in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Dog the "Bud" Hunter

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Dog the "Bud" Hunter Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2009, 04:08 AM #1
Dr Dog
Sharks have a week dedicated to me

Dr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud of
Dog the "Bud" Hunter

OK

Been a while since I had a thread. I have a grow going that is a little on the large side.

I wont really get into specifics, but here are some stats.

30 600 W Vertical lights.
2 400 W MH
Multiple Floros.
here are what I am using to feed them.

I got a bunch of clones,, that were in some sad shape. Romulan x timewarp
It took alot of work to get them to stay alive

A couple weeks later

Beginning of flower

A little later on

Some new pics in a bout a week

Medicinal Marijuana Advocate
Dr Dog is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:20 AM #2
PiffGuru

PiffGuru is on a distinguished road
I must say nice grow and wow thats alot of watts ur usin there, and not to knock ur grow or anything because the plants look great and u obviously have alot of experience... But what is the logic behind why your placing the lights vertically so high above the plants, seems like a waste of the potential of the lights, and second question why do you have them in such an open area? Seems like it would be even worse for the already unfocused lights.

Yes I do enjoy discussing and posting pictures about blatantly fictitious events that were easily found on the internet.. -Disclaimer-
PiffGuru is offline Quote

Old 07-26-2009, 04:24 AM #3
Dr Dog

Dr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud ofDr Dog has much to be proud of
Thanks for your comments Piff

I have the lights vertical, without reflectors, because I have heat issues right now. I have the large area, because I am not running full capacity right now, I am only at bout 60 %

There are other things in that room that are not shown, so it just appears bigger than it actually is

Dr Dog is offline Quote

Old 07-26-2009, 04:28 AM #4
issack

issack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud of
Reflection, light dispersion, and maximizing light density to it's fullest potential is what makes huge buds and big yields.. That's what makes paying the electric bill worth it..

I love your efforts and drive to go big.. but bro... you need to maximize the light you are using..

Old 07-26-2009, 04:31 AM #5
Dr Dog

appreciate your concern

Thanks for stopping in, The pictures do not do it justice, it is quite light in there. I wear uvb glasses while I am in there

Dr Dog is offline Quote

Old 07-26-2009, 04:36 AM #6
issack

issack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud ofissack has much to be proud of
lol.. i bet you do... I swear i have lost some of my eyesight from HPS... haha

I'm watching this thread.. I look forward to the end result.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:36 AM #7
PiffGuru

well what I was thinking is if you spread out the plants and lowered the lights to the middle of the plants you would get alot more usage of the light.

Yes I do enjoy discussing and posting pictures about blatantly fictitious events that were easily found on the internet.. -Disclaimer-

Old 07-26-2009, 04:40 AM #8
issack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiffGuru View Post
well what I was thinking is if you spread out the plants and lowered the lights to the middle of the plants you would get alot more usage of the light.

good point.. or. cut the lights in half on the next grow and focus on light density and reflectors.. I bet you get a bigger harvest from the weight it produces.. Sometimes less is better than more.. just something to ponder while you have heat issues

Old 07-26-2009, 04:46 AM #9
DiscoBiscuit
weed fiend

DiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant future
So that really is you in yer avatar? I had my suspicions.

DiscoBiscuit is offline Quote

Old 07-26-2009, 04:46 AM #10
PiffGuru

And on that note.. Are your heat issues from the local climate, or because there r so many lights... Either way ill be watchin to see how they turn out GL