What's new

made a mistake in my mix , can i add extra lime?

THC123

Veteran
got a question , when making the 500 liter hole for my frisian i added 2 spoons of lime instead of 4 in the bottom layers of the mix(per 10 liters)(was pretty wasted.

So lets say of the 500 liters about 150-200 has the right ime content , the rest has 2 spoons instead of 4

The plant is now in soil and it grows fine , but it just doesn't look like a plant in the same mix with 4 spoons of lime.

I did however add the 4 spoons in the upper half(i noticed at that point)

So could i manually add a bit of lime on top or would this be dangerous considering i DID add enough lime in the UPPER layer

grtz

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hard to say. I'd say hold off a few to see how things look, you don't want to over lime.

Lime isn't fast acting unless it says "fast acting" like hydrated lime. Therefore it's a good idea to cook yer mix with lime for several weeks to a month before you plant.

THC123

Veteran
yeah the mix has been fermentating for a few months before i put the plant in.

I guess it's better to wait then , i mean it is growing fine

Let me show you what i mean

Both plants have exactly the same soil build up and mix , frisian has 500 liters , gg has 65 liters(and of course the native soil) , but the frisian has'nt got the lime i normally use for my recipe(except in top layer)

img17386035938.jpg

nice symmetrical and shiny

img17366010859.jpg

well different texture some clawy fingers not so nice.

I got another frisian dew in the right mix on location and it has leaves just like the GG , i mean texture and looks wise

She is growing fine but i always want everything to be 100%

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Looks pretty damn good to me. I had to look twice to see what you're talking about. You may have to water slightly above your normal pH if the lime runs out late in flower. Looking good.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would leave it be - looks great

who knows, the worms might have mixed it for you ;)

J

JackTheGrower

Looks good and I'm not up on the mix in question but could it use a little Epsom salts in a watering?

Just asking.

maryjohn

Veteran
you know, I got a bonide product from the half off bin labeled "liquid bone meal". I wonder if that could stave off any calcium problems, or if it would just wash away with the rain.

probably gilding the lily though, judging by your plants. Are you finding any earthworms? Good numbers of earthworms are a sure sign of enough lime.

THC123

Veteran
Thx for the feedback guys

oooh yes there are rainworms in it.

i just fell the mix was a bit imbalanced but i guess it will have to do

@jack neverh heard of these salts

@maryjohn they already have bone meal in the flowering mix.