What's new

anyone used COMPO SANA UNIVERSAL potting soil ?

hi guys

is there anyone that used composana universal soil ? is it verey good quality soil compost and it is prefertilized. is it good ?

http://www.international.compo.com/en/consumer/blumenerde/composana.html

High quality universal potting soil. Its special combination of root activator AGROSIL®, quality peat and PERLITE volcanic stones forms a favorable basis for the healthy growth of all kinds of plants. The added slow release fertilizer - with all main and micro nutrients - provides balanced plant nutrition for approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
i have no many options where i live in

there is 2 options:

1) soilless mix : 80% sphagnum peat moss and 20%perlite

2) compo sana universal potting soil

i will also use biobizz organic nutes such as grow,bloom,topmax,root juice .

what is ur opinions ?

which compost should i chose ?

thanks my friends

D

deathtosoapbar

mandala seeds recommends compo universal on their site..so should be good stuff just cant find any here

Keimado

hi!

I use campo Sana, a lot of friends use it also and I can tell you the soil is simply great!

However, it's too much pré-fertilized and on the first weeks they will show some overfert signs. I recommend you to mixture some vermiculite and/or perlite.

In 3,5L pots with clones, 12/12 after rooting, they won't need any more fertilizer (depending on the strain, of course).

cheers

Fi_Di_Bot

Son Of Botany - Green Block Original Shrdana
Veteran
Hi!
me too used composana soil in the past, with very good result, i prefer it to to other brand of soil 'couse is a bit less rich of nutes than many other soil (expacially dutch ones, i don't like them).
as Keimado told a good % of perlite/vermiculite will help a lot. usually i use 30% perlite and use clay pebbles in the bottoms of the pots. just my 2 cents :D have a nice time

Tolpan

I would composana raid higher than a lot of soils made especially for growing! Perhaps they become better during the last years, but composana always was better than, most grower soils and no mites in it!

Just my 2 Cents! I had to bring back lots of soil in the 90ies! I was working with a big growing distributor and we had much much probs with the Canna and BioBizz soils! But thats 10 years ago, so perhaps things have changed!

Cheers

Tolpan

el gordo

after too many bad experiences with other brands, this is THE ONLY SOIL i would let my outdoor plants to put it's roots in. the only negative point the i've found is that over time it suffers a bit from compactation so maybe adding some coco coir would imprrove it a bit

guys that soil is really good,i know but it has too much fertillizer and salt!
Raw materials: peat bog (decomposition level: H2 - H7), perlite, NPK fertilizer,
Phosphate with silicon (AGROSIL ®), carbonic acid lime.
Ph: 5.0-6.5
Salt (KCl) in g / l: <3.0 g / l
Available (soluble) nutrients:
200 - 450 mg / l (CaCl2)
200 - 500 mg / l P2O5 phosphate (CAL)
300 - 500 mg / l mg / l K2O potassium oxide (CAL)
Organic matter (expressed as LOI): 85%
i will use biobizz organic nutes and this will cause probably overfertilizing.
or as you said,i should mix with perlite @ 50% ..

in stead of Compo ,i think i should try pure coco.

nuitari

If you are worry about seedlings just mix it with perlite or coco. It wont be a problem if you dont feed about 2 or 3 weeks depends on plant .And agrosil is really good stuff.

S

sweet-dreams

hi i use compo sana about six years in my indoor and outdoor growing i dont want change it give beautifull plant without any problem and no problem with buy this soil in some "castorama" and "obi" shops i recomendet it for many growers. With this soil i dont use any Fertilizer for vegetation only for flower i never see probems with plants so buy this soil. :D

PEACE

sweet-dreams

nuitari

hi i use compo sana about six years in my indoor and outdoor growing i dont want change it give beautifull plant without any problem and no problem with buy this soil in some "castorama" and "obi" shops i recomendet it for many growers. With this soil i dont use any Fertilizer for vegetation only for flower i never see probems with plants so buy this soil. :D

PEACE

sweet-dreams

In which part of flowering you start to use fertilizer?Hoew long is your veg period?

G

grownowforever

comp sane is a good soil ..i used it many times ..but i like more plagron royality mix ...better results with it !

thanks mate but i wanna know whether i can use compo sana univbersal with biobizz nutes ?

is it organic ? is there microherd in it ?

help me pls.

thanks

Goldenseed

This is my opinion and i dont want to flame/bash anybody for sayin something that doesnt fit my opinion but in my experience:Hell keep of your hands from that stuff,especially from the universal brand from composana,if you want to use compo sana in every case,try the Veggie soil brand(dont know how its called exactly)of the compo sana line.With the veggie soil you should at least have some kind of organism frinedly nutes and not those cheap mineral/chemical stuff.
charlesweedmore said:
is it organic ? is there microherd in it ?
Sorry really no offense here,but i never laughed that hard.Forget about a micro herd and organic nutes.You will get plants that stay deep green and glosy troughout the end and taste like a chlorophyl bomb.I know deep green plants with waxy leaves may sound very good for some people but every serious grower knows that even a bit to much N is the biggest enemy of your own.
You can use it with BioBizz nutes as they arent really organic too...i know they say it is,but it isnt and thats a fact....theres no organic liquid fertilizer in the world that acts that fast....expect for fresh brewed guano tea but thats an whole other story....it is just impossible that Bio Bizz is organic....but it is good stuff....i used BB a few years back for a while and was impressed,definately one of the better canna related nute lines(needs to be said:NOTHING BEATS STRAIT ORGANICS,NOTHING!!)....So honestly go and look for something else....if you can find it look for "Garten-Profi" cheap and really good,this brand has an admendent thats called Xylit and i had the best results with this soil when it comes to bought soil brands but if you have the time and knowledge mix your own you will not regret it.

Hope i helped you more than i confused you...any questions just ask....best wishes!! GS

thanks.

,if you want to use compo sana in every case,try the Veggie soil brand
what is this ? could you post a picture of that product ?

biobizz is 100%organic,it has omri certificate .

in fact,i have 3 option.

1)
LC’s Soiless Mix #1:
5 parts Coco Coir
3 parts perlite
2 parts wormcastings

2)
LC’s Soiless Mix #1:
5 parts peatmoss
3 parts perlite
2 parts wormcastings

3)

compo sana + perlite + worm casts.

i read many failiure about organic coco.

in addition,i read many good reviews about compo sana universal and many bad reviews about overfertilizing with compo sana universal .

:(

Latest posts

Latest posts