What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STS

wisco61

i found this http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-sc...sue-culture-protocols/silver-thiosulfate.html

Prepare a 0.1 M Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution by dissolving 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate (Product No. S 7026) into 100 ml of water. Prepare a 0.1 M Silver Nitrate stock solution by dissolving 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate (Product No. S 7276) into 100 ml of water. Store the stock solutions in the dark until needed to prepare the STS. In general, the STS is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of [Ag(S2O3)2]3-, the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition. Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring 20 ml of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended.

G

th
anks for the info guys.

Wisco, its in my favorites, thanks.

Thanks HK, Ive been reading. I was really hoping that an outdoor grower had tried it out in the field. In fact, I had you and or Fast Pine in mind.

As a seed grower, each year i see pheno's that arent normally seen. Its impractical for me to keep a mother plant but if i could self the thing, at least I could capture the potency and have another grow.

Thanks esbe. Unlike you enlightened europeans, here in the US, they barely teach us to speak broken english, let alone another language. Danish is over my head, is there a way to translate?

Last edited:
B

Brother_Monk

Havent mixed any yet, but am about to. Thought I'd share the link I learned it from. I have the chemicals. Bought them from an online chemical company. They were very cheap, and were delivered to my door in a few days. Here ya go. Wish me luck too.

STS 101

:ying:

G

Not yet scaramanga, I just started squirting it on my maple leaf indica girlie and a sugarberry pheno form Joey. Ill let you know.