What's new

saliva testing

knowwon

hello, long long time lurker here and former member of og from the start of it.

they are starting to use saliva testing in my place of employment and they will be random as soon as im told ive gotta go..

does anyone have info on saliva testing?

detection time ect...?

ng/ml cut off limits for each brand of test?

the exact type of analasis used to detect the drug ( thc or metabolites)
ex ...immunoassay, gc-ms.....and so on

advances in the feild of saliva drug testing?

perhaps we could post all info regarding saliva testing right here for future reference as a knowledge base.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i know that my younger brother bought this "mask" for his urine when he thought they were going to piss test him. He smoked the night before the test (morning test) and took the mask when he woke up. He got ready as usual, brushed his teeth all that jazz.

He shows up and the lady says it's going to be a swab and will be able to detect "thc" up to 48 hours. He was sweating, and didnt think he got the job. Sure enough, the lady called him back later that week and all was fine.

I think it was the teeth brushing/mouthwash

edit: either i misunderstood the OP or the dude posting above me did, lol

ArcticBlast

KarMic

From Wikipedia

Saliva drug screen / Oral fluid-based drug screen

Saliva / oral fluid-based drug tests can generally detect use during the previous few days. Saliva or oral fluid based drug tests are becoming more prevalent because of their convenience and the fact that they are very difficult to adulterate. Furthermore, on-site oral based tests in particular enable the implementation of random testing programs, proven to be the most effective type of drug screening. Oral fluid based tests are as accurate as urine and can be obtained from suppliers in the United States. Testing is usually performed by employers, for either pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, or return-to-duty testing. Oral fluid based testing most closely mimics results found with blood and is preferable for detecting on-the-job drug use or in post-accident applications in this case because the degree of intoxication can be approximated based on the amount of substance.

Detection in saliva tests begins immediately upon use:
Marijuana and hashish (THC): an hour after ingestion up to 24 hours.
Cocaine (including crack): From time of ingestion up to 2 to 3 days
Opiates: From time of ingestion up to 2 to 3 days
Methamphetamine ("Tweak," "crank," "ice") and ecstasy (MDMA, "Molly") : From time of ingestion up to 2 to 3 days.
Benzodiazepines: From time of ingestion up to 2 to 3 days
Amphetamines
Phencyclidine (PCP)

KarMic

How long have you worked there? How's your track record in the company? Maybe your supervisor could give you a break and overlook this. Depends on your relationship with your supervisor/boss. Good Luck.

knowwon

been there two years, get along great with everyone, do my job very well....the call for testing comes from city hall not my managers

D

dankitydank

ya i smoke heavily. just stop for 2 days to be save
brush your teeth and mouthwash 3 times a day instead of 2.
and twice before you go in the morning.....that will be overkill.

i stopped for 2 days. brushed my teeth and mouthwashed a few times before i went up. totally fine. easiest test ever

Cabri

Hey man what about Random Saliva testing of drivers on Public roads? was told a wash with VINEGAR will fuck with the results of test. More Information required. Someone with knowledge please chip in.

Mr. Hand

Consider yourself fortunate, the oral swab is only good for a short time after smoking and good oral hygine on your part will benefit you. Piss tests are a different story.

Strange city hall would be calling for the testing, you must do some important shit. :p
Most places only prehire drug test because insurance makes em.

knowwon

so far after countless hours of reading about saliva tests it seems the detection time range is 1hr to 72 hrs depending on what brand test they use and or what lab it is sent to..

thats a big range inbetween times and sucks i wont be able to smoke my after hours at home time joint,that is untill i know exactly what brand it is they are using...

LMAO I WROTE THIS WHOLE THING UP THINKING IT WAS ABOUT SALVIA NOT ON THE SALIVA DRUG TESTS
oh well maybe itll be helpful to someone else :) but ya ive seen the saliva tests the only place ive seen them used is in the courthouse by the baliff the city courts here kinda just test people randomly as they filter through for court is what it appeared to me i didnt get tested luckfully but i seen the guy that went before me get nailed for a dirty saliva test and things didnt turn out good for him he went to jail :(

hell no i live in nevada the vegas area to be matter of a fact and alot of the companies here do hair tests or the ones that are really dilligent about keeping people that use drugs out of there workplaces they take hair and urine i dont know how much info you know about hair tests but with a hair test they can go back for as long as 1 year so they can look to see what youve taken in the last year and approximatelly when but no one takes the test that far from talking to the techs n what not the furthest back they check is 3 months but can go back as far as a year i learned all this info because at one point in my life i had to deal with child protective services and had to take drug tests for them so naturally me being a drug addict i asked all kinds of question poking for maybe the weakness in this hair anyalist but they claim it to be fool proof but i know that the shampoo stuff works a good friend of mine used it to get his job

in all my years of dodging piss tests n what not ive found that theres a few different ways to pull this off and theres no need to go buying some 50-75 dollar piss test drink or whizzanator

first thing to buy is a thermometer one of the flat plastic kind you see on the outside of a fish tank but dont go buy one for a fish tank it willnt have readings on it high enough for a piss test but wal mart sells these [pl;astic ones theyre for taking temps of someone thats maybe unconscious or what not

then i get one of my nephews or niece if u dont got any nephews i choose the nephews because its easier for them to pee in the container but find a container thats going to hold at least 60 mL of the urine and be leak proof

i then heat the urine up in the microwave till its about 110 degrees i then put the cap on it and wrap it in alluminum foil not to much foil because it can be noisy then i put on my whitie tighties and shove that sum bitch down with the boys its going to be real hot to the testicles for a lil bit but ur body will slowly cool the bottle with the urine and by the time its your turn to pee i go in open up my pee dump it into the cup then take a reading on the temp with my thermometer that i brought with me if its in the right area pull up ur pants n hurry up n pass it off

if its to hot i dip the cup holding my urine in it down in the toilet water to kool it down if its not warm enough but in the several drug tests ive taken this has never failed me and ive tried all the drinks and everything that guarantees you double your money back or triple or whatever it is ive also used the wizzinator but really its alot of money to shell out for a simple drug test

well thought id give ya the run down on how i do it and im a union carpenter i make good money and work on high end jobs here in the vegas area and beings im union im always gettin laid off and rehired just the nature of how the union works at the end of the year i typucally will have 10 different w4's or whatever they are so i take alot of piss tests luckfully the union willnt allow them to hair test us :)

maybe because they know theyd loose almost there whole hall :)

Last edited by a moderator:
something else ill add to the saliva tests the ones i seen the court using were instant i think they have you hold the swab in ur mouth for 5 mins or so and they got a lil chart thing that they look at to decipher the readings on the test stick is how i seen them reading the results and after it was done being read and what not it went straight to the garbage do not pass go i dunno what kinda tests they use but ya theyre quick and no laboratory needed

id agree with themintman id be willing to bet theyre kinda a joke but who knows im sure they could turn shit into lead these days

T

TheMintMan

I had a job once that required a cheek swab. I smoked the day before. Passed no problem. :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts