Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > creative ways to dispose of pot trash

Thread Title Search
creative ways to dispose of pot trash Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2009, 07:07 AM #1
Avon Barksdale

Avon Barksdale is on a distinguished road
creative ways to dispose of pot trash

stems, and leafs. anyone have any good ways to get rid of this stuff, i was thinking about getting one of those back yard firepits they have at home depot and just burning it but burning alot of the leaves would be a smokey mess, i thought of maybe trying to create some kind of press to compact leaves into a tight pucks and see if they burn cleaner. all and any ideas would be helpful, cause right now i just have a few bag fulls laying around
Avon Barksdale is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2009, 07:34 AM #2
XIII

XIII will become famous soon enough
If you have the space I would recommend composting it in a garbage bin outside. If you don't, I would bury it in the woods somewhere.

I wouldn't leave it laying around for obvious reasons. Flushing/garbage disposal could be a bad idea (I always envision myself clogging the pipes and having to call a plumber to remove leaves!)

I wouldn't want to burn them either. Too easy to attract very bad attention!

Plus if you compost it you can add to it and eventually have some nice organic soil!
XIII is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:33 AM #3
B.Grant

B.Grant will become famous soon enough
It depends on how much you have to get rid of? I always try to let my debris dry out. When dry, leaves crumble quite easily and can be easily discarded. Say for example a grocery bag full of debris of stems and leaves, let dry out and proceed to consistently crumble down into bag, and then duct tape bag as small and tight as possible. Next, eat out, and order a lot, save all of the fast food wrappers and bags and that is your debris' disguise. Take duct taped debris bag, wrapped in fast food wrappers, stuffed in fast food bag, and then ditched at local gas station at next fill-up, or even better a rest area located off a near by interstate. The trick is, never on your property, and your trash has to look like exactly that, trash!
Larger loads could be split up. There are others on the forum, who will have more experience and better advice on handling larger loads, I'm sure.
Thread started by Yarkand:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=102472
HIGH-The True Tale of American Marijuana - https://www.truehigh.com/
Thread started by Thundurkel: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111741

Last edited by B.Grant; 01-31-2009 at 08:34 AM..
B.Grant is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:53 AM #4
FreezerBoy
Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training

FreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud ofFreezerBoy has much to be proud of
I'll second McDonald's, freeway Gas Stations, car washes. Places where motorists are encouraged to throw out trash.
FreezerBoy is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:53 PM #5
foomar
Luddite

foomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud offoomar has much to be proud of
Depending on location and volume of material burning can work well.
Constant small amounts from my permanent flower room go straight onto a roaring open fire or woodburner and cannot be smelt downwind or recognised as weed.

Would not try too much at once for obvious reasons.

In the UK a lot of councils are sorting by hand through trash collections and recycling what they can to save landfill , would not put anything Canna related in bins includeing nute containers that could possibly be traced back to you or a small postcode area.

Some clown flytipped a dozen bags containing the remains of a commercial grow in a layby outside my workplace and police forensic were all over it.
In conversation with them I was told this happens a lot and they are looking for fingerprints and DNA evidence and apparently the genetic profile of the plants used.
foomar is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:22 PM #6
BagseedBoy

BagseedBoy is on a distinguished road
Yo if I were you I wouldn't worry too much but.... Deff. don't let peps see what ur throwing out..As long as it's disguised I think your good... I live in an apartment complex and I just throw my scraps ont in the dumpster.. I don't work to hard to disguise it but I use Dark bags so if there is a garbage picker the only way they can see the cannabis scraps is if they open it....(that's gross, but peps do it) If you got property burn it at small amounts so you couldn't smell it but if peps did what would they do.. they would think its a skunk that just got hit by a car or got scared and let loose...lol... I wouldn't worry to much if you got a lot of land or at least an acre, rather then a lot in a complex next to houses then I wouldn't burn plus i bet there's laws(about burning) if you live in a complex..... Just bag it up in a black bag and throw it out at a dumpster( doesn't matter unless someone sees you and checks the garbage you threw out.. but i think that won't happen unless they already know you grow.....) I think your good as long as your not obvious......LoL... NEVER GOOD TO BE OBVIOUS..... UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE>>> I know you ask this question to see if you can make something out of it, but you can't... just compost... But that's a good thing
BagseedBoy is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:28 PM #7
Sleepy

Sleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud ofSleepy has much to be proud of
Red face excellent question!

there are some pretty good suggestions here>>>https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=10627

peace!
Sleepy is offline Quote

Old 02-01-2009, 12:00 AM #8
PeteWeedSeed

PeteWeedSeed will become famous soon enough
I just pack everything up in garbage bags and head down to an industrial park. There are so many bins there you can get rid of as much stuff as you want. Just don't pack it all in one bin. And check that there aren't any cameras around watching the area.

To those that don't know what an industrial park is, It's an area where you can rent out work shops,welding shops, mechanic shops, like small businesses but intended for industrial use. Their usually on the industrial side of town.. go figure!
PeteWeedSeed is offline Quote

Old 02-01-2009, 01:34 AM #9
GreenIsGood

GreenIsGood is on a distinguished road
I usually just hit up a country road and find a bridge with a flowing creek and just dump it all over the bridge. Probably not so easy in a bigger city though.
GIG
GreenIsGood is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 AM #10
durgamata

durgamata will become famous soon enoughdurgamata will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezerBoy View Post
I'll second McDonald's, freeway Gas Stations, car washes. Places where motorists are encouraged to throw out trash.
watch out, some Mcdonalds have parking lot camera's

And officer tipped off about a trashbag full of pot, review the tape, liscense plate in clear view.

knock knock knock

3 members found this post helpful.