Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > National and Other Language Forums > Scotland > outdoor in Scotland ??

Thread Title Search    
Click for Medman's Genetics
 outdoor in Scotland ?? Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #466
JGP

JGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinweedgi View Post
nice 1 jgp im tempted to get a packet
It's a good strain m8, one of the few strains that I've grown that I would recommend to others growing outside at our high lats.I just hope this new batch is as good as the old batch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ALu_7h6THo

Last edited by JGP; 02-14-2012 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: add link
JGP jest offline   Quote

Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #467
JGP

JGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to beholdJGP is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket high View Post
Looks like i might have overlooked this strain going by the description they give ... Manitoba Meds is another that i think would do ok in Scotland .

It'll be good seeing something pure Canadian finishing in sunny Scotland good luck with them
It's one of the only strains I've grown that actually lives up to the description, and no I ain't on commission
I've heard good things about MM aswell m8, not seen any seeds for sale though, defo worth a bash if you can find any.I've got a pack of Guerrilla Gold to try this year also, hopefully I can find something early and potent. goodluck to you too
JGP jest offline   Quote

Old 02-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #468
JGP

Seeing as it was such a nice day today, I decided to take my m8 for long walk I visited one of my plots and took some lime with me to knock the Ph up as it's slightly acidic, I also gave it a quick fork over Snapped a few pics along the way.The third pic is a new site we discovered.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00033.jpg   DSC00039.jpg   DSC00041.jpg  
JGP jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #469
rocket high

rocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud of
Nice spotting work JGP. It looks like a nice area to grow in is your collie a working dog or just a pet ?

I threw my excess blood 'n' bone, lime , sulpher , nitrogen onto a pile of someone's garden dumping's - the soil looks OK but i amended it further in November so that's giving it 5 mths to break down .. im gonna mix it with bagged compost so i don't fry them when they are young.

Updates here for 2011/2012 outdoor
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....44#post4542144

rocket high jest offline   Quote

Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #470
JGP

He's a family pet m8 I just take him out for walkies whenever I can, he came from a farm when he was wee, he seems to enjoy being a house dog, don't think he misses those smelly farm yards much.

That homemade compost sounds good rocket, your plants will love you for it
JGP jest offline   Quote

Old 02-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #471
SilverSurfer_OG
Living Organic Soil...

SilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond repute
Hey have you blokes heard of Sepp Holzer?

He is a master permaculturist and uses rocks, water and natural micro-climates (that he has helped create) to grow amazing crops 2000 metres abovr sea level in Austrian alps.

Granted he will get on average a better summer but his techniques are useful in any cold temperate environment.

Because he only uses natural materials what you need is often close by.

Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...37896615994763

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4LPT...feature=relmfu

Dr. Richard Lindzen MIT "Controlling carbon is a bureaucrat's dream. If you control carbon, you control life."

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - Martin L.King Jr

Terra Preta Dark Soil Experiment

Recycled Organic Living Soil

Organic Fanatics Australia
SilverSurfer_OG jest offline   Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #472
rocket high

rocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud ofrocket high has much to be proud of
Found this on one of my searches and thought it might be of use to the OD growers of Scotland .

http://www.macaulay.ac.uk/explorescotland/soils1.html

Old 02-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #473
hairyscotsman

hairyscotsman is on a distinguished road
just thought i would pop in and say hello..This is the first time logged onto here for 6 years!!lol/...This outdoor bug has got me man!
Recognise a few names from ***** so here is all the best for the coming months.
Im up at lat 56 and growing timewarp,fresian dew,typhoon and guerilla grape. My mate and i are looking to take some cuttings and sex the plants before planting as well as putting in a few clones.
Will be varied sites from riverbank to woods to hedgerows and am currently turning sites over and adding lime/rockdust/ffb and compost at the mo.Making up a big compost pile with horse manure and various seaweeds.
As this will be my first outdoor grow as opposed to inside i have no expectations and will be try and plant different strains at each locations and hopefully get a better idea come autumn!
hairyscotsman jest offline   Quote

Old 02-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #474
JGP

Hello Hairy welcome back to ICmag,
JGP jest offline   Quote

Old 02-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #475
hairyscotsman

hairyscotsman is on a distinguished road
Thanks JGP...Rocket High i tcant pm here i dont think till i get to 50 posts. I tried to pm you in ***** but it says you cant receive messages???:
hairyscotsman jest offline   Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #476
smokinweedgi

smokinweedgi has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinweedgi has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinweedgi has a spectacular aura about
weathers good for this time a year ,the seasons r a changin , less than 2 months till the first of the seeds get germed hope u r all ready for it be safe smokinweedgi
smokinweedgi jest offline   Quote

Old 03-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #477
Guest1298

hi there folks i live in the highlands what strain would you recomend for our scottish climate??

Old 03-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #478
rocket high

Anything from HFH, Canadian strains ,a couple of Female Seeds strains ...there is quite a lot of northern genetics out there ...ask Hoots im sure he's in the Highlands too, Im further south so it might make a difference by region with what strains are best.

If you look back further in this thread you'll get a good idea what will work and what won' t .

Old 03-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #479
SilverSurfer_OG
Living Organic Soil...

SilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond reputeSilverSurfer_OG has a reputation beyond repute
I have grown in the Highlands. You need a very early start in a greenhouse plus an early flowering strain or you will end up flowering into november... this is because of the extra daylight. Even a plastic bottle with the end cut off is a good mini greenhouse to get thrpugh early spring.

Dr. Richard Lindzen MIT "Controlling carbon is a bureaucrat's dream. If you control carbon, you control life."

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - Martin L.King Jr

Terra Preta Dark Soil Experiment

Recycled Organic Living Soil

Organic Fanatics Australia
SilverSurfer_OG jest offline   Quote

Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #480
rocket high

Well ive finally chosen my outdoor line up .... they're germinating right now
Recycled soil (baked) is the medium for the first few wees of their lives then it's directly outside for the last week in April,
Some are my cross's going out again to see if i can get more out of them others are re-works of my cross's so i'll be eager to see what i get from them

Here's the line up as it stands

10X GGxDP #1 f2

10X GGxDP #2 f2

5X (B3/N7xE) x HP2 f2

5X FON

5X AAH f1xf1

5X Brownsuper 07 x (Txp/HP2)

5X (Scottish X HP2) X Killer Skunk

No doubt more will be added later on ... What do you think of the line up so far ?