What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best joint roller machine?

H

Hal

Can you please explain to this 'ol fart the benefit of rolling a cone shaped doob as opposed to a straight sided doob?

Is it just a "style" thing....or does it perform better for some reason?

Thanks for helping me figure this one out.

killa-bud

Veteran
you could roll cones with that zig-zag machine,just put lil more bud on one end,you know,so it sorta tapers from more to less bud.

i don't see the big deal with cones anway,maybe a little slower burn...

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
sorry

sorry

If you were at a party and rolling a joint with a dollar bill and you had some stranger laugh at you .. it was probably me. sorry.

Can you please explain to this 'ol fart the benefit of rolling a cone shaped doob as opposed to a straight sided doob?

Is it just a "style" thing....or does it perform better for some reason?

Thanks for helping me figure this one out.

aside from the fact that you are reducing the quantity of bud in accordance to the increase of tar/thc and everything else, what i really meant was that a perfectly cylindrical joint is a dead giveaway that you used a rolling machine, get it?

H

Hal

aside from the fact that you are reducing the quantity of bud in accordance to the increase of tar/thc and everything else, what i really meant was that a perfectly cylindrical joint is a dead giveaway that you used a rolling machine, get it?

Get it?

Dude, it sounds like you were a tad offended at my question. I don't have a clue why my question would be offensive, I'm just trying to understand recent developments in joint rollology.

I don't think a perfectly rolled cylindrical doob suggests a machine, either...I've seen many a hand rolled look quite perfect. Just not by me.

A

alpinestar

cones hit harder - less paper more filling

cones are easier to roll by hand than straight joints, but both are easy to do; it just takes practice

Get it?

Dude, it sounds like you were a tad offended at my question. I don't have a clue why my question would be offensive, I'm just trying to understand recent developments in joint rollology.

I don't think a perfectly rolled cylindrical doob suggests a machine, either...I've seen many a hand rolled look quite perfect. Just not by me.

noooooooooooooooooooooooo, not offended at all, i'm actually asking if you get it, so if you hadn't gotten it, i would explain further. See, this is why i never talk to girls i'm dating on MSN, cause it's just too easy to misinterpret the tone of whatever you are saying!

H

Hal

S'OK Ttb....

What you say is very true, the printed communication is easily misinterpreted. My apologies for thinking so of you :)

Peace brother :)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Over the years, I have tried any number of machines, starting with the original Bugler with tobacco, which introduced me to cheap cigarettes vis a vis 25 cents a pack or stealing my Dad's Camel shorts.

In a nut shell, my personal findings support rolling them yourself with your very own fingers. They may or may not end up as purdy, but the draw better than the consistently purdy ones that I have done with machines and if you can’t roll one by hand, may I suggest that you develop that skill?

No one has ever laughed at one of my worst hand rolls, because mostly they can’t improve upon it themselves, and it is what is incorporated within the papers that soon grabs their attention.

As I mostly roll hash oil soaked papers, which don’t feed well, or treat rolling platforms with impunity, it works out best for me personally. May those that take umbrage to my occasionally tapered, center bulged, or non-cylintrical joint have satisfactory sex with themselves repeatedly with my and your blessing!

Rolling is incredibly easy and way easier than consistently hitting the porcelean toilet bowl if you are a male child standing up.

May I suggest that you lick your fingers just before performing the rolling magic, as it will make the paper behave more civilly? As has already been noted, practice makes perfect

As for social acceptance, Lawrd knows the drop dead gorgeous women searching diligently around about thereof for Mr. Perfect, mostly misunderstood this beat up old mixed breed Euro/Native American mongrel. Worse yet are any number of people whom I was trying to concisely communicate with, also missed my intent! What to do?

My suggestion is that you just roll what you need and let the rest of the tokers deal with their own snobbery. After a little practice you will be pleased yourself, which is really how we actually keep score and diminish the scorn of others.

Bon appetite!

GW

D

Deaner

I prefer a hand rolled joint myself. I used to have a joint roller but it made the joints far too tight and difficult to smoke.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I prefer a hand rolled joint myself. I used to have a joint roller but it made the joints far too tight and difficult to smoke.

They are tight.. but can be smoked.
And I can't say I'd prefer a machine rolled joint over a hand rolled one. I think I roll pretty good joints.. :joint:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran

also the first part is not true... and has no logic..
what I'm trying to say is if you are reducind the quantity of bud, the thc and tar also are reduced. because less bud means less burnt material and less thc content.. :2cents: