What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gnome's 400W HPS LR #1 48 females

krazycure

I'm glad I kept track of this grow so well, gives me a opportunity to show new LR/AF Hybrids growers how well you can produce using AF strains and how fast you can do it. Any clone/Non-AF strain can't compare to the speed of growth with most AF strains,, but there are some AF strains coming out that are a bit longer ,, but that is another topic.

I will make sure I take the complete dry weight of this crop to show all those people that say that LR doesn't yield good. LR can yield very well if grown correctly, and most AF strain will do the same if not better. People are always afraid of what is new and what they don't understand,, thus the reason LR and its hybrids get so much bashing, but all that is ill founded as they don't know the truth. My LR#1 is quite a bit different from the Original you could get from JD. I have worked with this strain for years trying to make it the best it can be and here are some results.

Setup, 100% Organic.
400watt HPS (can use a 600watt HPS for even better results)
4x4 Ft space,, the plants actually only cover 40 in x 30 in area.
5.5 in x 5.5 in square grow pots
Filtered tap water.
Fish Emulsion
Fox Farm Peace of Mind dry fertilizer mixed in soil at planting/transplanting.
Superthrive, after sexing.
All natural pure Molasses, last 4-5 weeks of growth.

Planted on Jan. 18th. Harvest. March 15. = Total growth period from seed to harvest 58days. The could have been cut down at day 50 but I like a more down relaxed heavy stone from them and you will get that if you let them go 56-63 days.

Here are the pics.

Pic1. One hour before the Chop!
Pic2. another pic before harvest.Pic3. NICE Yield TOP buds!
Pic4. Soda can for scale.. nice size buds but they can get bigger if not so crowded.
Pic5. Some side buds not quite done yet ,, need 3-5 days more.
Pic6. What kind of LowRyder are you smoking???

Please feel free to ask questions.

I will update with yield data soon! I think there is over 1 Pound all together. If that is true that would be over 1 gram per watt and that is Par or Better than with most NON-AF strains I have seen.

Peace Gnomes

I don't think I ever said total yield, it was around 415grams ,, not including all of the small buds in Pic5 that was about another 30g and stuff I had already smoked.

So lets get a good break down of yield/cost/time/plant... etc...

48 Females = 415g = 8.6g per plant Average.

415g / 400Watt HPS = 1.03g per watt (but remember there is room in there for 64 females under the same light, so it would be much higher under FULL conditions. just to give you an idea,, using the 8.6g per plant average,, a FULL condition grow would pull, =550.4g = 1.37g per watt!

but just to be fair most people would average around 7g in such TIGHT spacing conditions, but that would still be 64 females at 7g = 448g ,,= 1.12g per watt. All in less then 60days.

Now, when given a larger pot LR#1 can get a bit bigger and average around 10-14g per plant, BUT it is harder to ensure they will average a higher yield when given more space. It is better to have more Smaller plants that will yield reliably instead of having fewer larger plants that might not perform the way you want them to.

Cost of construction about 300$ so you get over a pound in full conditions in 2 months for about 300$. And so on.... until you get so sick of having so much bud piling up everywhere you just stop growing... yeah right!

The numbers don't lie, LR#1 is HIGH yielding in the correct conditions. These numbers apply to a lot of the NEW AF Hybrids coming out lately too. I just hope more people realize the true potential of AFs as they are the future.

To tell you the truth, it is all about how you feed and water them. The way I see it ,, plants enjoy FRESH food and water everytime they get hungry. So what I do is this,, here is my complete feeding program for the 5.5" x 5.5" square 1gallon pots.

First I plant in 16oz plastic cups , leave them in there until they show sex.
During this time I use a very airy soil, with lots of perlite,, at least 30%. the young roots need the air and space to grow fast.,,and feed them only HALF STRENGTH Fish emulsion, 5-1-1, 2 days after they sprout. Fish emulsion has an huge amount of trace elements and such that super charge root growth and vegging speed. This feeding goes in every other time I water.

But here is the secret,, I FLUSH with it instead of feeding with it. I Flush every time I feed. I wash out all of the waste and salt build ups and everything bad for the plants that builds up in the soilless mix.

The very day they show sex they get transplanted in to the 5.5" square pots,, the soil is the same as of above BUT I use a complete dry organic fert that is mixed into the soil as directed. But I also start feeding them with Full Strength Fish Emulsion. 2 times a week, or every other watering which ever comes first. Up to 7 days before harvest. But don't just feed them FLUSH them with it, at least 400-500mL excess runoff out of each pot. I also start using SuperThrive, at 1/4 tsp per gallon for the first week of flowering NEVER USE IT BEFORE SEXING!!, and then move it up to 1 tsp per gallon, until 7 days before harvest.

It takes a large amount of water to grow like this so if you don't have a drain or easy water supply don't do it. This transplant acts like steroids for the plants that show little to no transplant shock and explode in growth. They get to there finishing size over the next 2weeks. and then just start to fill out.

By week 4-5 I start adding Pure Mild All Natural Unsulphured Molasses. The reason for the use of MILD ,compared to Dark or BlackStrap, is the fact that it contains the most sugar content. These sugars can be absorbed by the plant and used as energy instead of having to convert the fertilizers into sugars for use,, so it is like free food energy that the plant can use and increase growth in other areas as it has the extra energy to do so. And IMO, I feel it also aids the plant in processing the available ferts more efficiently and adds to the flavor of the end product. oh ya, at 1 table spoon per gallon of water. And at 7 days before harvest I only water with plain water and a little bit of Molasses (1/2 tbs per gal.) as its final flush. I use the Molasses during the final flush just because I feel that it gives the plant the clean free energy to burn up all the stored newts inside the leaves and roots to become the best end product it can be.

So there you go ,, try it, it is very simple as long as you have a way to drain and supply the amount of water you will need. I use a water wand and a 15gallon tub with a nice water pump,, watering / feeding flush only takes me about 30mins for all those plants,, forget hand watering with cans or crap that is just not practical. So basically you could call it a Organic Soiless Mix/Hydroponic hybrid setup. It is the easiest way that I have found for growing good buds,, and for that matter anything indoors.

As you can see the results are real and you can use small pots to maximize you growing area, and not lose yield OR quality.

krazycure

One of the few posts to survive HB, this grow was documented and survives here for future's sake. Anyone who doubts what even ORIGINAL lowryder can do, let alone the many hybrids, should use this as a guideline. It is fundamental, undeniable proof of the plausibility of all-AF growrooms.

I

IceColdCrickets

HOLY CRAP!!! KC you rock man! I thought I lost all my work/pics when HB went down,,, anyway, that is awesome you saved all that stuff man,, thanks for posting that info here, maybe it will help some growers come to the AF movement.

ICC

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
KC that was awsome brother :D

i agree that if you used maybe slightly bigger pots and had em spaced apart more you could of got the same yield with less plants.. have you tried this with LR#2 most of my work i use the LR#2 as i find grows a litte stronger than the LR#1 and the yield is slightly up even if it is slightly..

i learnt alot from this mate how many ltr is 5.5'' pot bro

i have got close to 40 autos out atm most of em being LR# :D it is winter here in aust and i am doing em out side so mainly using half for seeds and the rest for some smoko if i get close to 8 - 12 grams ill be wrapped considering summer they average easy 30+ grams

i have serisouly leart alot from this looking at starting an indoor grow soon and will base it on your measurments and lighting.. except might go the 1000water ;)

rep coming your way

I

IceColdCrickets

KC that was awsome brother :D

i agree that if you used maybe slightly bigger pots and had em spaced apart more you could of got the same yield with less plants.. have you tried this with LR#2 most of my work i use the LR#2 as i find grows a litte stronger than the LR#1 and the yield is slightly up even if it is slightly..

i learnt alot from this mate how many ltr is 5.5'' pot bro

i have got close to 40 autos out atm most of em being LR# :D it is winter here in aust and i am doing em out side so mainly using half for seeds and the rest for some smoko if i get close to 8 - 12 grams ill be wrapped considering summer they average easy 30+ grams

i have serisouly leart alot from this looking at starting an indoor grow soon and will base it on your measurments and lighting.. except might go the 1000water ;)

rep coming your way

No, LR#2 hasn't been run, yet. Good luck on your outdoor crop.

The reason that 5.5 in square pots (3.785 ltr) are used ,, they fit inside the trays that where used. 10 x 20 inch trays (8 pots per tray), that are hooked up to a drain to catch all the water that is run through them. These are inexpensive and I wanted to show how you can start this under 300$. With a larger investment you can easily use a hydro grow tray and use bigger pots, 8-12 liter sqaure pots can be used for maximum growth, but it is strain dependent. But like i said before sometimes it is better to pack them in like this because of the yeild being mostly in the main top bud on most AFs when the side branching yeilds little. This is totally strain dependent and only works with certain AFs that will stay the average size of LR. Bigger AFs could use bigger pots. But, you dont know how they will perform unless run through. There is a leaning cure to each strain, but this is a good guide on how to start them, make all the adjustments you need to make it work for you. Well, that I just wanted to show people that the yield potencial of AFs is there, just got to grow them in the correct setup.

ICC :joint:

ICC

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
No, LR#2 hasn't been run, yet. Good luck on your outdoor crop.

The reason that 5.5 in square pots (3.785 ltr) are used ,, they fit inside the trays that where used. 10 x 20 inch trays (8 pots per tray), that are hooked up to a drain to catch all the water that is run through them. These are inexpensive and I wanted to show how you can start this under 300$. With a larger investment you can easily use a hydro grow tray and use bigger pots, 8-12 liter sqaure pots can be used for maximum growth, but it is strain dependent. But like i said before sometimes it is better to pack them in like this because of the yeild being mostly in the main top bud on most AFs when the side branching yeilds little. This is totally strain dependent and only works with certain AFs that will stay the average size of LR. Bigger AFs could use bigger pots. But, you dont know how they will perform unless run through. There is a leaning cure to each strain, but this is a good guide on how to start them, make all the adjustments you need to make it work for you. Well, that I just wanted to show people that the yield potencial of AFs is there, just got to grow them in the correct setup.

ICC :joint:

ICC

heheheh so you and crazy cure are one of the same :)

krazycure

No, I was only able to save about 4 threads from HB before it went down, this incredible grow above being one of them. I re-posted it here because I thought it would be of interest, but I certainly didn't do this grow or log myself.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, I was only able to save about 4 threads from HB before it went down, this incredible grow above being one of them. I re-posted it here because I thought it would be of interest, but I certainly didn't do this grow or log myself.

I take a lot of that guilt on my back there at the end. I should have done more or better yet something about saving that info. As I was pretty sure it was going to be shut down after MD and then I left.

S_a_H

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I PM'd admin to get them to sticky this thread its one of the best if not the nest at showing just what can be done with this strain.

S_a_H

Very nice, I caught on to this trend a while back, just done with my seed run, start a perpetual grow under a 400 to harvest 16 plants per 14 days. It is going to be awesome, just harvested first round and it was so much fun. These plants are so cool to watch and like picking parents and stuff. These are fun as hell. I reccomend them for anyone, but especially people trying to learn. There is a lot of good that these can bring.

Peace/Love/Joy

Napster1

Damn Krazycure .. . Nice grow. .. You put 48 plants in 4x4ft grow room???Can't wait to hear what the total dry weight is. . I got a 10x10 grow room, im thinking of picking up about some 20ish seeds more of LR#2xAK-47(I have 10 right now)and do some experimenting. . .

Latest posts

Latest posts