What's new

Aquaponics: Sensi Star & Strawberry D-lite

AllStar

Hey everyone, my girlfriend wanted me to take down the huge room and relax for a while so i set up this aquaponic system to get some seeds. Lights are all fluoro's over an ebb&flo system. Before its done i wanted everyone here to see what these fish can do. So here are photos just past week 4 of flower.
056.jpg

010.jpg

038.jpg

030.jpg
041.jpg
042.jpg
035.jpg
055.jpg

That's very interesting AllStar, are you still doing it? Is there anyway I could get you to post a guide on how you did it? thanks

Duckmyster

Im strapped in this sounds good.

The fish ideas cool, just like the chinese and their rice fields

Good work

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Very Nice. Glad to see someone doing it. Any tips, pointers, or links would be appreciated.

Thanks for sharing

AllStar

Hey guys ive been gone a while and didnt post the end of that grow sorry. I pulled about 3 ounces off the grow. most bud was seeded but the unseeded bud was amazing after a month cure. i have a much bigger room growing out the genetics i crossed here. its sealed with c02 all aquaponic with about 50 more fish. Any questions let me know.

R

Roboticide

i had never heard of this before and it made me do some research pretty awesome stuff. do the fish put out enough nutrients "poo" for that to be your only source or do you add nutrients as well?

AllStar

The fish give out a great amount of nutes. I do notice there's a little more stretch in flower due to higher nitrogen levels than we like for cannabis, but as far as bud production resin and taste its amazing. I havent bought nutes in a year compared to $1500 or so a year before. I wanted 100% organic buds and this was my solution. Dont think the nute companies would appreciate everyone switchin their hydro to this, they'd be out of bussiness quick so i think aquaponics is kinda kept quiet

hazy

Veteran
I guess I thought this was only good for outdoor gardens. Interesting. Not nutes at all? no cal-mag or anything? the fish crap supplies all the micros too?

AllStar

you need to let the rez cycle with the fish in it for about 3 weeks before adding plants to let everything balance out. i was worried about mag def in flower but have never seen signs of it.

AllStar

This is Cosmic Diesel. SensiStar X Strawberry D-lite
picture.php

picture.php

a few more
picture.php

Im really happy with this Island Sweet Skunk by next generation
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and a couple Og Haze x Skunk1
picture.php

Strawberry D-lite indica pheno f2
picture.php

AllStar

I found ebb and flow to work best with aquaponics, but also have a drip system going. With ebb&flo aquaponics you will need something to work as a biofilter. What i do is put a cotton fish filter pad underneith the drain on the table. its easy to see the one in my blue ebb&flo at the beginning of the post. The fish are mainly Shubunkin which are a kind of goldfish that grow large, as well as a few fantail and comet goldfish. Ive never used the 13 cent feeder fish either, just purchase healthy $5 ones. i feed them golfish flakes, brine shrimp, and bloodworms.

Last edited:

daemos

Good to see some of Sags strawberry d - lite getting a run. what do you think of it? and how does she smoke?

Thanks...Mos

Sorry, I'm a bit stoned here.

You use no added nutrients in your res
You use your res as a fish tank for 2 weeks, then pump it tothe plants.
You feed the fish a certain food to influence nutes
Plants flourish...
Amazing