What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where's the Light Deprivation Experts at?

mister c

Why is there not a thread dedicated to light dep....it seems to be an uncommon practice?

But if you can pull an extra crop or two out during the season, why not?

My first question is....do you take twilight hours into account? And what is the rule of thumb for figuring out exactly when to put that blackout tarp on?

Thanks people!

badmf

I cover in the mornings for a few hours, uncover and let it run until dark. Cover before Sun up. There is no Sunrise or Sunset, as the Earth moves around the Sun, lol its daybreak and dark, lol. This has been since "we" thought the Earth was the center of the Universe, anyways...:off2: Alarm goes off I make the run take a nap until time to uncover, or do maintenence etc. The day is free and no choppers around that early. :joint:

kurdunkle

Why is there not a thread dedicated to light dep....it seems to be an uncommon practice?

But if you can pull an extra crop or two out during the season, why not?

My first question is....do you take twilight hours into account? And what is the rule of thumb for figuring out exactly when to put that blackout tarp on?

Thanks people!

Twilight hours are considered lights on hours. You just want to replicate a 12/12 light cycle. You can find alot of info about light dep under pointsetta cultivation. Light cycle and flowering conditions are similar.

FYI four crops or more per year are possible if you tarp a few of them.

k.

mister c

Yeah...thanks for pointing it out uptown. lol... Damn, your even hella cool with your lingo. Deppin....light years ahead homie.

I guess it is pretty much self explanatory. Make it 12/12. Just thought people might have a few good pointers. Thanks for the responses doods.

light years ahead have a light beer instead

and y not a thread? cause they too busy workin them feilds boss...
probably gpt ,ultiples out with the johnny depped ones comin in about now
good luck and good harvest to all you busy providers, ill be waiting for the tasty array to come my way