Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > The Exodus Collective: History of UK Cheese

Thread Title Search
Visit Dark Heart Nursery for Cannabis Clones
The Exodus Collective: History of UK Cheese Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 10:05 PM #21
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
im sure there is a post in the UK Clone Only thread from the guy who grew the sensi sk1, kept and named the cheese cut and gifted it to exodus. Good story that rang of the truth to me. Can anyone find it?? - i cant

i have a cheese vegging up that is going into flower in the next few weeks - can't wait to grow this legendary cut out. Cant all be just hype - many people pay a premium for cheese buds and keep going back for more...

V.

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab, Organic soil, 44W LED. (Bubba S1 project)

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

Old 08-04-2009, 10:13 PM #22
Big Beans
Beans Means Highns

Big Beans will become famous soon enoughBig Beans will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJ View Post
Bear in mind the average UK smoker doesnt have anywhere near the range of genetics you have access to.

That, and the fact that Cheese seems to keep that trademark funk, even if grown poorly and not dried/cured properly, could account for the hype.
Exactly - For the 1st 3 years of my smoking life 98% of what I smoked was soap, as that was all there was available to me.
Soap is gangster hash, with added bonus shampoo, shit, oil, plastic, oh yeah some more plastic, hmm now a bit of cellophane, McDonalds kids toy - warm it up, here you go £10 an eighth, the gak on your lungs is free.

Its hard to imagine the dire situation we have in the UK, for people in sunny lands whose lives are very different.
SOME pepole here are in the know for sure and can get the worlds best offeringss of hash and bud, but the rest and its a big rest get whatever they can. Most of our commercially grown green bud or skunk as most call it here, is getting mixed with ground glass, sugar, etc anything to up the profits.

So yeah if you get an eighth with no glass, no plastic and it smells of cheese? - Well then fuck yeah bring it on.
Oriental Express (BillyGoat)
Black Rose
Blue Power
White Diesel
Big Beans is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:24 PM #23
kopite

Quote:
As for the seedstock, it's quite likely that Sunlight Systems in Leicester were the supplier, rather than Sensi direct - SS were trying to trademark 'Skunk #1' and other names a long time ago - possibly as a front for Sensi, but possibly not.
it was acquired via Sensi coffeeshop in amsterdam along with Silver Peal and something else from memory...

Vgreen, I believe it was of the hill that got it to them....

Old 08-05-2009, 08:42 AM #24
Dalaihempy

There is much better growing in the uk than sk1 called cheese fact is the dams is only a short trip for you lot and for a while now you guys could get any commercial seed line in house and like any person in any part of the world now days to control what you smoke you need to do it your self.

The uk like most uropen countrys have come a long way from the days of only smokeing hash.

Sorry guys but if were going to be honest here thats the facts.

I would love for any one to show me this plant growing in there space fact is no one has to date and this is the picture of the sk1 plant called cheese first posted at CW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ch11_119_1_.jpg (54.7 KB, 335 views)

Old 08-05-2009, 10:04 AM #25
DocLeaf
procreationist

DocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud of
Nice post Hempy

Btw.. that is Queijo / Hothouseflowers photo of ,, a bunch of cut Cheese branches. Hope this helps.

Peace n love

!!! DANGER GLASS WEED THREAD !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42251

FRITILLARY SEEDS ...

https://www.seedboutique.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=86
REGULAR ORGANIC SEEDS FOR ORGANIC GROWERS !!

DocLeaf is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2009, 04:34 PM #26
Elevator Man
Mentor

Elevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to allElevator Man is a name known to all
I haven't even seen soap bar in over five years - all the hash I get hold of is top-notch - Black Afghani (later today probably), 'Obama' Morrocan, occasionally hand-rolled Maroc balls from Ketama. The hash scene is vastly better (in terms of quality) than at any time I've ever known in 25 years. And as for access to genetics, all I've done is bought a few packs of seeds, incrossed them, and started swapping.
The UK probably has more strains per square mile than anywhere else in Europe, so I wouldn't say it was dire, really. I don't consider myself an 'elite' anything, and just get stuck in and talk to people...
Elevator Man is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2009, 04:59 PM #27
Blue

More hype about an ok strain... Jesus are we all turning into Americans where hype is king and the product is a second?? I don’t wish to offend any US growers but you do hype strains to stupid proportions, not all of you mind some know the plant for what it is a plant and not a money making tool or a trinket to hold above others heads as if to say I'm better then you as I have this OG lobster diesel white Kush clone.

In brum we were getting Cheese in the early to mid 90's as I recall even then it was only an ok as we had access to far better stuff like choccy Thai & lambs bread.

As Doc, Dali & elevator have all said there is better out there put some work in your self and you will find these phenos... also pollen chuck like your life depends on it this way you will get bad ass erb.... rather then running around after clones that are supposed elites that turn out to be no better then a $20 pack from Mandala......

One love jah bless
Blue

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:34 PM #28
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
More hype about an ok strain... Jesus are we all turning into Americans where hype is king and the product is a second?? ...

i think the point is about UK Cheese, and the way it has been distributed in gift form, is that it is a symbol of so much. For me, i see it as a rite of passage to grow out the cheese, an initiation into a collective of like minded people that are prepared to put themselves out there and perpetuate the great tradition of donating the cut to others - as well as a leap of faith on my part to actually trust that someone would do something for nothing with no strings attached. quite an eye opener for me.
I certainly expect it to be a decent smoke but i will be surprised if it is my "holy grail" - even just thinking about my vegging cheese plants puts a smile on my face and makes me feel like i am following in the footsteps of many others who have taken matters into their own hands and decided to sort out their own supply of quality meds.

cheese is hope for us all, a reminder that the love of the rave scene didnt stop when you left the dancefloor - long live the cheese!

V.

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab, Organic soil, 44W LED. (Bubba S1 project)

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow with custom HG LED (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:11 PM #29
DocLeaf
procreationist

DocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud ofDocLeaf has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
The UK probably has more strains per square mile than anywhere else in Europe
Hehe,, I was arguing (stupidly boasting) this fact in chat the other day with Mopple (who knows his stuff ),, it went over the most chat users heads. Think they thought I was drunk..lol

Statistics show that France and some place like Denmark smokes the most dope based on pie-charts of 'people per pipe' or something..lol,, but anyone on road in the UK knows that the scene is rampant,, from underage hoodies to OAPs,, we all do it,, just check the number of growshops in ya hood in comparison to other places in the EU

Our guess-ti-mation is that the UK comes 3rd/4th only to the USA (and perhaps Canada) on the overgrowing side of things indoor,, per sq. yard still not as condensed as NL... but more widespread. Spain and the new EU zones now hold the edge on outdoor (polytunnel) crops - which make bigger harvests and feed more mouths in erbs

Not to say that I don't still love my Viking and Italian brethren/sistren who are proven spearheads in the ganja-revolution and heavy smokers! They've just perfected the art already so they need to smoke less to get the best effects. In this respect the UK still has a lot to learn from dem

!!! DANGER GLASS WEED THREAD !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42251

FRITILLARY SEEDS ...

https://www.seedboutique.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=86
REGULAR ORGANIC SEEDS FOR ORGANIC GROWERS !!

DocLeaf is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2009, 10:59 PM #30
daddy fingaz
Land racer not a gene defacer!

daddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura aboutdaddy fingaz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdantGreen View Post
i think the point is about UK Cheese, and the way it has been distributed in gift form, is that it is a symbol of so much. For me, i see it as a rite of passage to grow out the cheese, an initiation into a collective of like minded people that are prepared to put themselves out there and perpetuate the great tradition of donating the cut to others
cheese is hope for us all, a reminder that the love of the rave scene didnt stop when you left the dancefloor - long live the cheese!
V.
This is wot its about!

LGA

For a government to declare a vice to be a crime, and to punish it as such, is an attempt to falsify the very nature of things. It is as absurd as it would be to declare truth to be falsehood, or falsehood truth.
daddy fingaz is offline Quote