Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > International Forums > Scotland > outdoor in Scotland ??

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Open Source Steel for your Extraction needs
outdoor in Scotland ?? Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 03:13 PM #311
rocket high

rocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nice
Yep the enclosure is gone Gaius ..it was just too small for my Grand Master plan lol

You should make those little enclosures like me, i also take my trims from my haircut and scatter it around and piss near them as well i think its keeping the dear away but i better not speak too soon .. its the slugs that are giving me grief right now but im getting there but i'll never win the slug war lol.

Updates here for 2011/2012 outdoor
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....44#post4542144

rocket high is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:58 PM #312
JGP

JGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by esbe View Post
wow bro, remember these simple beercan blockers are good agains the damn slugs.

put two together for an almost slugfree plant, here is only one, less protected
These should be standard issue seeing our country is plaqued with KILLERslugs.Nextyear deffo.
JGP is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:42 PM #313
scotsman

scotsman is on a distinguished road
I was trimming all the popcorn off on the build up to my last crop and decide
f--- it and planted 3 into a pot beside my patio doors, all but 1 survived the
last 8 weeks and last night i decided to just stick it in a pot and put it into
my vegging tent and today its looking not to bad..

Widow was the strain......not a bad yield and a great stone..
scotsman is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2011, 02:05 AM #314
JGP

JGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the roughJGP is a jewel in the rough
Hi scotsman and welcome to ICMag, I love WhiteWidow myself lovely smoke, goodluck growing it.

Pic of 2 RDofn X HFH Scottish.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01113.jpg
JGP is online now Quote

Old 06-23-2011, 05:05 PM #315
rocket high

rocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nicerocket high is just really nice
Yep welcome Scotsman ... good luck with they WW's, its been really poor weather for any plant out there at the moment .... where's the summer went to i don't know.

@ JGP

Those RD/ofn x Scottish look really solid ... your well on your way now ,look's like the weather hasn't slowed them much so that's a good sign they can be worked with in our Quest.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:19 PM #316
rocket high

Hi guy's

Here's a update from today.
I was dreading going down because i haven't been down for two weeks due to work commitments.
The deer have gotten comfortable while i was gone and ate most of the plants without cages.(note to self ) make cages for all plants in future...lol

Its also been raining for 2 weeks with the odd bit of sunshine so the growth has been slow to say the least but the survivors look ok for now.

I have my first males showing on the Auto's and the other females are flowering already i wasn't wanting them to flower this quick when they are so small but you cant hold back nature can you ...

here's the pics : Autos first

normal strains

as you can see the caged ones are fine but the others have been randomly eaten by deer .... this should be a lesson to anyone with deer near their grow, i should have known better but my short cuts have ruined about 10 plants ....my bad lol

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:41 PM #317
JGP

Looking good Rocket m8 your lucky to have such a graceful creature watching over your grow.
JGP is online now Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 AM #318
gaiusmarius
IC Janitor in Training

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
ahh man sorry to see your deer are just as hungry as mine... lets hope the rest of the make it. i am not expecting my last Frisian to still be there next time i get to go. with any luck the clones will be left alone as they have been so far. anyway lets hope we both get a couple of months of fine weather to finish our plants well. i think we both learned this year that all plants need fencing next season lol.

peace and good growings man
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 07:37 AM #319
Claude Hopper
Old Skool Rulz

Claude Hopper is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Hopper is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Hopper is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Hopper is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Hopper is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Hopper is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Hopper is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Hopper is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Hopper is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Hopper is a glorious beacon of lightClaude Hopper is a glorious beacon of light
Love the wild flowers and hawks.

I hope you get some warm dry days soon. The plants look good, just hungry for some heat.

Does anybody ever try a heat trap? Something like a small stone or dirt embankment behind the plants to help catch and hold heat?

I've grown eggplant in old tires for the extra heat and it truly helps.

Ace is the Place

Old Grows:Hybrids From Hell Hashplant and Hashplant2 2. Vertigo & Pandora
Claude Hopper is offline Quote

Old 06-27-2011, 05:54 PM #320
rocket high

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGP View Post
Looking good Rocket m8 your lucky to have such a graceful creature watching over your grow.
Indeed JGP they are very beautiful birds .... but boy can they make some noise if need be.
Ive watched a couple of fights between the birds of pray and seagulls ... seems the seagulls aint scared of nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiusmarius View Post
ahh man sorry to see your deer are just as hungry as mine... lets hope the rest of the make it. i am not expecting my last Frisian to still be there next time i get to go. with any luck the clones will be left alone as they have been so far. anyway lets hope we both get a couple of months of fine weather to finish our plants well. i think we both learned this year that all plants need fencing next season lol.

peace and good growings man
Im angry at myself for being lazy and not protecting them all , i wont let it happen next year that's for sure.
And im not holding out for any good weather this year it seems the hot summers are gone for Scotland, the last 15 years have been pretty grim for us and im getting sick of it .... Spain sounds good ,i think i'll emigrate soon if this continues.
I hope your mothers and cutting's make it gaius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Hopper View Post
Love the wild flowers and hawks.

I hope you get some warm dry days soon. The plants look good, just hungry for some heat.

Does anybody ever try a heat trap? Something like a small stone or dirt embankment behind the plants to help catch and hold heat?

I've grown eggplant in old tires for the extra heat and it truly helps.
The old tyres idea might be on the cards for next year Claude ... the farm near by has a mountain of them for the silage so ill grab some and fill them with soil ...Viola all we'll need then is the heat LOL.

Last edited by rocket high; 06-27-2011 at 06:05 PM..