What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green_Thumb's Terrarium Project

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
This is my first diary, So LLLETSSS GO!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Well to start off I got this 6.5ft tall x 4.5ft round terrarium from a friend so I figure hmmmm I should throw my TrainWreck mother in there with a 600W HPS and scrog It!!!

So here goes, I just got the poly up and the light re hung :joint::joint: and I still have a few things to get such as a high cfm fan for exhaust I plan to use 1 or 2 pc power supplies with about 10 to 15 pc fans at the bottom for intake, I also need to build a stand tor the planter tub I have the TW in.

if any of you have any ideas that might :1help: ,please feel free to toss in some:2cents: .

I got this TW as a clone it was about 7in tall I took pix since I got It so I think I'll have enough pix for a kind of a start to finish diary Ya know??

Wheeew It took forever to get pix up loaded then I was almost done editing it then firefox crashed Im so fuckin pissed so here's round two

I'll start with when I first got the plant feb 7th
CIMG3950.jpg

CIMG3951.jpg

CIMG3976-1.jpg

I cropped her over already in a not so LST manner but she took it very well
CIMG3981.jpg

CIMG4263.jpg

Progress
CIMG4263.jpg

CIMG4319.jpg

Close up of the cropping and you can see the diam of the stalk getting bigger
CIMG4320.jpg

More progress
CIMG4381.jpg

CIMG4389.jpg

More close ups of the cropping & stalk
CIMG4328.jpg

CIMG4401.jpg

More progress
CIMG4613.jpg
you can see how low it is
CIMG4617.jpg

CIMG4715.jpg

green_thumb...

Veteran
Two days after transplanting into that 2cuft tub
CIMG4747.jpg

Progress
CIMG4787-1.jpg

CIMG4786.jpg

CIMG4787.jpg

CIMG4809.jpg

And now for the Terrarium when I got It, It had a display stand that was a pain in the ass to get out,but once i got It out I cleaned It inside and out with ammonia and lysol bleach wipes,after that i hung the B&W poly with duct tape i got a 8x10 roll and started from the top taped all around then roughly cut the excess that was hanging in off the bottom then finely trimmed and taped around the bottom after that i re hung the 600W Hps and thats how it sits now i have her in it soaking up the light

CIMG4701.jpg

After getting that shelf out and my 400w work light
CIMG4711-1.jpg

hangin the poly
CIMG4813.jpg

CIMG4812.jpg

the 600w work light
CIMG4815.jpg

All done.
CIMG4816.jpg

As it is now
CIMG4818.jpg

CIMG4819.jpg

Wheeeew that was a mission and a half :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: much respect to all yall that do these diaries all the time

P.S. If i leave something out as far as detail let me know Id like to make this thread as detailed as possible.

green_thumb...

Veteran
what nutrients are you useing?

While it was in the smaller pot it was in miracle gro moisture control that had nutes in it and i was giving it Supernatural terra grow at 2tsp per gallon and now that its in fresh FFOF/FFHP soil conditioner i dont plan to feed it anything other than water for a while maybe til bloom

T

TroubleGuy

Looks good bro, definitely looking forward to seeing this thing in action!

Also REALLY glad to hear you ditched that MG moisture control garbage. That stuff sucks, it sponges up and gets rock hard, takes forever to absorb water...Black Gold organic or FFOF are a much better bet.

green_thumb...

Veteran
yeah i knew that about the MG so i added some hydroton in the mix worked very well but i was on a budget at the time but im glad to have the FFOF she has been showing some real good progress since going into the FFOF, so what nutes do ya think i should use after she starts showing defs?

kp^

What a sexy setup you have there for that mum! I dig it! :joint:

Thanks for sharing, she looks beautiful!!

s far as nutes go, I'd stay 100% organic! FF has a line of organics. they were pretty good for the various soil grows I've done. Never had a TW lady so I don't know the specifics neeeds of that strain.. Although I have some feminized seeds waiting to be popped! :)

Good luck and happy growing!

T

TroubleGuy

I like Vita Grow nutes. Worth every penny, 2 and 3 part nutrients and the best I've seen used so far. Otherwise I hear the Lucas Formula is good, I think that's for soil too. I don't use it so I don't know much about it but it can easily be found by searching the forum for it.

greenatik

nice trainwreck mang! Looks IDENTICAL to the cut I got.. I supercropped the shit out of mine and put it into a scrog too :laughing:

I'd probably get that screen going and think about flipping soon-ish... it stretches like a MOFO

green_thumb...

Veteran
Thanks KP for the info i think i will go with FF nutes.

olddrifter66: I got this terrarium from a friend and his friend custom built it for a flower shop that went under so he got it back and didn't want it anymore so my buddy knowing that thought of me.

TG: I'll have to look into vita grow nutes, i use the vita grow rooting compound for cloning works great 99.9% success rate so far.

greenatik: im gonna finish the scrog screen tonight and put in in tomorrow aftre i cut the square tube to attach it to the tub,i was trying to think of a way to maybe have the tub sit on something that spins to sorta get light more places. So how soo do you think i should flip to 12/12?

T

TroubleGuy

TG: I'll have to look into vita grow nutes, i use the vita grow rooting compound for cloning works great 99.9% success rate so far.

I'm telling ya dude, they make great products. My buddy was using some other nutes, then switched to Vita Grow... his stuff went from good, to top quality using those. even in MG moisture control.

T

TroubleGuy

It's a 3 part thing, part A and B for veg, part A, B and C for bloom. That's all I know, I can try to find out if it has a specific name though.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Yes please do, Im open to new products, its a toss up now beetween the FF nutes,AN bud blood/big bud/overdrive, and the vita grow

T

TroubleGuy

Oh easy dude...part A and part C are both listed, and you'll pick part B based on your light. Over 400w and under 400w. Just click "Products" on their site and it even says Part A, Part B etc.. http://www.vitagrow.com/products.php

Or as my buddy just put it: Green, Red, Blue

Green and red for veg, green red and blue for bloom.

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
nice man that is a really nice terrarium !!!!!!!!will do a good job making some killer smoke !!!!!!!