What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thyphoon and Dieselryder. It's Dödsknark

Dödsknark

Welcome. This is an outdoor event.

Me and a friend have a totally illegal cannabis operation. We grow and then we and our friends will smoke. No money made and still it's considered worse than raping the girl next door. Cuz drugs kill.

Anyway, we grow Thyphoons and Dieselryder and it's our first outdoorgrow ever. The Thyphoons have been bred in Denmark for a couple of decades and should finish before frost here. We have very long days and early frost so getting strains to finish up here is a common problem. An opportunity appeared and we got to try the autoflowering genes of the Dieselryders as well.

The Thy's were germed indoors and planted outdoors in mid april, just barely out of the peatpellets. The grow is all organic with cow, horse and chickenshit. We also pee alot around them and have made alot of nettletea.

The Dieselryders were planted later and we got 5 females and 7 males. All males but one have been killed and the fattest, fastest one have been placed together with the, by far, biggest female to produce some beans for next year. All the Thyphoon-females have been pollinated in their early flowering by an exceptionally early and vigorous male. The males have since been killed and we are now hoping for some swelling buds.

So... Without further adoo or whatever it's called, I present the Dödsknark grow. You'll probably get tired of all the pics but I just got a new camera so bare with me please. :)

First up is the Thy male that has pollinated all our Thy ladies.

picture.php

Next up is a plant that i suspect might be a nepal. We germed a couple of nepal-beans but most of them were culled due to the fast Thyphoons. Thisone however is a nice, big bushy plant. She goes by the name "Fatty". Much shorter and bushier than the rest. She is also lighter in color.

picture.php

Here's the stem of a plant I accidentally topped. Pinched too hard...

picture.php

Here we have Thy that seems to be growing a really big maincola. And I know you all love those! We have 2 or 3 more of that phenotype.

picture.php

We tied one plant down because of paranoia/security issues. No idea how it will affect yield. Here are a couple of pics of that plant. It is our biggest and fastest girl.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Trichomes are starting to show.

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a runt. Why do they exist? Well, it's a female so she lives...

picture.php

Here's the Dieselryder girls that will not be pollinated. No idea when they were planted.

picture.php

Here's the happy couple of Dieselryders. I hope they will make good parents. They are both the fastest and the lady is bigger than everything else.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is what we found on our way there.

picture.php

I will try to keep this thread updated with pictures of their progress. I believe they have 2 months+ until harvest. Thanks for watching and be nice to eachother.

petard2.gif

Dödsknark

All our Thys except the runt are well into flowering. It's our first grow but all our ladies are looking goodand early. I believe this strain has been bred really well for our climate.

Koi

Awesome man, I am so jealous of your grow spot.
They seem to get sun all day. Mine get to much shadow from the trees surrounding them. :(
I can't wait to get to see your plants when they have become ripe.
It looks like the plants will give you a pretty big yield.

This one is subscribed.

dyr

ICMag Donor
WOW beautiful pics and plants, which latitude are you on? and when did you start your Thyphoons?

Dödsknark

Hey.

Thanks for dropping in.

Koi: Thanks! Yeah, I'm lucky with the growspot. I hope your right and that the all day sun will give a heavy harvest. We need it... Sick of smoking crap hash. Hope you didn't get those heavy rains at your location. Some insane raining lately.

Dyr: Thank you! I think I'm between 55 and 56 latitude. I germed the Thy's in early April and they were then put directly outside under clear plastic drinking cups.

We are hoping that they will swell a bit now that all males are gone. We need the seeds but still want some smoke so our plan was to pollinate the ladies in early flower and then let them produce some unpollinated calyxes after killing the males.

Koi

Sounds good.
I bet you will get some nice buds from each plant. I would say around 25-50g

No, I got lucky and just had a few sporadic rain falls. The plants didn't seem to mind it anyhow.
They have grown quite substantially the last week. I just came back from the spot.
Tho' none of the Thyphoons or AF-plants have reached your stage yet (Well maybe that pathetic Swestar plant I got).

I am not sure if the seed producing idea will work as you have planned. To some degree it will, but as you may know pollen can still be fertile for months. So if it is lying around the plants in the grass, or on a leaf or something it can pollinate the pistills much later.

That's probably why males always flower before the girls.
And not at the same time.

Good luck brother!

Dödsknark

Keeps raining all the time here. I'm a bit worried about the dieselryders. The drainage in their pots is far from optimal.

Haven't been to the spot but will go there on wednesday.

Here's a pic. One of the bigger fanleaves.

picture.php

Now smoke one!

Peace!

Koi

Poke some extra holes in the pots then.
It shouldn't stress them if you are careful and handle them without too much pressure/shaking.

Dödsknark

Thanks Koi. I've already done that but seems the soil is keeping too much of the water. Oh well. I'll hope for sun and perhaps try to cover the soil with some plastic or such.

Nik Dynosaur

Hello my friend, D.

Your plants are amazing!!! i've wanted to grow that thyphoon for a good while now, and your beautiful ladies don't help my cravings ;)

i wanted to ask you, though, what are those red berries that you found and photographed? They look either delicious or dangerous to eat....

i hope you have a potent and bountiful harvest.

lordbudly

Veteran
Hello my friend, D.

Your plants are amazing!!! i've wanted to grow that thyphoon for a good while now, and your beautiful ladies don't help my cravings ;)

i wanted to ask you, though, what are those red berries that you found and photographed? They look either delicious or dangerous to eat....

i hope you have a potent and bountiful harvest.

raspberrys dude :D

Dödsknark

Hehe yeah it´s raspberries. Now that you mention it, it does kinda look like they are growing on the weeds. There's a ton of them around the spot. Makes for tasty munchies, that's for sure!

Picture update will come this wednesday unless it rains too much.

Dödsknark

Hello good people

We had more rains and some heavy winds so I decided to go out there a day earlier. Do you remember the topped plant?

picture.php

It looked like this today.

picture.php

picture.php

Felt a bit sad but then decided to go macgyver on her ass. Came out like this.

picture.php

picture.php

Hope it works out. Some lower branches were broken on other plants but that's no problem. Would only have been popcorn anyway.

Here are some more shots from today. Feel free to post pics of your outdoor grows! I love watching grows. Who doesn't?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is some of what we feed them.

picture.php

Good grows to ya all!

Dödsknark

Hey,

Didn't go out there yesterday as it was raining. Big surprise. Now I probably can't get there til Sunday. I'm anxious to see how Macgyver is doing. Really hope for the best as it was one of the bigger ones.

Questions, comments or whatever; feel free to post em!

But I DID say picture update right? Well here goes.

My old grows. 6 or 7 years ago.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dödsknark

Heya.

Macgyver is doing fine and the dieselryder-male is starting to drop pollen. Will pollinate some branches on the 3 best dieselryder girls next time I get out there.

The biggest girl has started smelling really sweet. Can't quite put my finger on it yet but it's really good. Still got that smell after sticking my face in the buds 2 hours ago. Sweetness. Too bad she is FULL of seeds. The rest of the plants have some seeds but not that much. Probably cuz she was the earliest one.