Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > The Exodus Collective: History of UK Cheese

Thread Title Search    
Buy Cannabis Seeds
 The Exodus Collective: History of UK Cheese Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #31
Moppel
Grower for Life

Moppel has a reputation beyond reputeMoppel has a reputation beyond reputeMoppel has a reputation beyond reputeMoppel has a reputation beyond reputeMoppel has a reputation beyond reputeMoppel has a reputation beyond reputeMoppel has a reputation beyond reputeMoppel has a reputation beyond reputeMoppel has a reputation beyond reputeMoppel has a reputation beyond reputeMoppel has a reputation beyond repute
let me jump in here.....

France , Danmark AND Spain might have a lot of puffers. But most of em are smoking crappy hash. There are offcourse dudes that buy the high grade stuff, but most dont. And they sure arent smoking high grade bud.

Offcourse the people who grow their own , and the people around them get to smoke high grade bud.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #32
DoubleJ

DoubleJ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy fingaz View Post
Exodus VS Babylon :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0-WeW3r48A

some info on the original collective !
Very inspiring videos.

As a 21 year old, I find it a great shame my generation in the UK doesnt know about any kind of anti-establishment activism. Any spirit British youth had has been sucked out of (most) of us by a diet of reality tv and fast food.

And what a fucking arsehole that Tory twat was!
DoubleJ jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #33
Big Beans
Beans Means Highns

Big Beans has a spectacular aura aboutBig Beans has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleJ View Post
Very inspiring videos.

As a 21 year old, I find it a great shame my generation in the UK doesnt know about any kind of anti-establishment activism. Any spirit British youth had has been sucked out of (most) of us by a diet of reality tv and fast food.

And what a fucking arsehole that Tory twat was!

Trust me - the spirit is alive and well. If you want to work for the greater good and get active there are protest sites to live on, activist camps, meeting places in cities.

I am lucky to know many people that have literally given their lives to the cause, I lived on a protest site a few years ago, (Babylon trying to quarry an ancient British site) and we WON - yep it does work.

The camp was there 8 or was it 9 years. We sat those fuckers out so they couldn't drive their JCBs on the land and start quarrying. We built treehouses, dug tunnels and put up massive spiderwebs of walkways in the trees. - I'll see if I can dig out some plotos.
If you like climbing or adventure, or sticking it to Babylon, they're the place to be, and in the autumn oh the magic mushrooms.
Oriental Express (BillyGoat)
Black Rose
Blue Power
White Diesel
Big Beans jest offline   Quote

Old 08-06-2009, 12:22 AM   #34
Big Beans
Beans Means Highns

Some pics from a British Protest camp

I lived in one of these benders

Animal rights activist refuses to use horse

My friend went off to Manchester for the weekend and left his candle on

Black Rose
Blue Power
White Diesel

Old 08-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #35
Big Beans
Beans Means Highns

One of the defenses
The idea was if the bailifs come you run to the trees or walkways or stick your hand in a lockon.
It costs them a lot of money to remove people from caravans suspended by polyProp
It is the cost that kept them from ever coming.

Our fresh water source

Another defense / house, Yup a few nutters lived in these full time - I couldnt as first thing in the morning when I needed a crap I'd have to put on a harness and abseil down a tree, not too comfortable

Actually we're really rather a well read bunch

One of the walkways with a net - Can you see the 2 people in it?

Black Rose
Blue Power
White Diesel

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:31 AM   #36
Elevator Man
Mentor

Elevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivor
Is that Nine Ladies? Ah - memories...!

I never stayed on the camp, but I certainly spent a few long nights down the circle over the years throwing some of Sam's dice...
Elevator Man jest offline   Quote

Old 08-06-2009, 03:35 AM   #37
Raco
secretion engineer

Raco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivorRaco is a survivor
Cool pics ^ hehe
I´ve smoked Cheese grown outdoors in Spain and liked it.it´s a very nice skunk hands down

Old 08-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #38
Big Beans
Beans Means Highns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Is that Nine Ladies? Ah - memories...!

I never stayed on the camp, but I certainly spent a few long nights down the circle over the years throwing some of Sam's dice...

Yep it's the nine ladies. Haven't been up there for years but talking about it is giving me itchy feet.

And mid Sept is a great time to visit for mushies
Black Rose
Blue Power
White Diesel

Old 08-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #39
Elevator Man
Mentor

Elevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivorElevator Man is a survivor
Well, that was always part of the appeal...along with a few other similar haunts in the area. I always liked the stone watchtower on the edge of the plateau - a very strange and wonderful place...
Elevator Man jest offline   Quote

Old 08-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #40
ChaosCatalunya
Costa del Cheese :)

ChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocLeaf View Post
Btw ,, sunlight systems was just a fledgling of 21st Century Gardens, N. London

Also,, if ONE man dem lay claim pon Skunk #1 it's SAM the Skunkman!

(he's a mod. here folks so pls show some credit / respect / mindfulness)

Like it or loath it,, 'Cheese' is here to stay I reckon,,

It's "old-school ,, like a real pair of hippies flares" [chester p]
Sunlight Systems were open in Leicester for a while, then the "London" shop in Stratford opened min 1 year before 21st C G were thought about, let alone open, I got 21CG's owner his first ever crop of clones and told him what to do with them and remember it very clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdantGreen View Post
im sure there is a post in the UK Clone Only thread from the guy who grew the sensi sk1, kept and named the cheese cut and gifted it to exodus. Good story that rang of the truth to me. Can anyone find it?? - i cant

i have a cheese vegging up that is going into flower in the next few weeks - can't wait to grow this legendary cut out. Cant all be just hype - many people pay a premium for cheese buds and keep going back for more...

V.
Yes, VG, I am sure I [and several others] have posted it ages ago, it really had the smell of truth about it with zero BS. Cheese was just a codeword for the ultra stinky SK1 plant, a lucky result as they only bothered keeping one cut out of 2 cheap Sensi seeds packs they bought, happily it was the freak.

I personally think the hype is justified, a great tasting smoke that everybody I met raves about, always the first bag to empty, the only one to be hoarded, etc.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:00 AM   #41
Londinium
GRN&PLSNT URBN-TRCHMLGST

Londinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to behold
As far as The Fromage goes I think its a great little Skunk and an excellent free-gift and still grow a few here and there although I'm more a Psycho fan meself. But It isn't my fave Skunk ever or even close to it,all my best Skunks were bought and selected from SensiSeed's in Dam or were later filial generations of Sam's seed's handed down to me by Elder's(my best ever Skunk was Orange Skelter which was a Sk1 x CaliO male BX'ed to a Sk1 lady,I would swap every other Sk1 I've ever tried..including Cheese and ISS for a cut of that now)
E.M. I grew a pack out of that Skunk3 from Sunlight along with most of their strains and I found it to be a slightly more Sativa option than their Skunk1(which was very quick for a skunk,very OrangeBud looking and had a Mongy buzz) but Sk3 was a crappy yeilder and was pretty much a sweet,up kinda skunk but nothing special or distinctive like cheese. I think their Sk1 was the more Roadkill of the 2 but nothing to write home about either...Sensi's stuff was way,way better in every respect at the time....Although I was a big fan of the NL(Stocky and Stinky and Piney/sweet) we got from Sunlight and their SuperSkunk(fruity and huge buds) and SkunkHaze(Got excellent Stud male from that but no Girl to keep) both had Rockin' pheno's too! A couple of their strains were appalling and hay-like as well if I remember rightly but they were cheap so not complaining!!!!
I remember the Stratford Sunlight being around b4 21st CG as well and the Leicester Sunlight deffo pre-dated 21st CG by a good while,selling mostly Lights originally from what I recall....
I shopped intermittently at both for a while(was too paranoid then to return to same shops too quickly!lol).But the shop I miss most was TropicalHouseCultivation in Camberwell(not the other T.H.C that had a shop in Midlands). It was in a small terraced house behind the Hospital and had a Sunflower picture in the window that was the only way to find it as it had no signs etc.....The fella there used to give me such good prices it was almost silly and he'd source almost anything u wanted that he didn't stock...He used to get me an Orchid Grow-media called Goldenwool from Denmark that was hands down my favorite media,it was 2 diff grades of RW with Clay and Lignite to buffer the PH and stop loose fibers...Marvellous stuff!
He carried on doing phone orders and meets for a year or so after the shop closed in the mid 90's but I lost touch after a while to my regret...Anyone remember that place at all,I think they advertised in Viz for a little while as well??? Luck and Lumens JBo
I am going to under-take a journey to Hashish-land,and if you will
come with me,I will open you the gates of Paradise".

We are changing,we have got to change,and we can no more help it,
than leaves can help going yellow and falling in autumn.

It is possible to HATE The Tree...But LOVE The Fruit
I'm a BELIEVER in SATIVA

Londinium jest offline   Quote

Old 08-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #42
ChaosCatalunya
Costa del Cheese :)

ChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivorChaosCatalunya is a survivor
LOL Yes, I remember THC in Camberwell, well.... A nice but mad Hippie in a squat on Southwell rd undercutting everybody else, but partly by using the cheapest bits around... my mate/mentor back then really did not approve and I got moaned at for buying 'rubbish that needed fixing'...... I was there when w****** were coming in griefing him for kit playing up and felt very sorry for him, he was trying to sort out people as cheaply as possible for all the right reasons, but was selling kit to some shady sorts who were earning thousands with it. I seem to remember he was the first person to sell Blooom nutrient, a powder called Eco Grow IIRC, ah, the memories, VIZ changed my life, I spotted Sunlight Systems adverts there first :-)

Old 08-07-2009, 09:54 AM   #43
DocLeaf
procreationist

DocLeaf is a survivorDocLeaf is a survivorDocLeaf is a survivorDocLeaf is a survivorDocLeaf is a survivorDocLeaf is a survivorDocLeaf is a survivorDocLeaf is a survivorDocLeaf is a survivorDocLeaf is a survivorDocLeaf is a survivor
Love the treehouse photos

ChaosCatalunya and Londinium

We used both shops as kids,, always thought sunlight came slightly later,,, could be wrong,, have been before These are the oldest catalogues from each shop I could find:

peace n love

!!! DANGER GLASS WEED THREAD !!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42251

FRITILLARY SEEDS ...

https://www.seedboutique.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=86
REGULAR ORGANIC SEEDS FOR ORGANIC GROWERS !!

DocLeaf jest offline   Quote

Old 08-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #44
Londinium
GRN&PLSNT URBN-TRCHMLGST

Londinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to beholdLondinium is a splendid one to behold
Wow they r a blast from the past,thanks for making me feel old again Doc lol! Oh! The memories.......
Chaos I thought u might remember them....Yeah he was deffo trying to do the right thing but a little lost at THC, but I used to get what I wanted ordered usually as He did sell some cheap crap as standard...but as u say he was the first place I got various products as he would go out of his way to source stuff for me(None of the other shops did for me then,they just forced u onto the products they earnt most from!)...He probably sorted me out bcos he dealt with so many others that were Hot and Dodgy at the time!
I would often go up to Midlands for any bulk buys back then though as the shops North of Watford were always cheaper and less Hot back then.
Luck and Lumens Jbo
I am going to under-take a journey to Hashish-land,and if you will
come with me,I will open you the gates of Paradise".

We are changing,we have got to change,and we can no more help it,
than leaves can help going yellow and falling in autumn.

It is possible to HATE The Tree...But LOVE The Fruit
I'm a BELIEVER in SATIVA

Londinium jest offline   Quote

Old 08-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #45
ojd
CONNOISSEUR GENETICS

ojd is a survivorojd is a survivorojd is a survivorojd is a survivorojd is a survivorojd is a survivorojd is a survivorojd is a survivorojd is a survivorojd is a survivorojd is a survivor
man this is mad

21st centurt gardens was my first growshop i bought from 98 i think
north london to the fullest

this is 1 small world

chaos
what was the cuts you give the 21st century guys
do you also know the peng cut also the rumple and the rino(these are around the area)

nice pics doc
peace

Last edited by ojd; 08-07-2009 at 05:14 PM..
ojd jest offline   Quote