What's new

AutoFlowering Outside

I live at 42 degrees north and it is starting to get warmer here. I was thinking about ordering around 10-20 seeds from dr chronic of autoflowering dutch passion. My plan was to get however many 10 inch pots that i would need for each seed. If i use fox farm ocean forest soil can i just plant a seed in each pot and put it outside without vegging it indoors? Also around how long will it take for it to flower and then finish flowering? Is this crop going to be potent?

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
shure you can, but they are started best in a non or less ferted soil. so you could start them in small pots and transplant when they are 5 cm tall or so. autos are around 3 month from seed to bud. consering potens i dunno.

blackone

Veteran
One thing that's important with autoflowers is that you don't get any second chances - if they get rootbound then you don't have a veg period to try and fix the problem so the plants will just end up very very small.
I would make sure to transplant them from the small containers as soon as the roots have grown enough to hold the soil when you take them out - don't let the momentum slow down.

antimatter

Veteran
cold temperatures slow them down drastically and keep them in veg with slow growth, and they require allott of sun.

outdoor in ground or containers or both

outdoor in ground or containers or both

Ive got some autos outside, ive heard from lowlife u shouldnt that some arent suitible for direct ground planting and then read on here some people have much bigger yields doing so, im not a newbie so i understand about soil drainage and all that but my question is this, i want to lower the plants profile, buckets stand out, should i just burry my bucket with my soil blend in the ground or should i just dig a whole and put the dirt and the plant in it, i guess part of my question is, will the differance in dirt and ph ,,etc, run of water affect my plants negitively, i can only imagine that dirt breaths better then plastic. thx mates. :dueling: