What's new

Uber Stealth Bubbleponics CFL White Rhino

High Everyone! Welcome to my grow journal! My names Mia I'll be your thread director for the day. Heres the layout of my uber stealth setup:

Can you figure out where the system is hidden?
5-26-091.jpg

Ta Da! It is completely light tight! The inside is lined with aluminum foil but the dull side so it won't create hot spots.

05-24-093.jpg

Sorry I'm high while writing this so if I am freaking any of you out I must apologize.

My boyfriend and I just finished our last grow which turned out wonderfully and I thought that for our next grow we would show how we did it.

Our system is pretty complicated. We went to our local Home Depot and bought a 22" long 15" wide 1ft deep black toat, I drilled 6 3.75" holes into the top for the net pots. The toat is light tight so no algae will grow in the water. Then we went to Brew & Grow a wonderful little hydroponic store by us and bought:

2ft- 1/2" Irrigation Line
1ft- 1/2" Soft Line
1/2" T-Fitting
10- Woodpecker Spouts (Flow at 2 Gal an hour)
SystemDrawing-1.jpg

05-24-095.jpg

05-24-0931.jpg

Lights:
1- EarthBulb 150W equivalent 2,800 Lumens 5,000 Kelvins
1- EarthBulb 150W equivalent 2,800 Lumens 2,700 Kelvins
3- Feit Electric 100W equivalent 1,600 Lumens 6,500 Kelvins
3- N:Vision 100W equivalent 1,600 Lumens 2,700 Kelvins

I have the veg lights in there right now and I have it on 24/7 just the veg period.

05-25-092.jpg

Air:
The 12" air stone is on 24/7 to oxygenate the water.

Watering:
I have 5 gallons of reverse osmosis water in the toat.
The watering system goes on every 5 1/2 hours for a 1/2 hour.
No nutes for 2 weeks because it can be harmful to the young plants.
I check my PH balance daily to maintain a 5.5 balance.
The plants atmosphere is at a consistent 80 degrees while the waters temperature is at cooling 75 degrees.

So yea that's how our set up works! Now down to the good stuff:

We planted 4 Medical Grade White Rhino seeds on 05/25 at 8:30pm and just 2 days later we saw our first little sprout!

5-27-09potIV.jpg

Then JUST today within a couple of hours when we were out we came home to 2 completely popping out of the Rockwool! 1 is still hiding within but should be here soon. We labeled them so it would be easier to determine which one is which.

05-28-097.jpg

05-28-094.jpg

05-28-093.jpg

05-28-098.jpg

So yea! Stay tuned because it’s only the beginning! I will be updating frequently! Any questions or comments would be most appreciated!

-Mia

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
are you constantly feeding are do you have it on a timer. and what kind of nutes are you using. are you going to use cfls the whole way through.

This system is on a timer every 5.5 hours the timer goes on and waters for 30 mins.
I also have another timer for when the light need to be on 12/12.
The nutes I'm using are Dyna-gro 7/9/5 Veg and Dyna-gro 3/12/6 Bloom
I will use cfl's through the entire grow for a few reasons my limited space, budget, and for this small enclosure cfls are great because they don't create a lot of heat.
IMG_0101.jpg
IMG_0100.jpg
This woodpecker spout is rated 2 GPH of H2O flow, I have 1 of these connected to a feeder tube going to each net pot.
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

Thanks for the questions, Do you have any Topping or FIM methods that are effective?

turbolaser4528

Veteran
clean setup bro i knew it was in the dresser got a dresser grow myself, how did you make the drawers light tight? that was my problem with the dresser grow, light leaks.. looks good though, hope the white rhino works out for you:joint:

I use that foam weather stripping (one sides sticky) for doors or windows. It works out well, if u have any leaks on drawers you don't open or the top edges I would put a strip of duct tape on the inside of the dresser to seal leaks. ~Vince

Air exchange I have a high RPM Processor fan on at all times.
As for Air scrubbing I have a febreze carbon filter that is rated for a 6 foot bubble of odor elimination and is rated for 3-4 months depending on odor strength. I have used this before with my 4 of my Medical White Rhino from veg to harvest, with no odor at all I mean at all you could put your nose and sniff this dresser and be none the wiser. ~Vince

C

cellardweller

As for Air scrubbing I have a febreze carbon filter that is rated for a 6 foot bubble of odor elimination and is rated for 3-4 months depending on odor strength. I have used this before with my 4 of my Medical White Rhino from veg to harvest, with no odor at all I mean at all you could put your nose and sniff this dresser and be none the wiser. ~Vince

can you show a picture of this?

I thought it was in the blue suede shoe, btw..

can you show a picture of this?

laamhaace.jpg

I have tried one of these. I found that it couldn't handle odor very well even in a small enclosed area. It was noisy in operation both directly in the sound of the fan and from the low hum that could be heard outside of the room that it is in due to vibrations being carried along the wall. The fan is composed of a sheet of carbon fabric with a centripetal fan behind it. Nothing high tech.

The Febreze filter might have a use as a secondary odor remover or as a way to mask the noise of something else. Outside of that, save your money for a filter that uses granular activated carbon. It is much more effective due to the larger surface area of granular activated carbon.

System6.jpg

It's works so well and it's silent. We got it at Target for 16 bucks it comes with a carbon filter but you can also buy a 3 pack filters for 10 dollars more even though we haven't had to change it yet. It has a little bar telling you when it needs to be changed. -Mia

laamhaace.jpg

I have tried one of these. I found that it couldn't handle odor very well even in a small enclosed area. It was noisy in operation both directly in the sound of the fan and from the low hum that could be heard outside of the room that it is in due to vibrations being carried along the wall. The fan is composed of a sheet of carbon fabric with a centripetal fan behind it. Nothing high tech.

The Febreze filter might have a use as a secondary odor remover or as a way to mask the noise of something else. Outside of that, save your money for a filter that uses granular activated carbon. It is much more effective due to the larger surface area of granular activated carbon.

That's really weird you say that cause mine is in a very small space with 4 White Rhino plants which are usually very smelly. You could have walked up to the dresser and you wouldn't smell anything. We have it plugged into a power cord and we have never heard it make a noise. -Mia

Alright time for the newest pictures! Day 3!!!

Still no show of plant #1. But I'm not worried!
05-29-092.jpg

05-29-094.jpg

05-29-096.jpg

05-29-095.jpg

I love them at this age. So cute. -Mia

That is really a fantastic job you've done on your cabinet. That was a lot of work so you must be having some fun. I just grew some White Rhino- Nirvana, last year and grew it very badly, but it was still more than good enough for me. That looks like a great start to getting some fine White Rhino buds. Good luck and peace.

Thanks!!! We are looking forward to them! Do you think it was Nirvana's fault that your plants didn't turn out good?

Nirvana's beans owned me on that grow since I was just starting to learn. I will own them next time though, now that I've figured more things out.

This is something I learned recently here. Mr. Nice Seeds has the "original" White Rhino seeds, named Medicine Man I believe, and I'm going to try to own those too one day.

Ah I gotcha. Well defiantly keep me updated if you do get some seeds from Mr. Nice cause I would love to see the way they grow. -Mia

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Nice setup! I'm going to try the febreeze filter. And I like the feed setup you have... Now I see what you mean about the timer for my dwc grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts