What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lost my entire grow - outdoors 2009 is a dud

H

h^2 O

fuck
Went to check on the 60+ babies/clones I had planted, and all but ONE had been chewed to shit by mice or some other piece of crap animal. Only plant that was left was one of the clones - either a socal masterkush or a purple kush. It's doing well (was chewed too) and slapped Treekote all over the trunk so it will taste like ass to any little bastards. Damn it man. Well at least I have a cool California-grown girl going good on the east coast. But that's it. Shit sucks man. Just started a bunch of schwag beans, no cash for anything from the boutique.
So I lost -
a huge unknown sativa
a nice 1' clone (either a purple kush or socal masterkush)
about 12 lemon skunk
about 20 afghani from boutique
4-5 Mazar freebies from boutique
10 or so morocxafghani
dozens of unknown headies
I would have had like 30 pounds this fall. Now I'm looking at a few ounces.

pack a bowl

growing them indoors for a month or 3 is a must... putting pussy plants out their get chewed up like the fresh meat they are.

H

h^2 O

growing them indoors for a month or 3 is a must... putting pussy plants out their get chewed up like the fresh meat they are.
dude they were all at least 3 months old. One was started xmas (the sativa). Total fucking loss.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
30 pounds !!! :chin:
well bummer you lost your grow, next time fewer plants and better preparation EH ?

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Well, whatever the root cause it still sux donkey ballz....:fsu:

Man, with all those top-notch seeds you could have gotten two hookers off of craigs list for back-to-school night :nanana:

H

h^2 O

i think there's still plenty of time to get something else out there and decent yields...need to wait until I get paid and then I'll order some more indica stuff from boutique

It really takes some chemical warfare to keep the critters at bay. Nasty stuff, things that are hard to come buy. Poison seems to do the trick, it's not organic but hey....what is so fair about them eating your plants?

I prefer tobacco, nicotine can drop any creature. Pure nicotine, it's a nerve agent. Drops humans as well, there are some other strange natural toxins. Probably some datura mixed in with some meat, might get neat!

tragic..I've had similar luck when mongoose' chowed my whole outdoor crop of 250 seed plants 3 weeks into the season. It set me back but I went out and got a couple trays of clones, veg' them for a couple of weeks and put them out in early July. Damn mongooses we'll eat anything green and tender

CaptainTrips

Yeah it sucks. You plant food, animals eat them... don't poison them, that is not cool at all. And as for fair, if hes gorilla growing, hes growing plants in their house, so if you don't take any/much precautions, its really to be expected.

confused

It would literally take an army of mice to eat 60, three month old plants. An army.

I grew 20 spring plants indoor for a month then put them outside. I highly doubt an army of mice could have eaten them all.

Please don't beg. It is unattractive.

H

h^2 O

It would literally take an army of mice to eat 60, three month old plants. An army.

I grew 20 spring plants indoor for a month then put them outside. I highly doubt an army of mice could have eaten them all.

Please don't beg. It is unattractive.
yeah everything was about a foot tall...and it's obviously a rodent of some type, but don't know what. Rats? Skunkape? Like the foliage was untouched, pure trunk eating like a beaver