What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Potato Peeler Season

G

Its almost here!

Its a lot of work dealing with curing bud and i just dont have the time to try and make hash from my shade leaves and bud trimmings. Ive tried a couple of times and its just too labor intensive, especially when you have pounds of leaf material. But on the other hand, I want to cry when i watch those glistening trichs hit the ground. Ive just spent the entire summer working to get trichs and it doesnt fair logically to throw them away.

Well, If you're like me then i would recommend the trusty potatoe peeler as an alternative. The PP applied to leaves and buds will scrape up a marble sized resin bugger that will choke a rat in short order. One good sized plant will provide a big chunk of glands. If you went over several plants you can have a good take.

Scrape and wipe, scrape and wipe. 1 potatoe peeler, 1 small piece of waxed paper and a trich covered plant is all one needs.

You can come back 2 weeks later and do it again. Milk her like a cow is my advice, the trichs are replaced.

The PP also does a good job of scarring those tender little cuttings for clones also, especially if you were born with 10 thumbs like me.

I guess you could do it indoors as well. Happy collecting

lordbudly

Veteran
mm potato peeler? to me that just spells many ripped leaves some decapitated plants and maybe even 10 injured thumbs! (dont worry bro your not alone:laughing:) :fsu:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Hmmmmm, good idea! Much better than the old world traditional method using a bare hand, maybe I'll try this myself.

G

It works BC. Hold the fan in your hand, scrape and off they come. It adds up pretty quick, but it gives you some idea what it would be like to produce hashish in some of the countries for a living. Hard

lordbudly, you have to use your hand as a back support or it will tear them. I tape a piece of wax paper to my arm and after several scrapes i wipe it on the wax paper.

Latest posts

Latest posts