What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Climbinghigh's Creekside Garden 09

Well here it is, Finally the growing season has begun! While I waited for the snow to melt I started some plants to take clones from and make seeds with, and a few others to plant outside.

Most of what is going outside is Greens' C99 x GG, and Manitoba Medicine, and Breeder Brad's Smokes-A-Lot mix, from UDG.
Also started some seeds of my own crosses, C-plus F2s and C-plus x Speed Queen. May also put out GHS Cheese and kush bagseed clones (if they root).

Its my first time sprouting seeds onsite, and a bear or something turned the tub I had them in upside down, so only eight out of 27 survived. A week ago I started 17 more, for a total of 25. I also planted 3 little plants- 1 Manitoba Med and 2 SAL mix, though I think one of those is also Man Med. Pics comin soon (;

thanks Chefboy, I need all the luck I can get to keep the critters from destroying my efforts. Heres some pics of my rain barrels that I left out over the winter. I think a bear chewed through the bottom of one of them to get to ice/water that was in it. i had issues last year with a bear knocking over my rain barrels when it got dry. I guess I'll try leaving them open, with no lid so that the bear can get a drink and hopefully not knock them over. Any suggestions for bear-proofing?

I hauled one of them out of there, but I might make a big container experiment with the other- too many holes in it to hold water.

technine

Sorry bro, I can't help you out with your bear dilemma, haven't had to deal with them yet.
Nice selection though. I will be running the C99 x GG this year along with Boreal Freezeland and the SAL mix.
Can't wait for the pics, good luck!

thanks for stopping by Technine. I'm excited to see the C99 x GG grow. Ive wanted some Cindy genetics for a while, and what Ive seen of the Guerilla gold looks great. Ive got a male C99 x GG inside that I will use to make some crosses- probably with an auto flowering Manitoba Medicine that I kept inside to make MM f2s.
Any ways heres some pics these are Man Med and 2 SAL mix

heres the little ones that survived the bear attack and some new ones. Most of these will be put in a seed plot further up the creek.
I'll get out this weekend to check em out and take more pics. Peace.:joint:

Good luck with ur grow climbing, they looking great to me..ive asked this on a few other post but havnt gotten a response..u or anyone else ever tried the alaskan ice outdoor? im new to the strain..any input will help..thanks and stay safe Toker

thanks Toker, sorry I can't help you with any info on Alaskan Ice- I think its one of GH Seed's newer strains isn't it? You could try a search or check the Outdoor strain guide. I saw that you started a thread of your own- good luck with those Alaskan Ice.

Yes it is climbing dont think its been out over 6 months, ive only found info on outdoor 4 them..thanks and same to u. . was wondering as u can see in the pics on the A.I thread. there are leaves, to serve as mulch in the 2-3 gallon containers, they are only 1/2 full of soil with leaves on top of the dirt for mulch.they were watered good when tansplanted 5 days ago. have had no rain since. been nice sunny 70-80 deg, they get 6+ hrs of sun a day. the dirt is still moist. planning there second 1/2 strength dose of 20-20-20 mirical grow. but didnt cause there still wet, but not soaked..they look fine, should 1 wait and feed when they dry out sum? will it cause the roots to grow better when they do dry out? or shud 1 go ahead and feed, using a premium potting soil.also it is helping on not having to water cept maybe 1-2 a week now.maybe u or sumone else with some exp. can advise us on this..thanks and stay safe Toker

[THIS OR ANY POST MADE UNDER THIS I.D IS FICTIONAL!!!!!!]

Last edited:
Update Time!

Update Time!

Hello fellow IC'ers! Well I finally got chance to sit down and upload some photos. Iv'e been busy looking after the little ones.:canabis:

Besides the two SAL mix and one Mantitoba Medicine plants, I now have 20 seedlings growing- 8 that survived the bear attack and 12 new ones that just came up. Theres also four more that I'm waiting for to pop up.
Heres some pics of the 3 older plants- The Manitoba Med looks pretty bad, I don't know if it got sunburned/dried out, or if its nute-burn from too much Neem seed meal. I think it will recover but its also autoflowering so it probably wont yield much anyway. Well here it is...
:fsu:
heres the SAL mix plants, showing a little "burn" but much better than the MM
and the other SAL mix which looks like the MM to me.
heres a strange seedling that grew a pair of three leaflets right after the cotyledons
thsi seedling has the hariest cotyledons Ive seen-pic doesn't do it justice.

and a shot of my new rain barrel, I decided to tie to a tree in hopes that the bear wont knock it over. Its been very dry here, but today were finally getting some rain and this is looking out at the plot.

I started 40 seeds on Memorial Day at a spot a couple hours south of the Creekside Garden. Its a tiny Island in a boggy/pond area, I plant on the south shore. It was the first place I successfully grew herb outside at. My clones got swamped out last year there, so I'm hoping seedlings will fare better. I planted 4 seeds in each of the ten holes I dug last year- real good dirt in them. I figure one out of four seeds should give me a female, and if not, its not a big $ loss cause these are seeds I made indoors last year with a stinky C-Plus male.
Theres C-Plus x Mandarin, C-Plus x Speed Queen(have some of these in creekside garden), and C-Plus x Afghan and Moroc

heres some pics of "The Island" from 07- bagseed orange bud and white skunk
As always, questions comments or suggestions are welcome:joint:
Peace,
Climbinghigh

Hey there,
I'm back with an update.
First off, I went to my Island Plot and happily had 27 out of 44 seeds sprout. There was only one hole where none were growing cause it got too dry. I watered them all a little and left. Then of course, we get lots of rain the next two days. I'll keep an eye on them, top-dress with some guano in a week, and look for males later in July- should be fun!
Heres some boring seedling pics, but it will be a good comparison for later photos, when they start growing more.

I'll put up pics soon, of the seedlings and the 3 bigger plants at the Creekside Garden :monkeyeat

:abduct:I'm back again friends:yoinks:

And now for the exciting conclusion to my latest update:

heres pics form the Creekside Garden
the Manitoba Med, looking better

one SAL mix...

and the other SAL mix..

and like last year, I'm gonna sneek in some wildlife shots now and then, when I see something unexpected-or special. Its these wild encounters that make me love guerilla gardening so much.:joint:

I finally got to to see the bear that destroyed my rain barrels- bastard!:mad:

Peace and happy growing.

Whoa I'm high,:1help:
I totally spaced on the seedling pics from the Creekside,
:laughing:
These were taken a few days ago, here we go

not too shabby, they're all growing nicely. I gave the 8 older ones a little mexi bat guano in thier cups- the rain the past two days helped to wash it in.:woohoo:
Peace.

Bobby M

dude, i totally got f*cked by a bear this season too. didn't hurt any of my plants, fortunately, just tossed my soil that i had mixed all over the countryside before i got the chance to plant in it. i'm glad i took everyone's advice and left the soil out for a couple weeks before planting though, cause it would've been ugly. still wasted a shit ton of my soil mix though. i guess i shouldn't complain though, i am trespassing on their neighborhood. so it goes.

Hey Bobby, sorry to hear the bears are messin with ya too. I got inventive last year with deterrents involving marshmallows filled with hot sauce and peanut butter covered balloons filled with cayenne pepper. Nothing could keep that bear away from my rain barrels- then it bit holes in them.
So this year I'm going to try to share with the bear by providing easy access to water- with open barrels/bins and more of them, so that it wont have to knock them over to get a drink.
Its really their house and I should be a gracious guest.

jeremy19

don't got any bears here but got everything else. your girls look good. most of mine ran out of water or bugs did them in so far. cool to see what I'm working towards. i like the marshmallows with hot sauce and the balloon trick but you said it didn't phase it. you could also buy some ipecac and mix it with something delicious dog food. have a puking bear in the woods. or mix in a bunch of alcaseltzer and give him bad stomeache. go to the dark side as d. Cheney would say.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
awesome bro, your working hq genetics for shure!

please dont be eaten by bears!

Haha, thank for the tip Jeremy but I think I'm gonna have to work out some sort of agreement with this bear, its better Karma in the long run- and Dickface Cheney's side sure ain't my side.

Esbe, its an honor sir, I've been lurkin around your garden now and then- talk about quality genetics, and in a nice tidy garden. I hope I don't drool too much on any Red haired Sonjas.
No worries about the bear, I've got good intentions and if that doesn't work- bear mace.
I have some but have hardly ever carried it to my plots- might start this year.

Man I've been drinkin this forty and thinkin...wouldn't it be cool to train this bear to guard my plot from other animals in exchange for water and food? Thats the best partner I could have, it could even help me haul in dirt, right? And couldn't say a word to anybody.:chin:

Ha! Thanks for stopping by folks

jakezking

Climbinghigh, that's some funny shit about training the bear to be your plot guard animal! That would be a trip - yeah you wouldn't have any more plot problems, but the costs of your operation would probably go sky high as the costs to feed a bear must be insane!

Glad to see all of your plants doing well in the great outdoors. I agree with you that a sweet benefit of growing outdoors is that it brings you closer to nature - not only physically but mentally - very peaceful and calming.

Be good out there, and continued good luck!

regulate

i love guerilla trips through the countryside so much to see in nature..
keep them creekside pictures comin they're lovely
peace