What's new

Stealth Bookcase?

Lord Doobie

Hey now - Anybody have a stealth bookcase grow link? Not a hidden doorway...an actual grow made into a bookcase?

Lord Doobie

that's not gonna work for me...too obvious
I'm looking for a bookcase grow...fake books on fake shelves
if nothing else, perhaps this thread will spark someone's creativity
maybe be the first and tell us all about it

I've got some other stealth grow concepts that I've never seen done but they deserve their own threads

Lord Doobie

This doesn't have anything to do with a hidden door or passageway if you'll re-read the first post. If I was looking for a hidden passageway, the bookcase would be the very first place I'd look since, as you've found, 99% use bookcases. :joint:

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
if nothing else, perhaps this thread will spark someone's creativity

Yes I read the 1st post, but i was going along the lines of this one.

Ill edit them out.

Hope you find what your lookin for.

Lord Doobie

bound to happen...ha ha...no pun intended
perhaps have a few shelves within reaching distance of real books
a shelf or two that's incomplete and using bookends
you've got 6 feet to play with...

you've got 6 feet ...
:fsu:

no I don't lord doobie I have 2 feet I'm a land mammal!

why not try growing in a fake old piano with the stuff stripped and a new inner lining walls of MDF or something?

Just have the small wooden latch that goes over the piano keys glued down and always over the keys

and no one will be able to open it just like a drawer on a dresser :wink:

or a huge fishtank resting on a custom built box that appears none other than as a fishtank holder (access it in the back):headbange

Lord Doobie

Well, it's a bookscase thread...

Piano?
I play the piano...it wouldn't be good for me to ruin one.
People would want me to play it.
May work well for non-musicians, though.
They're huge and bulky.
You'd have to have 2-3 guys to help you move one.

Fishtank?
First off, you'd have to spend hundreds alone for the tank and fish.
Water is very heavy. What if falls over?
You'd have to figure out someway to access the back.
Probably best to go thru the side with hidden hinges as not to disturb the tank.

Huge pedestals are always cause for suspicion. In another thread here (anti's cd cab or somesuch), even a little old lady wondered why it was so huge...busted!

Well, it's a bookscase thread...

Piano?
I play the piano...it wouldn't be good for me to ruin one.
People would want me to play it.
May work well for non-musicians, though.
They're huge and bulky.
You'd have to have 2-3 guys to help you move one.
true it was just to get people to think of new things, like you started the thread for right?

Fishtank?
First off, you'd have to spend hundreds alone for the tank and fish.
Water is very heavy. What if falls over?
You'd have to figure out someway to access the back.
Probably best to go thru the side with hidden hinges as not to disturb the tank.
negative nancy! hundreds for a tank and fish would be cool, you'd have a beautiful fish tank with beautiful fish!
so the cost is the least affordable part of the project, I'm spitting out ideas here. What if it falls over? what if anyones fishtank falls over?

Huge pedestals are always cause for suspicion. In another thread here (anti's cd cab or somesuch), even a little old lady wondered why it was so huge=busted

we went over this same idea with the bookcase and fake books! whatif a snitch broke in your house? what if this what if that....

Lord Doobie

uh...no...you brought it up and I showed you a creative way around it...try thinking outside the box (non pun intended) instead of ripping what you see on forums

again and again, it's a bookcase thread...you're missing the point

this thread is for a stealth bookcase...if you want to brainstorm other ideas, make your own thread and build on other's ideas...but really, there's nothing new

during a search, LEO rips up everything including walls and confiscates your computer. Now, they can comfortably read about your grow plans.

Be aware that LEO reads these threads, too. They can even bring in dogs that instantly sniff out your grow no matter where you've hidden it.

:joint:

Lord Doobie

OK..where was I?

Does anybody have anything creative to add to this design?
I've a few more ideas about it and would like to see someone build it

Backwoodbudz

BOOK STORE= GODS GIFT TO YOU? your gunna have to ruin a bunch of boox but if you cut all the spines off and glued em together you could run CFLS and rows of single plants under them if you get what im saying

Backwoodbudz

ps you could have the false front of the book case that looks like books but then when you open it it ywould be 9-12 inches deep with levels of flowering plants prolly about 3-4 levels and if you book case is lets say 3 feet wide then you could do single cola clones in like rows of 8? you could even do t-5 instead of clfs if you still dont get what im saying just ask for a sketch

Lord Doobie

yes...I see
very interesting idea Backwoodbudz...very good
sure...you could use superior lights, too, by making it 4 feet wide from the start

Latest posts

Latest posts