What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about making screen printing frame hash

I

Iron_Lion

I've seen this method done on youtube where the guy made hash with a screenprinting frame. I'd like to try this method, I bought a frame but it didnt come with the screen. Does anyone know where I can buy either 12xx multifilament screen fabric or substitue online?

hgl

I was wondering the same question,... where can we buy those printing sheet of different size? (20,45,70,150,220u)

Thanks!

Long Live IcMag!!!

Capn

I have a question about this too. What is every ones preference on how many screens and what different types to use?

I'm interested in making dry-sift but all the different types of screen is confusing me badly. Whats the best LPI's to get if I wanted to make a 3 screened product?

Last edited:
I

Iron_Lion

I have a question about this too. What is every ones preference on how many screens and what different types to use?

I'm interested in making dry-sift but all the different types of screen is confusing me badly. Whats the best LPI's to get if I wanted to make a 3 screened product?

Im wondering those same things.

C

Chamba

Do a search through this Hashish Forum for lots of threads with all the info you need to get started in the worthwhile pastime of dry sifting floral essences
for a 2 or 3 or 4 screen system check out seedboutique for special prices for Gypsy Nirvana Stash boxes that have two screens

or check out fullmeltbubble for a classy 3 screen box or basic set of 4 screen frames

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Yo like Winston Smith posted.. DickBlick

they actually have frames with screens (of almost any micron you need) alreadly attatched.. might wanna check those out, pretty reasonable prices too.

imo tumblers are the way to go tho, good luck!

hanuman

Whats the best LPI's to get if I wanted to make a 3 screened product?

Gypsy's "Stashbox" has one 150 micron screen.
http://www.stash-boxes.com/

Bubbleman's "Bubblebox" uses 140 microns (120 LPI), 107 microns (140 LPI) and 70 microns (200 LPI)
http://www.bubblebag.com/how-to/

Okiefs "stackable frames" are 145 microns (??? LPI), 117 microns (??? LPI) and 70 microns (200 LPI)
http://www.okief.com/fullmeltframes.html

Just be careful not to confuse microns and lines per inch :bandit:

h :ying:

C

Chamba

Capn

I looked at those. At the same price i can get enough screen to make about 10 of em. With 3 screens. They are nice tho.

Thank you hanuman!

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
LPI Microns
270 53
230 63
200 74
170 88
140 105
120 125
100 149
80 177

Last edited:

melvin2

There are three choices of plastic cloths on smallparts.com: nylon, polyester, and polypropylene. Which one makes the best dry sift screen? I think some years ago I was leaning towards polypropylene, but I went with stainless steel instead. Also, what do you clean these with? I wash my stainless steel with ISO which then provides good oil. These are the website descriptions. If anyone has input, please share.

Nylon screen cloth - 6/6: Exceptionally strong and suited for countless sifting, straining, and filtration applications. Provided in the small sizes so useful in laboratory or shop. Can be gamma, steam and Eto sterilized. Slight yellowing may occur during steam sterilization, but will not significantly affect physical properties.

* Exceptional Strength
* Gamma, Steam, ETO Sterilizable
* Nitex Brand
* Precise Opening Size

Polypropylene screen cloth offers great strength and stability, polypropylene has the lowest specific gravity (0.91) of any synthetic. Highly resistant to acids and alkalis as well as other chemicals. Polypropylene Screen Cloth has a melting temperature of 320 to 340F (160 to 171C).

* Low Specific Gravity
* Highly Resistant To Chemicals
* Melting Temperature 320 F
* Screen Floats In Water

Polyester Screen cloth: Unaffected by most solvents, Polyester PETP (Polyester, Polyethylene Terephthalate) has good resistance to strong acids at room temperature and resists weak acids and alkalies even at high temperatures; strong alkalies can weaken it. UV resistance is good, but it tends toward a slight loss of tensile strength with prolonged exposure to sunlight. Lacks good hydrolysis resistance, but retention of properties after gamma radiation exposure is good. Deformation under low stress is minimal, but it can deform under high stress.

* Gamma Steriizable
* Good Solvent Resistance
* Good UV Resistance
* Precise Opening Size

What do you think?

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
i wanna say that i use a nylon monofilament, pretty sure its nylon anyway.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
picture.php

cjk

I've seen this method done on youtube where the guy made hash with a screenprinting frame. I'd like to try this method, I bought a frame but it didnt come with the screen. Does anyone know where I can buy either 12xx multifilament screen fabric or substitue online?

so how did you come to terms with wanting the 12xx screen? i bought the speedball frame with the 12xx fabric and have been trying to figure out what size the screen is relative to microns. any idea??