What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica x (Pinebud/G13)

tokeAcola

:wave:

First off, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to all the wonderful folks at SeedBay, where you can always get a great deal on some great genes! Second, I'd like to give props to Jimmynitz for making this great cross available.

Out of the 5 beans that I germed, only 2 survived my multiple experiments in the seedling stage. FYI, seedlings don't do so good in a mediumless growing environment, they kept falling into the SWC bubbler! After 3 drowned, I transplanted the survivors into good ol' tried and true hydroton. One, unfortunatley, turned out to be male (he had a very strong piney/menthol smell almost like pine-sol scented Vicks Vapor Rub!). The other was a runt that I almost tossed and she had very dark green, twisty, wrinkly leaves early on in veg. Obviously this is the pheno this report is based on. But enough of the boring details...... on with the smoke report!

Smell: During the grow she had a rich, earthy pine smell, with a hint of citrus, and sometimes I could swear there was a hint of canalope. After the chop, it was pure pineyness! I gave away most of this to local friends and family and they all raged about the piney smell.

Taste: Fortunately, the pine carried over to the taste when smoked out of a pipe. When rolled in joints, it was still piney, but there was a "Bubble-Tape" pink bubble gum type taste also. If anyone is familiar with that kind of gum. I blame the gum taste on the Zig-Zag papers tho.

THe HiGH: Reminds me of Mazar, but a little more narcotic. Very happy, pleasant, relaxing, calm effect. Starts in your chest and spreads throught the limbs. Can cause bursts of laughter. Not an immediate high, it creeps up on you. Doesn't help me much with insomnia tho, but at least you'll have a smile on your face while you stare at the ceiling.

Appearance: Very pretty buds, ranging from dark green to lime green with rusty orange/red pistils. Covered in shiny trichomes! Sparkles like diamonds.

I would recommend this strain to anyone, whether a newbie or a seasoned vet. Very easy to grow, I had multiple problems with heat, lack of space, light leaks, high humidity, you name it, and she finished without a single banana! I had to throw away one very dense cola due to a little mold, but no mold was found anywhere else.

To give you an idea of the growing conditions, she was grown strictly hydro with BC nutes, LST style in SWC bubblers, in a 55 gallon rubbermaid type container, under a single 150w HPS.

-- toke :joint:

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
LOL

LOL

:laughing:

OK...that's it.....too much Maple Leaf Indica for you... HAND IT OVER!
Blue mentioned it was strong in her report. Guess it's true.

:biglaugh:

lookin forward to it, tokie :yes:

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
sounds richeous TokeA... how was the MLI to work with? was that the mother plant? either way... good to see you man, hope this finds you well ~

tokeAcola

The first report was much more detailed, after losing it I just kinda covered the basics. If anyone wants to know more, feel free to ask away.

cc- yes, it's pretty potent

smokey- I lost this second one too, but fortunatley I copied it before I hit the link, so all I had to do was paste. :D

zep- any questions about the breeding of the cross should be relayed to Jimmy, all I did was grow da beans. :canabis: good to see you too.

TalkWeed

ive smoked this once before with a mate, talk about strong its some very nice weed after a few tokes your throat starts to tickle and you cough a bit :)

After 2 joints your well high for ages :D :D

G

Hello TokeAcola

Hello TokeAcola

Thanks for the report. It's a real good one. I also grew out this very same cross from Jimmynitz. I agree with most of your findings. Your right on the mark. It's pine all the way and a creeper high. I had the chance to smoke the parent of this cross and she was more narcotic.

I hope you don't mind if I include some pictures of my own.

This is the Parent of your cross(at least the buds of it).

Do they look like yours?

tokeAcola

Post all the pics you want Smokey! I don't have a camera or I wouldda included some pics. The buds look almost identical to mine, some slight differences in color and not quite as many trichs, but close. Those plants look exactly like mine did, but I had multiple, smaller colas. She did exptremely well growing LST style, branched out real nice.

Glad ya liked the report. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts