Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Lucas from NORMAL dry nutes?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Lucas from NORMAL dry nutes? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2009, 08:48 AM #1
_Dude

_Dude has disabled reputation
Lucas from NORMAL dry nutes?

Anyone here blend Lucas from dry nutes they can pick up at Wal-Mart or other normal stores?

I'd like to sever all ties to non-normal businesses.
_Dude is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 AM #2
dongle69

Gh Maxi Bloom is Lucas in dry form.
I have seen it in many "normal" stores.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:54 AM #3
a6grow

a6grow is on a distinguished road
I've been searching and some have said GH dry Lucas Formula is 1-1 or 2-1 of Maxigrow/Maxibloom, and some have even mentioned the additional use of KoolBloom. Is Maxibloom all I really need? It can't hurt to get both Maxigrow+Maxibloom, comboing them would be better, yea? Planning on getting both, but not interested in getting a 3rd (KoolBloom). Full strength from seedling to harvest?? Any suggestions?
a6grow is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2009, 11:59 AM #4
dongle69

MaxiBloom is Lucas formula all by itself without adding anything.

7 grams/gal:
N 92
P 121
K 215
Mg 65
S 74
Ca 92

Old 06-02-2009, 12:17 PM #5
a6grow

a6grow is on a distinguished road
Yo dongle!
So I should be good with just MaxiBloom, 7 grams/gal from seedling to harvest? No other nutes/additives? Do you have experience with using just Maxibloom solely? I checked out your awesome grows and I believe you use BioBizz & FloraNova. I'm a newbie, planning on hempy buckets and just want to purchase the dry nutes by the pound cuz I figure that will be more lowkey instead of always having to buy more nutes.
a6grow is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 PM #6
dongle69

The gram amount is approximate.
Normally you would use what gets you 1.8-2.0 ec.
I'm not familiar with hempy buckets, though.
I have used MaxiBloom quite a bit, even before I knew it was Lucas in dry form.
Currently I am using MaxiBloom with Floralicius Plus, but you can use the Maxi all alone and have great results.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:55 PM #7
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

delta9nxs is a name known to alldelta9nxs is a name known to alldelta9nxs is a name known to alldelta9nxs is a name known to alldelta9nxs is a name known to alldelta9nxs is a name known to alldelta9nxs is a name known to alldelta9nxs is a name known to alldelta9nxs is a name known to alldelta9nxs is a name known to alldelta9nxs is a name known to all
hey, dude!

i haven't said that for awhile! if you are going to use dry nutes stick with proven hydro brands. the brands you see in wally's, home depot, lowes, etc. are not designed for hydro. the biggest difference is in the type of nitrogen contained. most contain nitrogen in the form of ammonium nitrite (nh4) and urea, which must be converted by biological action to nitrate (no3) form before the plants can use it. all the designated hydro ferts are nitrate to begin with. immediate and highly mobile uptake. read labels. also, even though companies like gh claim they are making general purpose nutes for any plant, they know full well that the largest market for their products are cannabis growers. good luck
delta9nxs is offline Quote

Old 12-05-2009, 10:59 PM #8
_Dude

_Dude has disabled reputation
Thanks delta, I guess I'll stick with stuff designed for hydro.

A lot of people here say Maxi-bloom is Lucas, I disagree. I don't want to get into a pissing contest or anything, and I could be wrong, but I used a nute calculator and plugging in the numbers for Maxi-Bloom and Maxi-Grow I came up with 2 parts Grow and 1 part Bloom to make Lucas. All I know is my plants love it. For all I know they love your mix too, so party on I says.

Quote:
Full strength from seedling to harvest??
I think a lot of folks worry too much about ramping up the dosage to full (I think a lot of folks worry too much about lots of shit, in my experience growing is EZ). I clone in plain water, and once they have roots they go right into full strength (1300 PPMs but my water's 250 PPMs right out of the tap). Sometimes I give em a week with half strength but I've never noticed a diff either way.
_Dude is offline Quote

Old 12-06-2009, 03:24 AM #9
slowandeasy

slowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of lightslowandeasy is a glorious beacon of light
Clones are different than seeds, dont use full strength that fast with seedlings. Start low until the roots develope. Overfeeding seedlings is a common mistake.
slowandeasy is offline Quote

Old 12-06-2009, 04:28 AM #10
Hydro-Soil
Banned

Hydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud ofHydro-Soil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongle69 View Post
MaxiBloom is Lucas formula all by itself without adding anything.

7 grams/gal:
N 92
P 121
K 215
Mg 65
S 74
Ca 92
'Cause that's it, Baby!
Hydro-Soil is offline Quote