What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$60.00 4x4x6.5 Flowering Chamber

O

OHenry

This is something I just built when I was bored. It only cost me $60.00

Material List

9 Pieces - 2"x4"x8' KD
36 Pieces - 2.5" Wood Screws
1 Roll of Black Poly
1 Rol of White Poly
6 Rolls 450" Double Sided Tape
1 Old Shower Rod for holding up Light.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Assembly Directions

Cut four pieces of 2"x4" to 78".
Cut ten pieces of 2"x4" to 48"

Simply assemble four 4' pieces together to form a 4' square. Do this twice. Make both sections identical.

Assemble upright 78" pieces and tie together both square sections.

Use the remaining two 4' pieces as cross members for support and for holding the light up.

When assembled it should look like this.

Next thing is to tape up the edges of all three sides, as well as the top "roof" with double sided tape. This stuff works like a charm. Rub your finger over the poly and tape until you get a good bond. The black poly is applied to the outside of the wood frame while the white poly is taped tp the inside framing.
I don't have updated pics with the white poly installed but it serves as a great reflector.

You can get this stuff nice and tight. See how the roof looks so rigid. All I did was stretch the poly and stick it good!

The poly is ALMOST a complete light blocker. I used a sheet to seperate it from the veggin/clonin chamber next door. This takes care of any escaping light. I also have a temporary sheet that goes over the front but I only use that when I know I will be home when the light goes on.

It's important to lay poly down on the ground. I found this makes for super easy clean ups. I've got more than enough room for another light if I wanted and could grow a 5.5' monster in there! The other big advantage is I can rip it apart in about five minutes. Well hope this can help anyone out there on a budget. I've got the CUP coming up so $$$ was a huge issue! Enjoy. Later OH

valk

Nice Job OHenry. I have a few questions.. How do you take care of ventilation with this setup? Do you vent the flower chamber separately or are you venting the whole room? What about carbon scrubber? :friends:

O

OHenry

I have a Vicks Air Purifier and a small fan. I have central air in my house so I can keep it on the cooler side. I built it right under my air duct so in the Summer months I will pipe right in the cold air. Should be a HUGE plus! For the smell I have some small battery operated scent controllers and stink killers. They work great. I replace them monthly for about $5 a piece. Well worth it. Smells like SPRING FRESH in my house. Later OH

S

strain_searcher

Very Nice. great example of not spending too much yet gaining everything.

G

OHenry,
Lookin' good. I did the same with some 1/2" angle iron and my welder. I covered mine with cardboard and than used mylar inside. I used wall paper to cover the cardboard outside, to look like wood. People think they are cabinets. I made one for veg and one for bloom. Veg is 3'x4'x4' and bloom is 2'x3'x6'

Avid

G

Im done with my box all but the exhuast fan blower?
What size is needed to cool a 400 w MH.. also use a 400 hps bulb for flowering.. woulda 265 be a good size? peace..

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

G

sack. I use a 65 cfm 4" fan. it is not noisy and it mounts to my greanleaves reflector. I also have a glass screen. My plants can get up to 12" from the light. I use a 400 hps for flower.

Fredster. These are so easy to make, and I use the sterilite tubs; 19 gal for my aero dwc buckets. It all fits nicely together in a corner. The veg cabinet runs on less than 15apms of current with fans, lights, and aeroponics systems and timers. My biggest cost is the lights, mylar, and the fans. The angle iron is cheap and cardboard is free!

The 400 w hps bloom cabinet also uses less than 15amp circuit draw. The bloom cabinet holds NINE ladies. I run WW, BB, SSkunk, Special Skunk, OrangeBud, and others. I let 'em grow wild and make them SCROG-like in their growth patterns through trimming and pruning during yhe veg stage.

Sometimes I spend hours pruning for bloom development. I am developing a double cola growth for the OB now. looks promising.

Good Luck!

Avid

G

Brilliant O,
If only i saw this before i started building my unbelievably heavy box,grow on :friends:

G

My dream is to buy a bloombox... ohh just to plug in and grow..
would be nice..huh..peace..

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

tokinsmokin

Thats a nifty little design, especially for so cheap, You could use something like that for a lot bigger grow, and really get stealthy with it if you wanted to.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
and after smoking some SWT#3x Hz/Sk i've discovered it (EUREKA) and i just want to run my idea by you people. i don't think i'll build it verry soon but maybe some will use the info.
use pvc pipes, pvc pipe fiings and some screws and some nuts to make the suport. then velcro on the bars and the white and the black poly. the yellow bar represents where you hang your light.

this way when you move you can reuse everything with no aditional costs...

so what do you think?

Woah those are great. I plan on making a green house simliar to that. Do you think wood or pvc pipes would work better to make the structure?

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
well after taking a look around the net i believe that using pvc pipes is better because wood deteriorates with time, but pvc can be stored and reused.

that is very cool Gantz. I think that little house has inspired me to make something simliar. I planned on making a little box sorta thing but now i just dont know with all these ideas. Do u kno wat sheet is used for covering that? I need something similar that would block the view from those nosey neighbors but that would still let the light in.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
6 mil clear plastic sheeting (use only UV resistant greenhouse plastic for permanent structures) or maybe some other sheeting that lets light in but that doesn't give you much to look at. and whtn the plants get bigger you can hang plastic flowers or some red christmas ball ornaments. if people ask you...you're growing tomatoes

G

pvc will break down over time and become brittle with uv exposure.Something of an issue here in the high dese
A reaction occurs between pvc and regular sheet plastics that causes the plastic to
deteriorate quickly as well. Plasstic is cheap though. Use metal if buying expensive uv resistant films.