What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

growing in pine trees

A

Amstel Light

ok recently hooked up with a friend of mine that i had not seen in a while. he is a professional tree climber... im thinking about partnering up with him to do some growing in trees..

i have not mentioned it to him yet, as i have heard of this before did not know if it would be feasible? i am thinking of 5-8 clones 4-5" tall in a 3 gallon bucket inside of a 5 gallon bucket using a wick system.. early fall let em go till first frost around thanksgiving , roughly 21/2 months??

WHAT SAY YOU OUTDOOR MASTERS??

THiCk

There's a thread where a guy grew in a tree on Rollitup. You should look it up. It's called something like "growing in a tree".

I gave a clone to a guy last year and he grew it in a tree. He put three eye hooks in a 5 gallon bucket 1 in the bottom center and 1 on each side in the center on the top rim. He also positioned eye hooks in the same pattern on the tree trunk and three pulleys on the position he was bringing it too. The pulleys also on eye hooks arranged accordingly. He said he climbed the tree once and then used the pulley system too water. I plan on dooing 1 or two of these this year just for the fun and adventure

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
use ropes and pulleys ;)

btw check your profile amstel.

i believe you may be the poster formerly known as "spanky ham" if this is the case i need new contact info.....lost my old phone

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
germay police was busting last summer a guy how grow in trees.................in a puplic park arghhhhhhhh

A

Amstel Light

i can tell you this, that Helicopters or planes using IR cannot see under pine trees... just a little fact

Thcx Playa
i wonder if such a small grow like i described, would end up showing up as heat image?

There's a thread where a guy grew in a tree on Rollitup. You should look it up. It's called something like "growing in a tree".

Thcx Thick yea i already read it. i have yet to read about yields yet???

I gave a clone to a guy last year and he grew it in a tree. He put three eye hooks in a 5 gallon bucket 1 in the bottom center and 1 on each side in the center on the top rim. He also positioned eye hooks in the same pattern on the tree trunk and three pulleys on the position he was bringing it too. The pulleys also on eye hooks arranged accordingly. He said he climbed the tree once and then used the pulley system too water. I plan on dooing 1 or two of these this year just for the fun and adventure
Thcx Purps
sounds about right but instead of pully i was thinking a lil cheaper Eye hole screw. i am also trying to figure out a way of not having to water at all, have a res. installed with grow.. but of course if no rain happens in weeks then yea using the pully system to lower and fill is ideal.gl with yours!

lol occupational hazard, good luck might be a good idea to take a fall arrest course, no pun intended.
i have experience climbing metal structures and still would not attempt this myself as i do not have the proper equipment..reread post #1..

konoplja.org forum - TREEGROWING - projekt
- slovenian page a dude (fros) growed ina tree i think Whiteberry X Crazy widow and 1 unknown
Thcx Weedster
watched hostel 2 last night eastern europeans make me nervous now LOL!! will check it out this evening.

A

Amstel Light

germay police was busting last summer a guy how grow in trees.................in a puplic park arghhhhhhhh

yea on another site i read about some guy doing that in central park (NY NY)!!! he didnt get caught, said he was doing it for 15 years... i dont really respect him cause he used wires to hold buckets and was to stupid to change them out when the old ones were cutting into tree.. matter of fact thats what cost him the grow, maintanence noticed tree's were dying and after investigation found his op..

A

Amstel Light

danm Gantz just pulled up the "self watering pots" link from your sig from the other thread i suggested explosives on lol. and now your here!! do you think they would work in a tree?

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
anyone know the average ph of soil that pine trees grow in? i have heard its rather acidic..

very acidic I would say... if one plants in the soil around a batch of pine trees, your cannabis plants will simply not take off, will probably die of starvation too.

to grow sucessfully in trees you have to make a wood platform and align it in the tree branches so as to make it stealthy as well as able to receive a lot of sunlight... if you make a rustic platform it hides a lot better than ropes and hooks and they have more stability... just picture a flowering plant suspended by ropes and hooks during windy times.

good luck

peace :)

weedster

hi again :D

the dude had water system ( 5 liters bucket ) and when it rained the bucket filled with water, here are some pics:

090812s3r8.jpg

50081223am.jpg

and yea the google translate sux cuz some of the words in konoplja.org are in sleng and google translator can't translate them.

oh yeah i almost forgot : and i must say the treegrowing project went very well 4 him.

A

Amstel Light

very acidic I would say... if one plants in the soil around a batch of pine trees, your cannabis plants will simply not take off, will probably die of starvation too.

to grow sucessfully in trees you have to make a wood platform and align it in the tree branches so as to make it stealthy as well as able to receive a lot of sunlight... if you make a rustic platform it hides a lot better than ropes and hooks and they have more stability... just picture a flowering plant suspended by ropes and hooks during windy times.

good luck

peace :)

Thcx Paz yea i agree about weather conditions and fastening with hooks.. but what if you used a cheap ratchet strap? have maboy climb up with dark brown spray paint.... oh chit then we would not be able to lower it with pully!?!?!?

well then if we went with straps, we would have to carry out water to sight.... i'm thinking hehhee a 12 v diapram pump and small battery and a hose.....im thinkin 10 or 12 of these bucket ...if i cant pull out 2-4 LB'S with this then it not worth it.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
maybe you find a tree that you can climb and that can hold a rustic and stealth platform that can fit 2 or 3 flowering plants in 3-5 gallons of soil, you do not lower plants to work on them, you climb up to the plants instead. your buckets need to have good camo, as well as the floor of the platform. you can have a few platforms spread amongst the trees. it is hard work to do this though, and ideally, while you are installing the platform to the tree, you need some equipment, ropes etc... also, hurting the tree is a big no-no, and any trimming necessary has to be well done.
gotta do a lot of research before growing sucessfully on a tree. I know a man who builds on trees, and has actually grown stuff on top of those platforms, lots of work, but doable.
good luck once again
much peace

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
thanks a lot weedster. i went through the whole thread once again. did i get it right? he's using about 5 liters every 3 days? cuz if he is...treegrowing isn't that encouraging right now. the climbing thing...ok...even if i am scared of heights...lifting everything up there, even if water is heavy...ok... even driving a long way to it would be ok...but to do that every 3rd day...now that 's WORK! too much work!

weedster

if u place a container to collect water when it rains a bit bigger or couple of cointainers serial conected u will be able to have an automated i mean almost automated water sytem, maybe if it doesn't rain for couple of days u water by yourself. and it true it's quite a lot of work but if u don't try it u will never know :D.

Latest posts

Latest posts