What's new

AZAMAX insecticide... ANYONE EVER USED IT???

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Hi fellow medical cannabis users...

I was wondeering if anyone had experience with using AZAMAX as drench in the soil??

Supposedly u can use 1 tbs per gallon... and water the plant.... this will control fungas gnats...

I've had these little fuckers now all winter long.... gone through two gallons of gnatrol.... various hot shots scattered everywhere and some pyrethins now and then... as well as yellow sticky strips with hundreds stuck to them...

These things have GOT to go... and this azamax is my next try.... I want to know if anyone has used it as a drench and at what rates and if there were any ill effects on the plants... OHh... AND DID IT WORK??

Thanks much for any and all feedback

Peace out!
bb

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Whats in it? Is it Azadactrin (sp?) I have used a product call azatrol for mites. It worked real well but i applied it foliar. It can also be used as a drench. Basically what it's a concentrated Neem Oil product, Organic, but possibly dangerous. I have heard questions raised about its potential to cause health problems but have not found anything documented.

Mo. G

azatrol and azamax is reletively the same product. i use azamax on my plants for thrip control on foliage and see great results. ive never used it in the root zone but know some folks that have and they sware by it. good luck

oregon bob

I've used it for about a year trying to kill springtails & soil mites. It worked on all but one mite species... that i just can't kill. oh well, my issue, not yours.

The azamax & azatrol both use the same active ingredients, though the azm advertises lipoids or limpoids or something of the like...? You can buy comag products now as well... nursery & landscape wholesale companies.

I'm surprised the gnatrol didn't work. I'm thinking that you got an older bottle that had some heat & went inactive. This is a common problem w certain products at the locals & even distributors. I chalk this up to shit happens & there is no accountability in this market.

Varying forms of Bti may work as well... also can use as a soil drench. BTW, apply the azm at full dose rate when drenching... perfectly fine for the plants & can even do it w the nute solution/in the rez. It will up the pH of your tank over the coarse of 24 hours, so will need to readjust & watch. It will foam in the tank as well & gunks up w certain additives. Just a heads up. Also, if you get it on the leaves during full light/temp, it will kill that portion of the leaf. Also, also, doesn't kill as a contact, so takes time & more than one application.

Peace brother.

opt1c

Veteran
ounce per gallon to kill em all

also make sure you have fungus gnats and not root aphids or, as was my case, both. i used the gnatrol wdg from bghydro as they sell smaller amounts; it ships and stores better than the old liquid formula and is way less funky in the reservoir, i speak from experience on this one as well.

i know that azatrol/azamax can be used as a root drench; i just got off the phone with my boy cuz i remembered he used it... ounce per gallon for a drench if applying by hand... if you want to put it in the reservoir do it a day before changeout and only add a quarter ounce or less per gallon... it mixes readily with cold water so no need to heat up the water to emulsify like the older neem extracts... that's all it is.. the active ingredient in neem extracted and synthesized

for thrips use monterey garden insect spray/spinosad; organic but to be used as a spray only and not a drench... spinosad is a nice organic bacteria which doesn't seem to harm the plant at all... they seem to love the azatrol as a foliar though

I am betting your dealing with root aphids. There is a thread here if you look back. You need Bayer Tree and Shrub (Home Depot), or Merit II (mail order only). Active ingredient imidachor somthing another like that. It's chlorinated nicotine, and the *ONLY* way to kill them off. Seriously- NOTHING else works. You need to read all of that thread, it has pics in it as well on page three. A friend is in the process of killing them off right now. Nasty vicious things.

O

otherwhitemeat

So, how did the Azamax work out? Been using all kinds of Neem and BTI but only seems to work as a control but the hydro store was having a sale and I picked this up, figured I'd take a swing.

O

otherwhitemeat

Just figured I'd share...I have given my plants two treatments of Azamax as a soil drench (application rate of 20ml/G). I drenched each 3G pot with about 1.5 pints of mixed solution. Applied two treatments about a week apart, and will aplly the third treatment shortly. The plants don't seem to care at all, the population of fungus gnats in my operation is, however, decimated. Yay!

I've used it as a soil drench too, and it works well. I tend to use slightly less than the concentrations listed, and I ran out of it after a while (only bought the tiny bottle), but if my gnats don't go away soon (I'm using crushed mosquito dunks as a soil amendment now and it seems to be working really well, plus it's way cheaper), I'll be grabbing another bottle and going back to using it again.

I got some gnatrol granules, and I've used them a little, but I got impatient and didn't want to have to worry so much about re-applying, which is how I got to dunks. All I do is crush them up in a little bowl and sprinkle about a tablespoon into the soil that I'll be putting on top of the rootball. I tried it on a couple plants as a test, and when they cleared up I added it to my regular transplant routine.

So, how did the Azamax work out? Been using all kinds of Neem and BTI but only seems to work as a control but the hydro store was having a sale and I picked this up, figured I'd take a swing.
Azamax kicks ass. It kills everything and is safe up until the day of harvest. I'd rinse it off if I was spraying close to harvest, but it can still be applied safely late into the process.

nomaad

Veteran
I am about to try Azatrol (same stuff, more or less) on my clone army which has gotten a bit out of hand because we've been using the veg space to dry our outdoor... they have been crammed in a corner enclosure and the thrips and mites have gotten bad. worse than I have experienced this far in my grow career.

You may also want to try predator nematodes for fungus gnats and thrips. They will eat the larvae in the soil.

SKUNK420

I've got mites and thrips. The predator nematodes have been very effective for thrips in large container outdoor...

I wonder if the Azatrol will kill these beneficial hunter-killers as well as the mites and thrips.

I've had limited success with predator nematodes in dwc cuz you eventually have to do a nutrient change plus they get pricey. Same goes for predator bugs. Your results may vary.

Good question, should probably ask General Hydroponics if it will kill them or the actual suppliers of the nematodes.

attila76

Depends on what you actually have.

If its root aphid... your screwed. I personally have used mega doses of azatrol in a RDWC system to no effect.
Its supposed to be a great product... just not effective if root aphids. Check my page for photo album. I got picts.

SKUNK420

Well 36 hours later and most of thrips are dead and no negative signs on my pant.

Wtf something not right. Some posts seem out of order. I went to edit previous post and it made a new one.

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
Azamax is the ultimate shit! I use it in my op, 3 to 4 applications a month and everything is golden!!! oh and I feel i should say u should use something to knock down like a day before you start using the azamax helps it work faster.. it'll take bout 2 applications then the bugs are gone

nomaad

Veteran
I've got mites and thrips. The predator nematodes have been very effective for thrips in large container outdoor...

I wonder if the Azatrol will kill these beneficial hunter-killers as well as the mites and thrips.

thisnthat

I just noticed those little fucker gnats. Ive put up strips all over the place and got about 40-50 of them, must have just got them. Picking up Azamax on Friday to finish them.

ambr0sia

Azamax applied @ 10-15ml/quart foliarly every 5 days seems to be keeping my powdery mildew problem knocked down - Not a sign in almost a month!

B

Bazarocka

I use Azamax for Spiderfmite infestations-------Ive sprayed it directly into my Promix (moms).(thrips)..It doesen't bother them at all,,,the plants I mean. Now the mites,,,,THEY EXPLODE with-in minutes of being sprayed with the stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts