What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to get rid of Spidermites. - 5 easy steps...

R

Ronley

The best way to combat spidermites is to:

1) Get the MOST potent strongest HOTTEST Chili peppers that you can find, (about 5 or 6 of those green ones)

2) 2 cups of water

3) Blend them all up in the food processor,

4) Strain the chili water and put into a spray bottle.

5) Spray onto the leaves both sides,

Apply the chili water every couple of days fro about a week until the mites are gone.
it works like a charm... completely organic and does no harm to the buds or plants

BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET THE CHILI SOLUTION INTO YOUR EYES AND WEAR PLASTIC GLOVES OR COVER YOUR HANDS WHEN APPLYING THE CHILI WATER. OTHERWISE IT WILL IRRITATE YOUR HANDS. WHICH IS MOST UNPLEASANT. AND WILL NOT WASH OFF IN A HURRY.

Credit must go to Wernard Bruining founder of Positronic Seeds. Wernard Bruining, started the first ever cannabis coffeeshop, the Mellow Yellow, the first cannabis-growshop, Positronics, and the first Medical Marihuana organization in Europe, Mediwiet (Mediweed). He was also one of the main persons involved in developing the sinsemilla grow-technique in Holland.

deZerTomB

Habanero is the hottest pepper I know of. I almost bought a little habanero plant last weekend, I think I will now.

Thanks for the tip.

R

Ronley

Its a pleasure- but watch out for your eyes and skin. It does irritate ones skin for a long time afterwards and its very unpleasant. SO now I am very careful about that.

Also use fresh chili water from time to time- dont let it go stale.

Gamera

Watch out when you pee too! I'm sure I'm not the only one that did THAT shit. A couple of drops of wetting agent helps the pepper too.

G

I am about 30 days into budding......is it ok to use this method for spidermites while budding??? I have noticed a lot of white spots on the tops of my leaves lately and i have been noticing more and more spider mites and im starting to worry.....Thanks...... :joint:

R

Ronley

Yes, it is still ok to use Chilli water on your plants, even though they are deep into flower. But try not to spray it on the buds, but more on the leaves. It helps a lot to reduce the mites.
But even if you do spray the buds they will be fine.

HotCha

if you do wind up with some chilli juice on you, a quick rinse of the area with rubbing alcohol will take the burn away. :)

G

I made something similar in the past with hot peppers and garlic

....god did it stink up the place...10X worse then the smelly fish emulsions I use
and the smell sticks around for a couple days

...plus any unused mix will grow mold in a few days
so if you make it, only make enough for that days spraying

I personaly won't be making it again and will use commercial organic plant bug sprays instead
since I'm an "indoor grower"...though I would use it outdoors

....starting to smell it, just by thinking about it....yuck

R

Ronley

Nothing helped take the burn away, well at least for a good few hours. Since then I am much more careful and I wear plastic bags over my hands. I know, not exactly perfect gloves, but it still does the job of hands protection.

Ive always made it with straight chillis and never added garlic, but I am sure that the smell of the 2 mixed is awful, even the chillis smell....

My plants are outside so they can have the smell- but at least the spider mites are lessend....
I can never get rid of them completely. Somehow they always return and I spray away....
Anyway Summer is approaching and with it humidity and they dont like humidity, so that will also help...

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spot on with the chilli recipe , used a similar one last year in greenhouse with good results on mites and aphids but too smelly for indoors.
If you add a boiled extract from about a quarter ounce tobacco to your mix it gives a better kill and slows their return by at least another week.

R

Rood Spook

Spend the 6 bucks,hang a Hot Shot and never see a bug again.IME,everything else is temporary at best,Hot Shots are final,and there is no need for anyone to have mites as long as they make these.

Tony Danza

Ronley said:
BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET THE CHILI SOLUTION INTO YOUR EYES AND WEAR PLASTIC GLOVES OR COVER YOUR HANDS WHEN APPLYING THE CHILI WATER. OTHERWISE IT WILL IRRITATE YOUR HANDS. WHICH IS MOST UNPLEASANT. AND WILL NOT WASH OFF IN A HURRY.

And don't go playing any songs on the old skin flute without a thorough hand washing!

Latest posts

Latest posts