What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PSA: A trick to help you quit smoking cigarettes!

bleezie

Hi everyone!

I know it's new years and many of you have probably decided that a good new years resolution would be for you to quit smoking cigarettes! I am one who smoked for years and was quite addicted. Average a pack a day? So did I. One trick that I definately used that worked extremely well is this...

Put your fingers out as if you were holding an invisible cigarette, and put it to your mouth, then suck in as if you were sucking in a cigarette hit. Do it as much as you need to in order to calm down or be satisfied. One thing is that I really wouldn't recommend you puffing a non-lit cigarette in your mouth when you do this trick because you just might end up lighting it! haha.

And for those who have access to lots of ganja, just smoke lots of greens in substitute for the wacky tobacky. You won't regret it!

I wish you all a happy new year and bid you all good health...

-bleezie
smokin some nepalese hybrid at the moment. stay green guys!

:listen2:

For those who can handle some nasty stuff...

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2006/07/10/smoking-study.html
a living holocaust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn50mTEGnrU
another perspective.

Last edited:
i'm trying to get my girlfriend to quit, cause she's asthmatic. Bitch won't quit, but when we started going out she made me quit(she started after we met). i swear, when i see her huffing her pump then taking a drag is the ONLY time in my life i've ever wanted to slap a woman...

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
This thread should be a lot longer...I for one need some help to get off these nasty little buggers..it's hard to quit man, I'm sure there are others here on the board who would like a little motivation or just tips to quit.

You can quit you have to decide and truly believe it.
After a few days it's no longer a thing.
Learn to despise it for unhealthy it is. Look up pictures of the damage it does
or read about all the negative health impacts.
You know it's not good for you
a part of you wants to quit
another part is locked in a circuit.

That circuit just needs new patterns to become the norm.

Withdrawal may seem hard at first but every day gets easier.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I quit Cold Turkey in 78'

I quit Cold Turkey in 78'

You can quit you have to decide and truly believe it.
After a few days it's no longer a thing.
Learn to despise it for unhealthy it is. Look up pictures of the damage it does
or read about all the negative health impacts.
You know it's not good for you
a part of you wants to quit
another part is locked in a circuit.

That circuit just needs new patterns to become the norm.

Withdrawal may seem hard at first but every day gets easier.

Find something to do with your hands...

The Nicotine withdrawals only last two weeks.

Good Luck

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
your gonna look like a nut job smoking an invisible cigarette...yeehaw.. I quit cold turkey , then needed an e cig...done with that too .. 6 months or so now...yeehaw.. if I am gonna smoke something it is gonna get me high...with the exception of the occasional cigar...then I prob only get mouth cancer...yeehaw...tobacco is bad MMKAY...wonder how much I paid over all these years especially taxes..??? 34 years or so worth...

Green Squall

your gonna look like a nut job smoking an invisible cigarette...yeehaw.. I quit cold turkey , then needed an e cig...done with that too .. 6 months or so now...yeehaw.. if I am gonna smoke something it is gonna get me high...with the exception of the occasional cigar...then I prob only get mouth cancer...yeehaw

HAHA That really made me laugh!

One of the most common phenomenological symptoms pertaining to scopalamine overdose is the subject smoking cigarettes that are not there in objective reality but appear just as real to the observer.

Dready_jake

I'd like to point out that a slight negative attitude, is ten times stronger than a fully positive attitude.

Sounds odd but what I mean By this is that if you have ANY negative thinking(evena simple one like that quitting is hard) it will overpower any positive thinking that you have or have done. You need to completely distract yourself with positive things like hiking and weed, and avoid any negative thoughts to enter the mind. Or that thought will snowball, start to dominate and then take over.

I'm a non smoker (ive smoked a LOT of hookah and blunts and didnt get addicted) but I have fought with this addiction in others(mom,gf,sister) for years and have seen it happen time and time again.

Positivity is your greatest strength and negativity your greatest weakness.

Good luck to all who are addicted to this scourge. I sincerely hope you can quit.

And p.s. don't go with the e cigs with nicotine. That's not quitting. Youre still getting nicotine which makes it really easy to slip and Fall off the wagon. If you want to Puff vapor to distract the physical habit go with ZERO nicotine.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had to quit cold turkey. Actually, I had a breathing attack while out prospecting and after that said fuck this shit. hehe

I had quit before but slipped up and got back on those damn things. If you fall back into smoking do not think you failed. You did quit for a while and that shows you could probably quit for good. Keep trying. I had to 'quit' several times before getting the final victory.

I also had to quit smoking pot as the two were inseparable for me. Right after toking I would always have a cig. Alcohol was off limits for a while too. Same thing, have a drink and a cig or two everytime.

If you are still smoking I would suggest taking vit c everyday. Half a gram or more if you can tolerate it. Will reduce damage to your lungs and body in general from the smoke.

I have some pipe tobacco and a corncob pipe around for some nicotine enjoyment on occasion. Pipes are nowhere near as addictive as cigs, at least for me. Do not smoke everyday or even every month. Cigs were every fucking day.

Pipe tobacco smokers live 2 years longer than average. Not suggesting to take it up but it is a far different thing than smoking cigs. I still crave cigs or nicotine after 26 years off them. The craving is not intense and after a while passes.

Protea

I've been a reluctant smoker for years. Have quit so many times that ive stoped counting.

I have always started again.

Mostly when I smoke hash, because I mix it with a cigarette worth of tobacco, Euro style.
But when I'm not smoking the cigarettes, I have slowly started to smoke more and more joins and I do it for the tobacco not the hash, the hash I put in there just as a excuse so I'm at least not smoking a cigarette, but that way the days are becoming very unproductive so after some time of doing this I sucumb and pick up the Camel and carry it on my back one more time.
Also I travel a lot
And dutyfree shops is the worst for me, if your weak there you'll end up with 200 cigarettes at home witch is enough for a month of smoking for me.
So I get stuck in this loop where Camel is the real drug, and the illegal hash is my excuse for continuing.
So I guess I'll have to start smoking hash from bongs, no more cigarettes I can't take it any longer

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
And for those who have access to lots of ganja, just smoke lots of greens in substitute for the wacky tobacky. You won't regret it!

Words :smoker:

Tobacco is pure poison. You know it :sasmokin:
And it stinks really bad too :puke:

P

Green Squall

picture.php

snake11

Had a friend empty a marb light into a four foot bong and spark it up. He then turned green,puked, curled up in the fetal position on the bathroom floor, and couldn't touch cigs for over a month.

I like your ingenuity but what stops you from just buying another pack?

The idea is to use the timer on the safe to measure your cigaretes out through the day, say 1 hour apart. Over time you just increase out the length inbetween cigarettes. Yould only ever be waiting an extra few minutes at a time and your ciggarette wil be there. No need to go and buy more.

Its the theory anyhow....

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
just do it.. I quit except for a few cigars now an then ..yeehaw....I could see myself with a chop saw trying to open that safe at 2 am....lol