Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Worldwide Cannabis Guide > Weed in Lugano, Switzerland.

Thread Title Search    
Visit Sensi Seeds For all your Genetic Needs!
 Weed in Lugano, Switzerland. Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Kit

Kit will become famous soon enough
Weed in Lugano, Switzerland.

Lugano (Insubric language: Lügan) is a town (56,719 inhabitants, a total of 130,000 people in the agglomeration) in the south of Switzerland, in the Italian-speaking canton of Ticino, which borders Italy. The city lies on Lake Lugano and its warm summers, and the fact that in recent years it has attracted an ever growing number of celebrities, entertainers and successful athletes has given it the nickname of the "Monte Carlo of Switzerland".[1][2] It is the 9th largest city of Switzerland by population.
The origin of the name is possibly the Latin word Lucus, meaning wood or sacred wood, or Gaulish locovanno "lake dweller".[3]

Lugano is great for americans since the swiss francs and the USD are almost always equal. Switzerland is not in the EU even while being in the center of europe. Euros are accepted everywhere but if you pay in euros it will cost more. As i said it's a great destination for americans willing to visit switzerland, and as well italy, Lugano lies only 20 Mins from Como, and 50mins from Milan (in switzerland it's adiviced to move around by train or by public transportation, which is expansive, but of great quality)

Just by staying in Lugano you will feel the italian culture and food, it's like being in italy, just CLEANER and things work as they are supposed to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lugano

In lugano you may find something to toke near the train station, inside the park (Parco ciani) or near the University.

Prices vary a lot from the seller, if it's outdoor you might get it for 10ChF (swiss francs) a gram, if it's indoor you should get 3.5-4.5 grams for 50 francs.

Cannabis is illegal in switzerland, and that's a federal law. You might read around that it's not, but it is. Hardly there will be any consequence if they find you with a little with in your pockets, they might just give you a warning, or a fine, nothing more. The police is allowed to ask you to empty your pockets only IF they have a reason for it, they can not randomly ask you to do so.

The quality is OK, but there are some rip offs...

I leave you with some pictures of my city.

Kit jest offline   Quote

Old 06-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
Ronni
Remember

Ronni will become famous soon enoughRonni will become famous soon enough
thank you!
is mj legalized for medical purpose in switzerland?
Ronni jest offline   Quote

Old 06-27-2009, 04:11 AM   #3
hellohope

hellohope is on a distinguished road
awesome pics dude

i really really like the first picture... can u get more of the first motiv ?

I am your neighbour...

greetz from austria
hellohope jest offline   Quote

Old 06-27-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
British_Bulldog

Hi there,

I lived near Lugano for 18 months recently, and visited regularly.

It certainly is a beautiful city, with some amazing scenery of the lake and the mountains behind.

However, I found the weed scene there to be quite poor now. I'd heard that in the past when the Swiss law was different, that the best herb in Europe was to be found in Lugano.....not anymore....on the streets at least.

There are a few Moroccans who sell low grade outdoor and hash, for a relatively high price - yes 10 francs a gram is a lot for what you get.

I think unless you know someone, and can therefore get good indoor/hash, then I'd avoid buying on the streets in Lugano, unless you're desperate.

Peace

Old 07-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
motaloca
Gardening with The Moon

motaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant future
The Ticino is sure the nicest part of Switzerland. My family has a small house in The Val Blenio more north.
Lugano is a very nice place go up one of the mountains look over the lake and smoke some herb.
Memories...

Old 07-02-2009, 02:03 AM   #6
Tolpan

Tolpan is just really niceTolpan is just really niceTolpan is just really niceTolpan is just really nice
Ticino, my second home!

Love it!

I was around that area from 1999 nearly every second weekend and when I had holidays all the time!

Hey BB, you're right you have to know the right people now, but hehe I know, lol!

Damn that was a great time when weed was sold around switzerland. First stop was always at a little shop near bellinzona and then up to the mountains and high climbing, lol!

Greets everybody!

I'm jelous motaloca, that is my dream. One day a little house in that beautiful area.

Cheers

Tolpan
Tolpan jest offline   Quote

Old 07-02-2009, 02:31 AM   #7
Lord Doobie
Surrounded by goofs

Lord Doobie will become famous soon enoughLord Doobie will become famous soon enough
Poor dood...You actually live there???
I remember getting arrested in Lugano for busking...
The police put my guitar in jail...I was ROTFLMAO!
Then, they wanted $175sf to get it out.
Although I had the money, I said, "That's OK." and turned to leave, calling their bluff.
They then gave me my guitar back..ha ha.
Hey...I'm Ami...We invented poker!

Swiss franc equal to the dollar?
That's too bad...It used to be 1.40sf to the $ when I lived in Luzern.
I guess Switz never was a bargain to auslanders

Best place to score used to be outside the Zurich Bahnhof by the park. Here, dealers would set up little hashish stands proudly displaying their products. I guess those days are long gone.

PS - I remember getting some horribly small pizza there...only $18US...such a deal for the worst pizza in the world...truly awful. I would have killed for a Chicago deep dish...
RULE #1 - Grow SMART - keep silent and eyes at bay - free to grow yet another day
RULE #2 - Grow SIMPLE using the easiest method in the world - Hempy!
RULE #3 - Grow GREEN [reuse, recycle, buy-once materials, waste-not, want-not]
RULE #4 - Vaporize clean healthy hits and stop wasting 40% of your THC

Old 07-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #8
motaloca
Gardening with The Moon

motaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant futuremotaloca has a brilliant future
Yeah, I've spent most of my weekends and holidays there, our neighbor grew some nice outdoor too.
Had a couple of plants there as well but they got eaten by deer most of times.
Miss the shop in Bellinzona, shit that Switzerland went back wards.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Doobie View Post
Poor dood...You actually live there???
I remember getting arrested in Lugano for busking...
The police put my guitar in jail...I was ROTFLMAO!
Then, they wanted $175sf to get it out.
Although I had the money, I said, "That's OK." and turned to leave, calling their bluff.
They then gave me my guitar back..ha ha.
Hey...I'm Ami...We invented poker!

Swiss franc equal to the dollar?
That's too bad...It used to be 1.40sf to the $ when I lived in Luzern.
I guess Switz never was a bargain to auslanders

Best place to score used to be outside the Zurich Bahnhof by the park. Here, dealers would set up little hashish stands proudly displaying their products. I guess those days are long gone.

PS - I remember getting some horribly small pizza there...only $18US...such a deal for the worst pizza in the world...truly awful. I would have killed for a Chicago deep dish...
Well busking is illegal by swiss law, so if you did, i don't see the problem... tho i'd lol for a guitar in jail as well LOL

Where have you had that pizza? lol
Kit jest offline   Quote

Old 07-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #10
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by British_Bulldog View Post
Hi there,

I lived near Lugano for 18 months recently, and visited regularly.

It certainly is a beautiful city, with some amazing scenery of the lake and the mountains behind.

However, I found the weed scene there to be quite poor now. I'd heard that in the past when the Swiss law was different, that the best herb in Europe was to be found in Lugano.....not anymore....on the streets at least.

There are a few Moroccans who sell low grade outdoor and hash, for a relatively high price - yes 10 francs a gram is a lot for what you get.

I think unless you know someone, and can therefore get good indoor/hash, then I'd avoid buying on the streets in Lugano, unless you're desperate.

Peace
yeah lately it's becoming more and more annoing, i guess that in the streets quality is getting worst and worst, i suggest ppl in the area to have a nice ride to Bellinzona, there the quality is much better!
Kit jest offline   Quote

Old 07-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronni View Post
thank you!
is mj legalized for medical purpose in switzerland?
It is but i don't know to what extent, we voted on it and it passed last october, while complete decrim failed, medical use passed...
Kit jest offline   Quote

Old 07-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
Krull
Soul Feeder

Krull has disabled reputation
Nice pictures Kit!

(con quei prezzi finirai per rovinarti )

Cya

=K
Krull jest offline   Quote

Old 07-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krull View Post
Nice pictures Kit!

(con quei prezzi finirai per rovinarti )

Cya

=K
Boh son 30 euro 5 grammi... (che poi questi sono i prezzi per me, non oso immaginare in strada xD)
Kit jest offline   Quote

Old 07-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #14
sznake
jarhead

sznake is a splendid one to beholdsznake is a splendid one to beholdsznake is a splendid one to beholdsznake is a splendid one to beholdsznake is a splendid one to beholdsznake is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
....it's like being in italy, just CLEANER and things work as they are supposed to.
loooooooooooool..

Old 07-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #15
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sznake View Post
loooooooooooool..
It's just a fact not being mean to italians, i love italians and italy
Kit jest offline   Quote