in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Worldwide Cannabis Guide > Brick Weed - How it's made

Thread Title Search †
Click for Hydro Grow LEDs!
†Brick Weed - How it's made Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 08:25 PM † #1
Moldy Dreads
Banned

Moldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant future
Brick Weed - How it's made

I found an interesting article from an Argentinian Canna Magazine that details the trip of a journalist to a huge Paraguayan plantation. He added photos and descriptions of how the "weed" is harvested and handled/pressed. Apparently they are trying to say that no ammonia is added at the point of pressing, the actual wet weed that rots in the bricks, in the hot sun and the resulting mold is what causes the formation of ammonia and that nasty ammonia smell..
I'm still skeptical about some of the bricks I've seen tho, I wonder if some do add the ammonia or if it really all natural, you decide -

Ghetto presses- Note how they hollow out part of the tree to use a jack to press down on the wood! The old man also mentions that he lets the buds dry for a couple days to retain the aroma, but most greedy farmers press it wet for weight and that's what causes the nitrogen to form ammonia byproducts as the bricks rot..

At one point they say the smaller ones are a hybrid of some sort and the tall ones are "Brazilian" genetics..
Moldy Dreads jest offline Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 08:28 PM † #2
pounds

pounds is on a distinguished road
I personally think its the rotting buds that produces that smell.
pounds jest offline Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 08:30 PM † #3
Aeroguerilla
Iím Godís solider, devilís apostle

Aeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivor
brick weed is weed that has been compressed with trash compactors for easy shipment. by the time it reaches the states im sure its months old and thats why it dont smell as good. gets u fucked up tho... ever keep a bag of sour d for over a year? then take it out an smell it... im talking like a qt oz. when u take it out, it will smell like mids. brick weed is just old compressed weed. any weed sits around long enough it will smell like mids
Aeroguerilla jest offline Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 08:40 PM † #4
pounds

pounds is on a distinguished road
brick weed will get you fucked up no doubt! thats why they sell sooooo much of it in the usa. $300 a lb in my area wholesale lol
pounds jest offline Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 08:49 PM † #5
Moldy Dreads
Banned

Moldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant futureMoldy Dreads has a brilliant future
Quote:
brick weed is weed that has been compressed with trash compactors for easy shipment. by the time it reaches the states im sure its months old and thats why it dont smell as good. gets u fucked up tho... ever keep a bag of sour d for over a year? then take it out an smell it... im talking like a qt oz. when u take it out, it will smell like mids. brick weed is just old compressed weed. any weed sits around long enough it will smell like mids
It's way worse than old weed, the brick weed from Paraguay is pressed mostly wet, dripping wet, then it rots and turns black and stinks of ammonia, and is still wet when you try to break it up, truly disgusting. Regular brick weed is like Ripple Wine, and this wet brick weed is like pruno, BIG difference LOL jk.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 PM † #6
Julian
Canna Consultant

Julian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud of
Ammonia smell is due to Anaerobic bacteria. Ammonia is not added.

Actually, pressing an art.....(how dry, when to, how much compression, etc). Sure many have seen absolutely beautiful product and absolutely horrid. If done right way, time it sits is actually a good cure. (ie:? If not too tight, if dry enough, right time, size of package, etc.....)

(most of the "brick" I see is nicely done seedless NL, AK's, c99's, etc, etc, low compression, good dry, etc, and such from Mexican border)
It is said of the wild goose that it calls to it's comrades whenever it finds food; this is the symbol of peace and concord in good fortune. A man does not want to keep his good luck for himself only, but is ready to share it with others.

A sage who has put the world behind him and who in spirit has already withdrawn from life, may under certain circumstances,decide to return once more to the here and now and to approach other men. This means great good fortune for the men whom he teaches and helps. And for him this greathearted humbling of himself is blameless.

Henry David Thoreau:Gardening is civil and social, but it wants the vigor and freedom of the forest and the outlaw.
Julian jest offline Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 09:34 PM † #7
dkmonk

dkmonk is just really nicedkmonk is just really nicedkmonk is just really nicedkmonk is just really nice
Julian you must be real close to the border to see those strains, up in the mid west we get good bricked, but it is 90% mexican sative, which I still do enjoy the good batches, but wish i could get some bricked strains like nl, c99, and ak.
dkmonk jest offline Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 09:40 PM † #8
Moldy Dreads
Banned

Quote:
Actually, pressing an art.....(how dry, when to, how much compression, etc). Sure many have seen absolutely beautiful product and absolutely horrid. If done right way, time it sits is actually a good cure. (ie:? If not too tight, if dry enough, right time, size of package, etc.....)

(most of the "brick" I see is nicely done seedless NL, AK's, c99's, etc, etc, low compression, good dry, etc, and such from Mexican border)

Exactly. Most Americans have never seen the disgusting brick that South Americans are forced to live with. The shit is actually black, wet and stinks and makes your eyes water like ammonia, really nasty stuff. The brick I see here in socal is amazing compared to that crap, some is even green and like Julian said, many are from US bred seeds..Paraguayan brick is truly disgusting..

Old 07-29-2009, 09:46 PM † #9
MtnKuSh
Banned

MtnKuSh will become famous soon enoughMtnKuSh will become famous soon enough
THIS IS THE FIRST I EVER HURD OF SOME1 THINKING THEY ADD AMMONIA TO WEED.. if your any kinda weed grower,smoker etc one should no that if buds are still wet or just not fully dry that when you put the weed in a bag with no air that they will get an ammonia smell..come on people alittle CS goes along way. most nuggs from brick are pretty decent from the start..but then they get compressed and sit in humid,dry rooms etc for months at a time turning the weed to a shitty dirty ammonia smelling schwag ditch weed.
MtnKuSh jest offline Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 PM † #10
Greyskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldy Dreads View Post
many are from US bred seeds..Paraguayan brick is truly disgusting..
cough... cough... reeferman... cough ...cough

Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 PM † #11
Julian
Canna Consultant

Julian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud ofJulian has much to be proud of
Nah, but spend/have spent a lot of time over last 25yrs down there, so.....

Worldwide routes and number of farms misunderstood......people tend to make blanket statements.....it's quite possible, Mexico alone has......fuck......300,000 farms alone...

Lot of different things, different ops operating simultaneously....and, quite a few take not only take their operations serious, but their product as well.....

Different things flowing from many sources in different quantities....sometimes the entire crops and batches from any one go to a single group, etc, etc....(ie: Best stuff rarely makes it out into the open...it's taken (already spoken for) even before it's ready)

Lot of superior product being produced in many places, areas....but, as with anything, anytime...best stuff goes either to A. The longest term buyers, B. to who pays the most, C. To a single source it was made for to begin with.......(ie: You have groups who own a piece of ops, specifically for their supply...investors, partners,and on and on and on and on....ie:fuck, give me 2MM right now and I'll set one up and guarantee you 50 tons of SSH per year for $800 per unit (or we split net).... and on and on...........

Not to mention (and, people should listen but never do.......), the only reason inferior exists is because someone took it...ie: That's the game...you want to unload the worst first, and you sit on the nicest for your special people, etc.......(eventually, they don't even bother to show you the shit.....but once you take the shit....well, guess what your going to be getting from then on first ...

Lot of angles to it.....
It is said of the wild goose that it calls to it's comrades whenever it finds food; this is the symbol of peace and concord in good fortune. A man does not want to keep his good luck for himself only, but is ready to share it with others.

A sage who has put the world behind him and who in spirit has already withdrawn from life, may under certain circumstances,decide to return once more to the here and now and to approach other men. This means great good fortune for the men whom he teaches and helps. And for him this greathearted humbling of himself is blameless.

Henry David Thoreau:Gardening is civil and social, but it wants the vigor and freedom of the forest and the outlaw.

Last edited by Julian; 07-29-2009 at 10:03 PM..
Julian jest offline Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 10:13 PM † #12
MMAJAY
When in doubt , choke em out.

MMAJAY will become famous soon enough
A very good percentage of brick we get here in the south is most often seedy and quality is very good most of the time. There is a large hispanic population here and prices are between 900-1200 bux a LB. At one time i used to pick up a QP every week to dispence amongst close friends and maybe 1 time did i get shit that i took back. I would say 90% of the brick in NC comes from mexico via the general population who lives here. Weekly you hear on the news of hispanics getting busted with large amounts of bud as well as coke. Between grows some decent squeezed green will get you threw in a pinch. They squeeze that brick in any way they can to smuggle the largest amount of bud possible in kilo bricks or larger bricks. You would be surprised how small they can squeeze a 20 lb brick. The buzz is always there but the taste , smell , freshness and potency will never compare to all the sticky well cured bud we all have grown to enjoy.
MMAJAY jest offline Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 10:22 PM † #13
MtnKuSh
Banned

MtnKuSh will become famous soon enoughMtnKuSh will become famous soon enough
900-1200 lb for schwag..? im lucky if its more then $400lb year round here and quality is from piss poor to pretty decent green skunky mids and still 400lb
MtnKuSh jest offline Quote

Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 PM † #14
Aeroguerilla
Iím Godís solider, devilís apostle

Aeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivorAeroguerilla is a survivor
Quote:
900-1200 lb for schwag..? im lucky if its more then $400lb year round here and quality is from piss poor to pretty decent green skunky mids and still 400lb
400lb? we lucky if we see em for a g round my parts, load up the tractor trailer mang will double up lol
Aeroguerilla jest offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:36 PM † #15
Moldy Dreads
Banned

Quote:
THIS IS THE FIRST I EVER HURD OF SOME1 THINKING THEY ADD AMMONIA TO WEED.. if your any kinda weed grower,smoker etc one should no that if buds are still wet or just not fully dry that when you put the weed in a bag with no air that they will get an ammonia smell..come on people alittle CS goes along way. most nuggs from brick are pretty decent from the start..but then they get compressed and sit in humid,dry rooms etc for months at a time turning the weed to a shitty dirty ammonia smelling schwag ditch weed.
If you can't understand Spanish to read the article and have never been to S. America, you are clueless man, seriously. The author himself went to do the article based on the common notion or "myth" in South America that the shit has ammonia added to cross borders etc..Brick down there is not the same as brick here, down in Paraguay, like the article states, the bricks are wet, black and smell way different than "old" brick weed that was made from buds that were semi-dry. The bricks discussed in the article, and the 20 different bricks I saw a couple months ago while down there were far different from bricks in the USA. They were black, wet and smelled so foul your eyes water. You just have never seen that nasty crap, or you too would swear it was dipped in engine oil with ammonia..