What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8 ft. Aluminum Shed Grow Room/Safe Haven for 15 Mothers

MrDanky

Hey all. Just wanted to make a thread about my new Aluminum Shed "safe haven" that i just bought, and built. It was a bit of a pain in the ass to build this shed. The directions were horribly written and there were TONS of parts to assemble. Lining the shed with Poly film was another pain in my ass but it all ended up working out in the long run. oh yeah, i have a 8inch fan hooked up on a variable speed control then hooked up to a scrubber. The 8 inch fan was hooked up to a 4 inch duct using reducers. in the bottom of the shed i used a dryer connector to allow me to suck air out of the cab and into the scrubber... there is also another one of these at the far right end as well to allow me to bring fresh air INTO the cabinet and not allow light to escape. i also built a table that will allow me to run a re-circulating watering system. I built the table frame out of PVC and cut the legs so that there is a 1 inch slope going into the reservoir. right now my plants are all in coco. The plants will sit on top of the roof panel/trough table and will be watered through some spaghetti tubing and flag drippers. all excess water will hit the table then drain back into the reservoir. I plan on checking this about twice a week. oh yeah, i have a 4 foot t5 in the shed. the shed sits within a 2 car garage that is just PACKED with shit... these pictures were taken before i could completely lightproof the cab with POLY...

on top of the cab i have a bunch of equipment that will be used somewhere down the line. The purpose of this shed is to allow me to veg out my mother plants. Once that is done, i will be cloning the SHIT out of these then putting them into my high wattage flower room that has yet to be constructed. peace be with you.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

^if you only knew what these plants have beeen through... its time to make them healthy again!

picture.php

more pics to come soon...

MrDanky

more pictures. trying to get a hang of this uploading

Attachments

• IMG00297.jpg
    IMG00297.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG00298.jpg
    IMG00298.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 42

kp^

I'm curious about smell, and how are you going abouts sealing the room... You can have ventilation and a carbon filter, but if the room is not sealed then your hard work is useless as the smell will escape, and bugs and other shit will get in.

If you don't have to worry about these variables then awesome start and good luck!

I suggest some weather stripping to help seal the room.. Not sure what else as I've not worked with a sheet metal grow room.

Good luck, and happy growing! :joint:

MrDanky

I'm curious about smell, and how are you going abouts sealing the room... You can have ventilation and a carbon filter, but if the room is not sealed then your hard work is useless as the smell will escape, and bugs and other shit will get in.

If you don't have to worry about these variables then awesome start and good luck!

I suggest some weather stripping to help seal the room.. Not sure what else as I've not worked with a sheet metal grow room.

Good luck, and happy growing! :joint:

whats up kp dude..

the room is completely sealed up with poly and white duct tape. i actually just put a piece of poly across the front of the door, and put one of those sticky tape zippers on the front. So basically what you do is open the doors to the shed (which has a lock on it for added security) and then unzip the zipper then voila, you have offically entered the secret garden.

the room has an air intake which pulls the "fresh" air from the garage. All of the old air is taken out of the shed through a 4 inch duct into a carbon scrubber which is located in a loft on top of the garage. that air is just blended into the rest of the garage, as it comes out cleansed of all odors. The smell has no where to escape other then up the 4 inch duct and into the scrubber. The air flow/pull/current is too strong for the air within the box to escape any leaks - which there arent any.

Ive been growing for 7 years in many many many different closets/boxes/rooms. This current design is just what I have to do for now. I had a whole house dedicated to growing a while back but just put it on the market so i had to get everything out of there and bring my mothers to the home that i lay my head at which is only temporary. I built this shed on top of a 6 foot long pallet so when it comes time to move my mothers out, all I have to do is ramp the whole shed into my enclosed trailer, then move it to its next location...

:yeahthats

MrDanky

this is another pvc box i made with pvc and poly and a zipper... it was a 1 week temporary buiild...

Attachments

• IMG00162.jpg
    IMG00162.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 44

MrDanky

ok here are some pictures of my odor control..

i used 2 downsizers for each side of the 8inch can fan. an 8 to 6 then 6 to 4 and just used 4 inch duct to connect to the bottom of the box.

the other side of the box i just installed a duct vent. it is on the bottom of the box so light doesnt even get a chance to escape and fresh air is constantly being pulled into the box.

there is NO SMELL at all. i have a loft in the top of my garage where i keep the fan and the scrubber...

the plants are doing great and are starting to thrive.

im using the Dutch Master Gold line of nutrients these days... all i can say is DAMNNNNN

later guys -

Mr Danky

Attachments

• IMG00307.jpg
    IMG00307.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG00308.jpg
    IMG00308.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG00309.jpg
    IMG00309.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 46