What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official 1 sqft Challenge

This friendly challenege is for members to show how much final weight they can produce while following these rules:

RULES

Lighting:
CFL:200 watt max
CFL/HID:150 watt max
HID:150 watt max
Spectrum any including UVB lamps

Cab:
Under 1.5 sqft
Hight Max is 3 1/2ft
Must have all sides top and bottom and may not be transparent

Method of Growing:
Any as long as its one time veg and one time harvest
Clone or Seed either is fine

Ok guys the games have begun anyone participating please post the following.

Minimum:

Pics of cab
Cab specs
Light specs
Method of growing
Strain
Medium

Feel free to post any other details they would be much appreciated. No prizes or start/finish deadlines. Thanks guys and enjoy the show.

Munk

Last edited by a moderator:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lighting: 115 watts CFL (5 x 23w)

Cab size: 1 sq ft (12"x12")

Method of growing: Clones

Medium: Soil grow, no drain holes, tap water only the whole grow

Number of plants: 9

Strains: 5 x PBSxSDIBL (pbs is purple bagseed), 3 x Sour Creek, 1 x Lady G1

Start date: Feb 4, 2009 (Day 0)

Here's some pics of cab right after I finished building it.

Plants are in the cab!

:woohoo:

Weekly compilation

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Trimmed (Buds, Sugar Trim, Compost, Stems)

picture.php

Wet weights

picture.php

Combined sugar trim from all 9 plants

picture.php

Dry weights

picture.php

Last edited:
C

cork144

Im in, 14"X14"X21"(W,D,H) with a 70watt hps, square containers, 16 plants, bottom 4 at cab level, outer 12 risen about 3 or 4 inches.

should get me a nice ammount of white widow.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm in.

I'm in.

Cab: 14" x 15"
Lighting: 198 watts CFL
Medium: Soilbed

I've been trying to upload pics for three days now but no luck. I guess it's not going to happen till they get this site fixed or something so this is as best as I can do for now. Sorry guys.

freakinbud

Im in!! ..

-16"h x 18"l x 7.5"w
-Will be growing in hempy (verm/per 50/50)
-Local bagseed for genetics :)
-50w HPS for light
-GH nutes

51589497405244320d.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think thats 1.5 sq/ft man. But my math might be off :)

- I guess people are having trouble with the ONE POINT FIVE FT/SQ part ... geez

Im in!! ..

-16"h x 18"l x 7.5"w
-Will be growing in hempy (verm/per 50/50)
-Local bagseed for genetics :)
-50w HPS for light
-GH nutes

51589497405244320d.jpg

Cork buddy i think your fine your at 1.44 sqft. 14in=1.2ft 1.2x1.2=1.44 i do believe and remember freakinbud the calculator is only a click away

Last edited:
C

cork144

Cork buddy i think your fine your at 1.44 sqft. 14in=1.2ft 1.2x1.2=1.44 i do believe and remember freakinbud the calculator is only a click away

i knew i was alright, hopefully with the HPS i should pull 7+ grams a cut, so i should be looking at 4 ounces minimum?

i know my white widow and i know when to turn into flowering, so im pretty much diald in appart from ive never had experience with HID before.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How to calculate square footage of your cab

How to calculate square footage of your cab

First: Measure the width (side to side) of the inside of your cab in inches.

Example: Width = 14"

Second: Measure the depth (front to back) of the inside of your cab in inches.

Example: Depth = 14"

Third: Multiply the width (in inches) by the depth (in inches)

Example: 14 x 14 = 169

Fourth: Divide the above answer by 144 to get square footage

Example: 169 / 144 = 1.17361, I round to the nearest hundredth, ie 1.17 sq ft.

So Cork144 at 1.17 sq ft, you are in.

Last edited:

freakinbud

LOL .. I told you my math may be off. Sorry, I was SUPER stoned hahaha and I had just done that exact calculation on my box ..again MY BAD Cork ..

LOL ... stoned + math = freakindummy

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just started germing 10 afghani,5 MIS freebies and some seeds from mids in 07. If my mothers don't put out in time I'll have to use these. Still can't upload, anyone know an ETA on the new server?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
53078Picture_1320-med.jpg

53078Picture_1295-med.jpg

So that first pic is the cab on the right covered in mylar and it's 1.5 sq ft I will be using 6 23w CFL's and my medium is Black Gold Coco Blend and I will be running 4 plants lst or scrog not sure yet as I'm still vegging and does it have to be all one strain???

C

cork144

53078Picture_1320-med.jpg

53078Picture_1295-med.jpg

So that first pic is the cab on the right covered in mylar and it's 1.5 sq ft I will be using 6 23w CFL's and my medium is Black Gold Coco Blend and I will be running 4 plants lst or scrog not sure yet as I'm still vegging and does it have to be all one strain???

no doesnt have to be same strain, one time veg and one time harvest.

id love to compete in this one but my small flowering cab only has like 50w of compact floros and my big room is 800watt hps, if i thought i had a chance id be in but i cant wait to see the results.

this was my old box i started growing in. 1sq. ft, 2 ft tall. Strain was a sativa bagseed and i also had two other bagseeds that followed soon after that were more indica dominant. It had 182 watts of mixed spectrums of cool, warm, and daylight. I got probably 1 oz. total. oh yeah...its organic

229870818072010a-med.jpg

229870924072111a-med.jpg

229870928071500-med.jpg

229871021072208e-med.jpg

peace

looks dank floggy a little update no pics i know lame but i have 12 new seedlings pretty stoked on that i am also going to be in the HPS category i just bought a 70 watt and im going to supplement it with to 26 watts 6500k should be sweet them moms reveging nicely should get some cuttings in about 2 or 3 weeks

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks dank floggy a little update no pics i know lame but i have 12 new seedlings pretty stoked on that i am also going to be in the HPS category i just bought a 70 watt and im going to supplement it with to 26 watts 6500k should be sweet them moms reveging nicely should get some cuttings in about 2 or 3 weeks

Funny, I asked in the original thread if I could supplement my 70 watter with cfl's. I was told no. I went out and bought new lights because of that.:noway:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts