What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OldTimers Old Time Dresser

OldTimers

Hello everyone .. Im known as OldTimer (Its not just a Net Name ) .. Well ladies and gentleman Ive been through cab after cab after cab .. Ive always found some reason after each cab is done with its first grow i stick the thing in my homemade catapult and letter rip ... Well I hope this cab is diffrent from the rest .. So lets get started..

Its a 4ft dresser by 2.5ft wide and 1.5ft deep .. The actual grow chamber is 3ft tall 2ft wide 1ft deep .. As of now I am Vegging under 156 wtts of CFL and will be Flowering under 150HPS.. The lights heat is sealed off by a piece of Plexiglas and the Light Chamber is being cooled by a single 65CFM PC Fan pulling cold air in and blowing the hot air out .. The grow chamber is also being cooled by single 65CFM fan the same way as the Light Chamber except theres a Carbon Scrubber on the Exhaust side ..Well thats all i can remember at the moment about the Dresser design questions welcome ..

As of right now i have 2 Unknown Clones i just put in my EZ-Cloner I made this morning .. And soon as they get roots they will be planted into my medium which is LC's Soiless Mix #1.. 3 gal. Pots.. One plant will be getting its food source from Fish and Seaweed .. And the other will be getting its food source from Guano Tea and Kelp.. The plants will be scrogged till it feels up the whole screen i have made which is the exact size of the grow chamber .. As of right now my temps are low 70-72 degre. all day and night thinking of putting a speed controle on my fan to let the temp rise a little bit .. .. Got any qustions just ask ..

Here are some pictures to show the make over of the early 1900's dresser.. Pictures are in order from start to finsih

OldTimers

what i started out with
picture.php

then i tore it down put in 3/4 plywood sides and glued it back together ..sorry really bad editing
picture.php

Then used same 3/4plywood for a floor and then 1x4 to frame the inside to make it strong
picture.php

Right befor i took off my clamps
picture.php

Zipped out my intake and exhaust holes
picture.php

Reflectix Getting Installed
picture.php

Back door getting ready to be put on and the white thing is my carbon scrubber with fan wires hanging out
picture.php

Grow Chamber intake hole
picture.php

One fan is no longer in there but get to see what the 150hps looks like in there
picture.php

Now with one Fan and the cfls in
picture.php

My EZ-Cloner
picture.php

picture.php

Finished Dresser with out the drawer handles .. And also the whole back side has been sprayed black

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Really Awesome. It looks like your putting a lot of love into this baby..

nothing like the fruits of your labor :joint:

OldTimers

Wow would have never that this thread would catch so much attention :yoinks:.. Thanks alott for all your kind words Aerohead,kaotic,inandout,labtec,Natagonnaworrie,feral,Vertimnus... And last but very not least Pontiac my friend its an honor to have my thread posted in the DIY LINK-O-ROMA .. Any qustions are welcome on the Dresser desighn or any other qustions .. Thank you very much my fellow ICMAG'ers for maken me feel at home ..

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Great work OT. Are those two holes I see the intake and exhaust for the light compartment? Where are the others located? Do you find issues with the exhaust being right next to the intake? How come you put them so close? Or have I got everything mixed up again?

Hope you have a productive garden!

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Question... Are you THE Oldtimer? OT haze Oldtimer?

OldTimers

Yep sure enough those are the intake and exhaust holes for the Light Chamber .. And Ive forgot to take pictures of the top of the cab theres actually another chamber at the very top that houses the duct and my muffler for the exhaust since the fan made a lot of wind noise i made a muffler to silent the fan so as of now the the Light Chambers exhaust is actually just goin in to the top of the Dresser where the Duct Chamber is i guess you could say .. So to get to the point i have no problems since theres only one duct running out of the Duct Chamber to get cool air and as i said befor the exhaust is just going into the Duct chamber and is slowly blown out thru the hole where there was a duct attachted to the hole so close to the intake hole .. I know its confusing with out pictures so in the end No problems with them be so close the Light Chamber temps stay at around 82-83 deg. And i had no idea why i put the holes so close hahahaha after i zipped the holes i said WTF did i do that for hahahaha but as i said no problems .. And you asked where the other two are i assume your talking about the grow chamber exhaust and intake ? .. If so heres a picture .. And sorry if i got your qustion mixed upp ahaha ..
picture.php

OldTimers

Well Hey guys and gals .. Was waiting to have an update that actually had some progress so ive decided to update just to keep yall informed and that im not gonna let this thread die ....

Good News , Everyone Likes Good News : Well the clones love the Home Made EZ-Cloner DWC Syle and one Clone rooted fairly quickly honestly quickest ive ever seen 5 Days to root .. The roots were about half inch long going all the way up to about half the stem which was about 2 inchs long .. The other Clone is still doing great but no roots yet but getting its root bumps on the the stem ..

Bad News No one Likes Bad News : The Clone that rooted quickly i was takeing it out of the EZ-Cloner and forgot I had not made the holes bigger this time.. I was being very carful as i was pulling the Clone thru the hole and it slid right out along with no roots ..(Talking about pissed I cussed for hours ).. All the roots were sliced off .. Not that it really matters since i am able to get clones any time of the day but not from the plant these clones came from these clones are special to me atleast .. But anyways i said screw it I'll save the Clone and let her try to survive .. So i stuck the clone in water and dipped her in some RootTone and stuck it in soil which was 8 hours earlyer this morning .. I checked on the Clone an hour later she was flopped over really dead looking .. So 7 hours later i come back to check on her and shes standing up on her on and coming back to life .. ( The leafs that are yellow turned yellow after the 2 day it was in the EZ-Cloner ) Any advice on the Poor clone would be helpful I figure I'll just let her do her thing and see what happens..

picture.php