What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What varieties are you growing this season?

G

Well, in all my years of overgrow, ic mag and others, this traditional thread has always shown up...... but not this year. Its mid june so... tell us what your growing and why.

Me?

Flo: My wife needs daytime smoke. Wait till i post some pics of this freakish looking variety

Ice Cool: Sweetseeds. I was so impressed with Cream caramel, i thought i would give this NYC Diesel fem a try.

Sensi star: Not the most vigorous or heavy yeilding plant, but if i could by a more potent indica i would be buying it and growing it. I cant

Maple Leaf indica. I wasnt going to grow it again this year but when i started trying to replace it with anohter strain that was of equal quality and effect, i couldnt find one. Tough, dependable, tough, quick, tough. The best affie I know of.

Joeys Sugarberry: Let me give you some good advice. "Any time you see a variety that combines the talents of DJ Short and Brothers Grimm, buy it". I promise you wont be sorry and here is a good example of that. The sugar blossoms pheno of joeys cross is impressive but im growing the blueberry pheno. This will be my 4th grow of it in 15 months . I have year cured Sensi Star ,Maple leaf and several others and im smoking green sugarberry. Damn its tasty. If you like sweet and fruity with a happy high.....

White Widow: GHS
White Widow : Joey has made f2's from his parent stock from the original offering that created the legend. I thought it would be fun to grow them out side by side to see if there are differences. Ive grown Dp's WW and White labels ww before, so i know the strain a little.

Dr. Atomic BBXNL. BB Jam. Finishes quick and is very good.

Great white shark GHS. This is a nice plant.

Whatcha ya got cookin?

Sparky14

You are right old-timer, this thread is a necessity.

Hashberry: had some seeds left over, and it is a nicely balanced smoke.

AK-47: nice clear daytime stuff...

Early Queen: in spite of germination problems and mutants, a keeper pheno of this strain by Mr. Nice creates gorgeous strong buds. Smells like nutmeg and vanilla.

Nirvana Northern lights: I grow this most years...I am always after the short, stout, early pheno. In Minnesota, I can count on this, though a few years back I thought the buds had more blue hues in them...

Grapefruit X Schnazzleberry: got seeds from a friend...I have no idea what this will do to me, but why not see what happens.

I have read many of your threads Silverback, and I admire your expertise and taste. I can't believe I don't have MLI growing now; I grew it last year, and it might be my all time favorite strain (grown about 40-50, so I am no expert). I have a few buds in the jar from last summer...the trichs on those buds are actually a yellowish gold. Will re-stock for next year, and will try flo and sensi star too, as I have been reading about them for years. Good luck with your grow this year.

I am small time...I have 28 plants in seven gallon buckets in my private peat bog...cold summer so far. Sparky, formerly oldsterone on OG.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Hello Silverback, good call on this thread. It is always nice to see what people are cooking up from year to year. This summer I am growing:

Frisian Dew from Dutch Passion. I chose this strain because it is suppose to be good at keeping mold at bay. I live where humidity gets pretty high.

Cheese from Big Budda seeds. I have always heard good things out of the UK from this strain. I thought I would give it a try.

The Church from Green House Seeds. A good outdoor producer. Good for chronic pain.

Romulan from an elite California strain. Always the best plant of the crop. Can't beat Romulan.

Mazar I Shariff from Seed Boutique. Freebie pack from an order.

Blueberry x Godbud from Jordan of the Niles. Had an extra seed left over, this strain was not the best but couldn't waste a perfectly good seed.

Thanks for allowing me to share my strains with everybody, and I am looking forward to seeing what everybody else has going for them.

bongcritter

I'm growing....

bagseeds!!! Haha...the craziest variety...you never know what you get !

and hopefully i have at least 1 female that makes it to harvest, but its not lookin too good..

H

Huey69

Lavender: This is from a plant from last season, she only created one seed (no male flowers anywhere). She had problems last year, but this year, I'm looking forward to her. Should be a nice night time smoke as she generally will knock me out.

Mexican: This is from a bag my pop's got in mexico last year..seems to be indica dominant. We had the seed, so why not grow it!

Pine Mist: From a free gram from a club. Pop's found a single seed. It was advertised as a Sativa dom, but I'm not sure if it hermi'd or if it was impregnated by another plant...She's growing big..

Next are all girls I got as clones (which I might have to trash a few becuase they might be flowering...)...
J1: Jack Herer x Skunk 1. I enjoy skunk varieties (especially if they have that skunk smell) and I had recently had Jack Herer, a fine smoke. This should be a good cross. I was told it would be hearty outdoors. Should be a good, happy, feel good daytime high..

Purple Urkle: Got her for late afternoon/night time use.

Socal Master Kush: Another indica dom plant for late afternoon/night time use.

Blue Dream x Skunk: I was told this girl is a heavy yielder. It also combines two good strains, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I have tried the flowers of this, and it's a good daytime high, makes you alert/aware but still gives you a bit of body high to compliment the head high.

And thats it! I hope the few girls that look like they are flowering, aren't but if they are I'll be trashing them and replacing them..

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Hey silverback, nice thread...cool variety ya got. I have WAY too many strains out there, but will see what does well and stick to those next year. Let's see...

Chem D
Chem 3
Chem 4
Chem 91
Casey Jones
Coral Reef
Snocap
OG x Mendo purps
Trinity
La Nina
GDP
BB cheese
BB blue cheese
Rez strawD
Amnesia Haze
Goo
Purple monkey balls
Burkle
SourD
Mass super skunk
Grape punch
Dankouver

Squ1rrely

You are right old-timer, this thread is a necessity.

Grapefruit X Schnazzleberry: got seeds from a friend...I have no idea what this will do to me, but why not see what happens.

Sparky, i hav heard EXCELLENT things about the Schnazzleberry as well as jus about anything crossed with it. i hope u hav as good of results as the other grows i've seen with that strain:joint:

as for my OD this year nothing big but a few special things:smoker:

1st pic
Kill-Breath:This is a homebred strain a friend gave me. a beautiful indica that he claims to be extremely potent. he did tell me wut strains were used but i cannot recall at this time. i'll hav to get that information again.

2nd pic
Ice Princess:This is a strain that i've ran indoors for quite a while now that is a wonderful plant. it is a fine producer and the smoke isn't top notch but definitely worth the time and space.

3rd pic(week3 in flower) 4th pic(mature)
Zombie:This is my own crossbreed i did last year that turned out great. It is a DurbanXAfghani cross that turned out very well. The smell is VERY sour and the potency.. i couldn't ask for more.

These are wut i'll be putting out this year. i'm hoping to get about between 30 and 50 plants out altogether (dont kno how many of each strain). There was another cross i did last year that i was going to put out as well. a GIANT sativa that was a super producer. but the cross turned out to b bullshit. but it happens sometimes with homebreeding. i had to irradicate and focus on the quality strains i hav.:woohoo:

Attachments

• Picture 362.jpg
    Picture 362.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Picture 405.jpg
    Picture 405.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 396.jpg
    Picture 396.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Picture 386.jpg
    Picture 386.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 33

sunwukong

c99 x panama red, sourbubble IX4, drizzle, bubblegumbo, deep purple, ct-91, white rhino, cali-o, swiss miss, and afghan.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
Hi

the first ones that i put out this year were some feminized autos that a friend and i accidently made (OriginalHaze x hashplant x Sk#1)-they are not very good
also have

Early Skunk x NL#2 X JA Pearl-
AK47
Sk#1

it's all about fast finishers in the UK so the Early Sk X and the AK should do reasonably well

cheers
eddieS

C

coxswain

I'm mostly growing crosses made by my friends.

DC x LocalSativa
BJ x DC
Church
Bagseed lady supposedly very strong
And finnaly some of the Wally Duck's C99

Why?

I'm sick and tired of same old SS that's the only think you can get around here. God knows how they grow it. I want my own weed. This is my first grow and I hope it turns out ok.

Good luck!

LazLo

Traded for some old seeds last Dec. 10 to 12 each. Breeders unknown.

White Widow
Black Domina
El Nino
Fruit Juicy

Also NLXS seeds I made last year.

Got a late start this year and transplanted the last a week ago. None bigger than 6". Hope at least 1/2 are girls.

Want to make some seeds and do some crosses. (If these genetics are any good.) Trying to avoid buying seeds. One less risk factor. Keep my money to pay for everything else, like food and housing.

If sex doesn't scare the cat, you're not doing it right!

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
Lavender: .

Mexican: This is from a bag my pop's got in mexico last year..seems to be indica dominant. We had the seed, so why not grow it!

I grew out a pure mexican bag seeds last year. I dont know where in mexico it was from but wow! It was a massive pure sativa landrace. 16 feet high but only yeilded a 3/4 pound lots of trimming what a pain. I hoped for more because she was given the very best grow site and full sun all day. I dug a 4 by 4 foot hole and filled it half with compost and half with top soil. In the end She had very thin buds and very small red hairs. I was forced to harvast in november because the snow was here to stay. 3 week cure was a surprise. smelled like sandal wood and a smooth smoke an absolute pleasure to smoke. by no means a one hit quiter but every joint got you higher and higher "real classic weed like when the good stuff came from down south of the boarder" a old friend told me that. I have no seeds left, only the plesant memory of such fine ganja. if you fine such a plant breed it and keep it forever!
:smoweed:
Outsidegrower.

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
This year I will be growing
Lots of my own strain I've grown for a few years now. Two bag seeds bred together for seeds must of been fate bucause it turned out better than eaither bags the seeds came from. There all one baseball bat cola with dark green buds, bright red hairs and huge resin heads. Very indica with body high and some head and make me just grin ear to ear. A very strong high, harsh smoke with a fruity taste. Always finishes last week in sept.

bought these seeds to try compare and bred with.
sensi seeds: early girl and jamaican pearl
mandala: satori and #1
sagarmatha: early riser and stupersonic
g13 labs: northren lights, durban poison and super skunk

little j

i thought you would only grow your maple leaf. ???? it sounded great last year and i was jealous. why do we quit with a perfect??? what about your aurioa indica??? the only reason i still want to get it is because of your testimonials.
thanks, little j.

wietzaadje

Cheese, Trainwreck, Lemon skunk and Church (all GHS).
Lady Cane (SSHxG13) hopefully a male.
Herijuana x Killerqueen (own cross).

G

The list look promising. I always enjoy these threads because they let you look back and say " didn't somebody say they were growing..... Ive gotten a lot of good info from growers of these threads and often, it was a strain that they didnt list on a grow report

I wonder where all of the Guerilla golds and gorilla grape fans are at. The early girl and early riser growers will be happy and I think Lazlo was going to grow Black Dom. Lazlo buddy, you arent going to be happy come NOvember. Skip the Dom. I popped 4 plants this winter to test for an outdoor grow and the plant characteristics said "no way". I tested both strains for outdoor compatability and both were non starters. The plants are almost identical to bogs sour bubble. I grew them side by side and i swear if i hadnt had labels on the pots i wouldnt have known which was which.

Keep em comming.

dkmonk

masterlow
la nina x skunk 1
church x arjans haze 1
malawi gold x colombian gold
widowhaze x grapefruit bowl
some bag seeds

and i gifted these to my friend that he is growing for me

chemdawg 91 s1's
double dawg
purple afghan x og kush
sour diesel x og kush
lavender x acapulco gold
biko II
and well probably like 4-5 other things

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
hey, silverback.
You mentioned that early girl growers will be happy. I can not find much on this strain could you give me a little more info?