What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Will Not Be Tolerated Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

randude101

ummmm spam

Any of you ever have the spam sand with eggs in Hawaii?

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I've never even had spam before....I'm a spam virgin. I'm holding out for the perfect "spam", ahahaha.

I've never heard of that Randude....what is it?

R

randude101

Hawaiian soul food

Isn't Spam sushi a culinary crime? Not in Waikiki.
By Constance Hale

As Honolulu gourmands gear up for an unusual street festival, there's just one question on their lips: Could anything possibly top last year's Spam Jam musubi—a giant version of the island snack that consists of a brick of rice, a slab of Spam, and a belt of black seaweed—at its record-busting length of 313 feet?

The making of the gonzo musubi—which required more than 275 pounds of rice, 1,650 slices of Spam, and 600 feet of the dried seaweed called nori—kicked off last year's second annual Spam Jam, held along Waikiki's Kalakaua Avenue. And, yup, this year the wacky festival once again celebrates Spam, the luncheon meat everyone loves to ridicule. Everyone, that is, but Hawaiians. Fiftieth staters consume nearly 6 million cans a year, or almost six cans for every man, woman, and child. Some call the gelatinous pink pork "Hawaii's soul food."

whole story:http://www.viamagazine.com/top_stories/articles/hawaiian_food05.asp

R

randude101

United States and territories
In the United States, Spam is quite popular, but is sometimes associated with economic hardship, due to its relatively low cost.[11]

The residents of the state of Hawaii and the territories of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) consume the most Spam per capita in the United States. On average, each person on Guam consumes 16 tins of Spam each year and the numbers at least equal this in the CNMI. Guam, Hawaii, and Saipan, the CNMI's principal island, have the only McDonald's restaurants that feature Spam on the menu. Burger King, in Hawaii, began serving Spam in 2007 on its menu to compete with the local McDonald's chains.[12][13]

In Hawaii, Spam is so popular it is sometimes dubbed "The Hawaiian Steak".[14] It is traditionally reheated (cooked), resulting in a different taste from Spam eaten by many Americans on the mainland, who may eat Spam cold.[15] One popular Spam dish in Hawaii is Spam musubi, in which cooked Spam is combined with rice and nori seaweed and classified as onigiri.[16]

Spam was introduced into the aforementioned areas, in addition to other islands in the Pacific such as Okinawa and the Philippine Islands, during the U.S. military occupation in World War II. Since fresh meat was difficult to get to the soldiers on the front, World War II saw the largest use of Spam. GIs started eating Spam for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (Some soldiers referred to Spam as "ham that didn't pass its physical" and "meatloaf without basic training".)[17] Surpluses of Spam from the soldiers' supplies made their way into native diets. Consequently, Spam is a unique part of the history and effects of U.S. influence in the Pacific.[18]

The perception of Spam in Hawaii is very different from that on the mainland. Despite the large number of mainlanders who eat Spam, and the various recipes that have been made from it, Spam, along with most canned food, is often stigmatized on the mainland as "poor people food". In Hawaii, similar canned meat products such as Treet are referred to as "poor people Spam".

R

randude101

Yeah, Gypsy is in rare form today.. I wonder what he did last night... Oh wait, it may already be last night where ever he is.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Last night I sang in some run down Kareoke Bar far east of Timbuctu.... 10 cents a song...(you had to drop the equivalent of a dime into this machine).....and made a complete fool of myself......

R

randude101

Last night I sang in some run down Kareoke Bar far east of Timbuctu.... 10 cents a song...(you had to drop the equivalent of a dime into this machine).....and made a complete fool of myself......

I have had some of my funnest times doing almost exactly that. Different country, in the boon docks of america, country music being most of what people were singing. Here is a song that a lady sang that made me fall in love with her (persona)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVXx...AE8BAAEF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=57

(yeah, I like some country music)

Justa6655321

Veteran
Customer:
Morning,

Waitress:
Morning.

Customer:
What have you got?

Waitress:
Well, there's egg and bacon,
egg sausage and bacon
Egg and spam
Egg, bacon and spam
Egg, bacon, sausage and spam
Spam, bacon, sausage and spam
Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam
Spam, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam tomato and spam
Spam, spam, spam, egg and spam
Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely Spam! Lovely Spam!)

Or Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce
served in a provencale manner with shallots and aubergines
garnished with truffle pate, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife:
Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress:
Well, the spam, eggs, sausage and spam
That's not got much spam in it

Wife:
I don't want any spam!

Customer:
Why can't she have eggs, bacon, spam and sausage?

Wife:
That's got spam in it!

Customer:
Hasn't got much spam in it as spam, eggs, sausage and spam has it?

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam!...)

Wife:
Could you do me eggs, bacon, spam and sausage without the spam, then?

Waitress:
Iiiiiiiiiiiich!!

Wife:
What do you mean 'Iiiiiiiiiich'? I don't like spam!

(Choir: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress (to choir):
Shut up!

(Choir: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress:
Shut Up! Bloody Vikings!
You can't have egg, bacon, spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife:
I don't like spam!

Customer:
Shush dear, don't have a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it,
I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans,
spam, spam, spam, and spam!

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress:
Shut Up!! Baked beans are off.

Customer:
Well, could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress:
You mean spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,
spam and spam?

Choir (intervening):
Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!
Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!
Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam.
Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!
Spam spam spam spam!

eglider

Damn , now I'm hungry...

Cant stop smiling....thanks G

...Cuz, I'm a Roman Catholic
Have been ever since I was born...
The one thing good about Catholics is...
They'll take you soon as your warm....

You dont need to be a six footer...
You dont need to have a great brain...
You dont even need to have clothes on...
A Catholic the moment Dad came.....

H

Hazeseeker

can't stand Spam:nono:, used to eat it when i was younger:yes:, god knows what they use to make it tho, i still remember when you'd open the tin and it would slide on the plate hitting it loud like a brick - used to wobble on the plate like jelly, got my standards set higher now tho - like corned beef better lol:yes:

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.