You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Goodbye to perpetual

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Goodbye to perpetual Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2009, 03:35 AM #1
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
Goodbye to perpetual

Just put a bunch of plants under my 600W - for the first time in more than a year I'm just doing a normal grow instead of perpetual. Keeping track of different feeding schedules got old - and like this I'm in a better position to fight the damn thrips because I can give them pyrethrum now while they're vegging.

Pics to come before flower.
blackone is offline Quote

Old 05-05-2009, 08:10 PM #2
maryjane2029

maryjane2029 is on a distinguished road
I am doing a perpetual grow with autos, but I am just in the starting stages, seed run right now, and then will start the perpetual, but did you run into any other problems other than feeding that I should be aware of? I plan to have a few buckets of nutes, with different strengths. I do hempy buckets so hand watering. But like 1 bucket will have flowering nutes, one veg nutes, and then mix up different strengths if I need them for special circumstances. What do you think?

Anyways, pulling up a chair for this one. Stay Safe.

Peace/Love/Joy
maryjane2029 is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 12:10 AM #3
MrMcBean

MrMcBean will become famous soon enoughMrMcBean will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjane2029 View Post
I am doing a perpetual grow with autos, but I am just in the starting stages, seed run right now, and then will start the perpetual, but did you run into any other problems other than feeding that I should be aware of? I plan to have a few buckets of nutes, with different strengths. I do hempy buckets so hand watering. But like 1 bucket will have flowering nutes, one veg nutes, and then mix up different strengths if I need them for special circumstances. What do you think?

Anyways, pulling up a chair for this one. Stay Safe.

Peace/Love/Joy
Sorry to hijack here but i just wanted to say real quick that Autoflower strains are not very economical.. You will need 24 hrs of light to get the same yields other strains produce under 12 hours in the exact same amount of time.. (given you use cuttings..) I recommend getting a decent mother, and use cuts for perpetual growing.. and put those seeds ur making outdoors ..

best of luck to all here
MrMcBean is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 03:39 AM #4
JQP
Comfortably numb

JQP will become famous soon enoughJQP will become famous soon enoughJQP will become famous soon enough
I mix my nutes up for the different stages in clear plastic water gallon containers, and label them with a sharpie. I also have two grow spaces and just keep what I am using in each grow space (.e., veg or flower). That also keeps the nute solution a nice temp. Things are pretty simple for me right now, but that is going to change soon, and I need to keep track.

JQ
JQP is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 03:40 AM #5
magiccannabus
Next Stop: Outer Space!

magiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nicemagiccannabus is just really nice
I do perpetual organics, and I don't worry about feeding schedules. I just feed them whenever, and feed them nice safe compost tea that doesn't overdose them.

My Grow Diary(finished)

T-8 only grow cab, taking shoplights to the extreme(finished)

"This coir smells so good I'm having a growgasm!" - Me
magiccannabus is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 12:17 PM #6
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
Thanks for the comments people. Today is day 1 12/12 and I'll see if I can get some more pics up - been slacking on the pic side lately.
Actually I've been procrastinating with my grow in general - and also been punished for it in terms of yield... Spent more time reading about growing and thinking about other systems than actually DOING something with what's on hand...
Back on track now though Got a nice full closet and a bunch of beautiful clones that I just need to treat really well to ensure a bumper harvest for my next grow.
I've got a couple of weeks to make up my mind: Is it gonna be coco next time, hydro, or dirt as usual...
It's that simple really - as Julian put it so nicely: WHAT you can, WHEN you can. Right now it's all about not forgetting to water, keeping an eye on the clones every day and making up my mind pretty fast about what to do with them.
blackone is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 04:51 PM #7
Cappy

Cappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura aboutCappy has a spectacular aura about
I did a perpetual harvest for 3-4 years before I got my 600 HPS cabinet. I so miss doing it today. With hindsite, it's my favorite way of growing once it's all dialed in...
Cappy is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 AM #8
sodank

sodank is on a distinguished road
just seeing how this works, as you guys can see this is my first post.

Blackone ur work is admired
sodank is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 06:46 AM #9
sodank

sodank is on a distinguished road
what is the specs/setup of ur veg chamber??
sodank is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2009, 06:57 AM #10
razor ridge

razor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nicerazor ridge is just really nice
I have to grow perpetual or I can't keep myself in smoke. Had great results with scrog but could never harvest enough to last until the next one was ready. I harvest 3 or 4 plants every couple of weeks. Works well, always have a little never have alot, and the smoke is always something a bit different...