ( if i want to handwater them )
melon is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2008, 03:47 AM #34
joesy whales

joesy whales is a survivorjoesy whales is a survivorjoesy whales is a survivorjoesy whales is a survivorjoesy whales is a survivorjoesy whales is a survivorjoesy whales is a survivorjoesy whales is a survivorjoesy whales is a survivorjoesy whales is a survivorjoesy whales is a survivor
there is no set pattern on watering. theres simply to many variables, how hot in your grow room , size of pots or bags, size of plants, humidity level. I use stright coco in 1 gl gro bags, after vegging in beer cups for 1 to 2 weeks I transplant into the grow bags and throw them into flower, I usally water them every other day for 2 to 3 weeks, then onse a day after that, usally about once a week I skip a watering to let things dry out good. all hand watered using canna A&B nutes. with a 2 week flush at the end. I will never go back to soil as long as I can get coco. I also find coco holds nutes very well and you don't need to feed as much as they tell you. twice a week is plenty.
joesy whales is online now Quote

Old 10-08-2008, 12:38 PM #35
Lean Green
Operating Outside the Law

Lean Green has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by melon
Hello, how often would you say to water the plants ( if i want to handwater them )
You should go to the coco sub-forum and do some reading. There is a lot of info in it.
Lean Green is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2008, 04:39 PM #36
krushonkush

wow old thread,huh?
hey melon start here handwater coco thread good luck!
coco FTW!

Old 10-08-2008, 04:41 PM #37
Cozy Amnesia

What mix of soil and coco is best? Hmm...
One part coco and...nothing else!

Lol, 3 years ago: "coco seems pretty nifty"

Last edited by Cozy Amnesia; 10-08-2008 at 04:42 PM..

Old 10-08-2008, 04:44 PM #38
Maj.PotHead
End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!

Maj.PotHead has much to be proud ofMaj.PotHead has much to be proud ofMaj.PotHead has much to be proud ofMaj.PotHead has much to be proud ofMaj.PotHead has much to be proud ofMaj.PotHead has much to be proud ofMaj.PotHead has much to be proud ofMaj.PotHead has much to be proud ofMaj.PotHead has much to be proud ofMaj.PotHead has much to be proud ofMaj.PotHead has much to be proud of
water everyday weather stright coco or coco/perlite mix coco depends on the exchange of oxygen in the medium and only way to achieve this is watering everyday.

later in flower you may need to water twice a day, i water my veggers once a day from 3x3x3 inch squares to 2 liter bottels to even 1 gal bags. but as was mentioned coco section has alot of info

im still new to coco i dont use a ph meter i use GH 3 part flora series

yepper thats correct no ph meter but i understand what my waters ph is and what my ferts do to it and what i must do to obtain desired ph level.
U.S. State By State Laws on our hobby http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4516

Beneficial Insects
http://homeharvest.com/beneins.htm
ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=40637
sick plant ??? https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688 <-- mynamestitch's work

Informative threads by I.M. Boggled https://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php?searchid=7549167

PotHeads BunKer 2011
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=202387
Maj.PotHead is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 PM #39
Oscuridad
Traveling Man

Oscuridad will become famous soon enough
You liked CocoCan, right joesy? That or Bcuzz are the choices around here.. probably gonna end up ordering some Canna nutes from afar.

1 gallon pots sounds like what we'd be doing too.. we're trying to do a SOG type setup, transferring cuts from a 7day veg in a bubbler into the coco, this should be no problem I assume?

would 1 gallon pots be packed side by side or would that be a waste of coco/water? seems like people grow some awful big plants in 2 gallon coco pots.. well the plan here is no LST/etc.

trying to figure out whether drippers or handwatering would be better.. and how important it is to have the runoff freely drain away (versus having the pots sit in it on the ground.. maybe hydroton in the bottom of pots?)
drippers seem like they might use too much water... sourcing any more RO than we currently do would make my head spin.

great thread, glad it was bumped..
thanks for any help

be careful when you fight the monsters ;
lest you become one . . . .

// PROPAGANDA 2010 //
Oscuridad is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2008, 07:57 PM #40
Cozy Amnesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.PotHead
yepper thats correct no ph meter but i understand what my waters ph is and what my ferts do to it and what i must do to obtain desired ph level.
Just get a pH water test kit for aquariums for a couple of bucks.