What's new

Early spring bud pics

G

I always try to start and flower 3-4 plants so i have some sweet, fresh crystal laden bud to sniff and stare at. This year i started some GWS by Ghs and of course sensi star. 2 pheno's of the star: I started forcing these rascals on April 10 and have about 3 weeks to go, but they smell so good.

Here's the White shark. Very vigorous and a huge yield as you can see. I popped 10 fems, choose the best girl and started cloning her.

picture.php

picture.php

Here's momma. She's out in the field and over 4' tall.

picture.php

2 sensi star pheno's side by side. The one on the left stretches, the one on the right doesn't.

picture.php

the stretchy pheno. Im trying to show the unreal resin production but ive spent all of my time learning and growing weed. Not on photography.

picture.php

The short non stretching pheno

picture.php

I cant be the only pothead here that just cant wait until sept/oct to be sniffing fresh dank bud. Lets see some spring budshots!!!

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
awesome SB
im glad you decided to brake the rule of not compromising security with pictures
but its not that much an extra risk if you just empty camera each time and move them to an usb disc with Drive Crypt or similar encryption of the content

really nice your now also opening up on the pic front to the wealth of you knowledge for us others to enjoy and learn from

btw whats the exact daylight hours at your latitude atm?
where im at 56 northern its still almost 17 hours a day and i havent peaked yet
sun goes up at 0441 and sets at 2135 ( or 9 35 pm )

do you plan to keep them out all day from now or move them back into shade each to keep 12/12 ?

THC123

Veteran
ooh so you are covering them to put them on 12/12 , ok.

Say how do you cope with mold problems when covering the plants from light?

i never did a springharvest cuz i know i am not able to be there every day to put them on 12/12

G

Hey

Im forcing these plants by controlling the light. My lat is 38 ish - appalachia. I think our day length right now seems to be about 14.5 hours, I started the mothers, (each mom was the pick of the litter from a 10 pack of seeds) to these plants in early feb, took a bunch of clones and these are cuttings from those plants. I planted out most of the cuttings but i put these in buckets and forced them so i know what to expect from the others in the field come oct. Vigor, good. Pest - aint seen none. Mould? aint seen none. Flower production, good. Resin crystals, Wee doggies!!

I had a 4th plant. joeys sugarberry, but the damn thing is so potent and tasty that i cut it down and smoked some. I figured i better get some pics up quick. I cant wait til october to harvest those suckers.

These plants are recieving 13 hrs of light. Both outdoor and artificial light. On sunny days, they sit out from 10-4 but spend the early morning and late aft indoor under bulbs. Cloudy days they spend all 13 hrs inside. These were 14" tall when i cut the lights back to 13/11 on April 10. They are about 50 days now. The short ss pheno is faster by more than a week than the other and will be ready in a week. couple of weeks for the other star and the shark needs 3 weeks. She's got big buds but no mould anywhere. Ive started letting dew fall on her for a little test.

hamstring

Veteran
Very nice SB must be nice to have some fresh bud so early this eason. They both look big and tight make sure to deliever the smoke report.

confused

I cant be the only pothead here that just cant wait until sept/oct to be sniffing fresh dank bud. Lets see some spring budshots!!!

You certainly have better skills than me silverback, but I managed about 8 oz of good buds from my harvested springs plants. I still have one plant flowering. I didn't cover them up or bring inside - just let nature work its course (besides me carrying tons of water). I'm somewhere around 30 deg. I haven't smoked much of it because I'm not hard up for nugs just yet, so I want it to cure.

And I made some bubble with the trim. Probably about 2 grams.

Going to go listen to keller williams - spring buds. :smile:

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks very nice :yes:
i almooost did some this spring too :yeahthats
now i wish i had......

wanted to say i bought a pack of JW's SB on your words alone
cannot wait to see whats inside them :yes:

G

Hey hamstring and others
I hope i get 8 confused. YOurs look fragrant.
I make my own dirt THC. Its cheaper and better. I have the recipe for anyone interested. Yes. Organic

picture.php

picture.php

I appreciate all the compliments. The fact is, it doesnt matter how long youve been growing, sometimes they turn out right and sometimes not.

THC123

Veteran
yes of course , i would like to compare your recipe with mine

I like the fact that with soil recipes you only add water and the rest takes care of itself

Do you also make different mixes for young plants , older plants and flowering plants??

the more knowledge the better:yeahthats

btw i would like your input on the lime issue i have with my frisian dew. You can see it in detail in the organics soil department

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123084

thx

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
regarding soil mix
ive mostly used my own mix from peat moss, lime plant bag soil and perlite
but plant bag soil and peat moss is getting low now so ill go into the garden in a spot where i have some really nice, black and very mineral rich and airy soil and start adding that together with some of my super compost soil
the super compost soil is very heavy and concentrated with nutrients and fertilizer so it must be used in smaller doses
it consists of composted plant part, rabbit and a little dog manure, ashes from the fireplace and nitrogen for outdoor peeing when in garden

some heavy stuff i dont think i can use in more than 20% mix but the plants love it

for seedlings i only use un fertilized peat moss and plant bag soil, add 10-20% perlite a few cups of lime and no kompost
that recipe is for a cement mixer blend ( 70-90 liters)

Fast_Pine

Looking great SB...Smoking fresh bud after the winter must be great. Ima have to do a spring crop some day.

I sent you a PM..

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Damn that white shark looks heavy! Nice work Sb. I have a good buddy that gets bud called white shark and it is the frostiest bud I have ever seen produced, totally encrusted with giant trichomes, not much flavor but its not leached. The potency is awsome. Let us know how she turns out enjoy.